Sign in to follow this  
TheAlphaWolf

Help! CS:S Game crash? da crap?

Hey, lately I've been having these very random game crashes in counter strike, and as some know, i use weapon skins.

This isn't the problem, I've noticed. I reinstalled my game, completely, and before that, deleted those skins. Even lowering 'rate' in console doesn't work. So if anyone has any sort of idea to explain this, please tell me. This is very annoying, and i can not get any console reports from CS:S anyways on why it crashes. Thanks for your time!!!

Have you noticed any patterns of when it crashes to try to narrow it down?

Is it only on a specific server?

Specific map?

Are you spectating outside the map?

Is there "a lot" going on?

Are there "a lot" of players?

*By "a lot" I mean anything out of the ordinary that may cause a connection failure, etc.

Any recent computer hardware changes?

Are all your drivers up to date?

Is Steam and CS:S up to date?

Try reinstalling CS:S?

*Copy your \cfg\ folder, uninstall cs:s from Steam, delete cstrike folder, then reinstall and try BEFORE copying your \cfg\ folder back, this will rule out any settings as an error

I have noticed the following patterns;

1. It usually only occurs on xG servers (for whatever reason, and it started i believe Thursday.) Nothing out of the ordinary other than the crashes.

2. I'm not sure what you mean by 'a lot' as there always is on xG surf, but to answer honestly i don't know.

3. Drivers are as current as possible, without being a development build.

4. Happens anywhere from 4 - XX amount of players

Thanks for your post, I'll try that reinstall method soon. :S

EDIT:EDIT:: Crashes are random, but have become more frequent. Everything i try doesn't fix it. (Though it does not crash on original CS:S maps.)