Sign in to follow this  
Russell

We Gonna Have a JB Server For GO?

Well , honestly I think its going to be a little rough. You'll have to program or wait for someone else to program the plugins which will take a while. Also, you would need to populate it, which is hard because most that actually buy CS:GO would do it to play deathmatch, or the original maps (or competitive gameplay). As for CS:GO, most players from the CS:S division probably won't go to JB in CS:GO considering the price of CS:GO upon release would probably be from 30-60 USD.

Overall if this is going to work, it would probably be successfully working starting the late 2012 year.

But notice, more and more games are becoming less compatible with external components. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive looks built to be a default game, with default maps. Basically no external maps/plugins, because it would be difficult for the cross platform (PS3/MAC/PC) to you know.... play together because PS3 cannot download external plugins, for the rink of a virus.

So I'm thinking you will not be getting plugins EVER...

it would take a couple of years before a jb server/mod is out for cs:go, and what sgt blu said, more and more games are becoming less and less modifiable, which will lead to the same stuff over and over and maybe map packs. look at the total war series, RTW and M2TW were highly customizable, with almost everything modifiable except the game engine itself, and now look at empire, napoleon and shogun 2, those games are very static and fixed, very little modifiable tools out for those games, and i doubt they will release the tools for those games, cause they make DLC's

I'm very positive there will be a JB server. It will probably take no more than 2 months if not less for plugin/map makers to update their things. But you never know what will and will not work until the game is released. :courage:

Well the thing is the beta itself is only for the PC. So the only thing i can think of is that valve has set aside some PC only capabilities in which xbox 360 or PS3 users would never be able to use. I really do not think valve, the company that has delayed the realease of HL3 for WAY TO LONG, just so they can make money off of user created material such as TF2's Workshop would not include this.

FYI Gabe nweell needs way too much cake for CS:GO to be a standalone game.