snakeboyeric

Paying Canadian Customs? Help me my Canadian friends!

So, I live in the USA ('MURICA), and want to ship a friend a gift worth >$150 from a company in Hong Kong, China. I dont want him to have to pay any customs charges or weird taxes. Have any of you had experience buying stuff from china, shipping stuff to friends in Canada from China, or something similar? Any help is appreciated.

I'm pretty sure if you're paying for the gift, they will charge you the customs also; your friend wouldn't have to pay for customs at all. Shipping is shipping, even if its to Canada.

How will the mounties know i paid for it in the us? The company says free shipping worldwide for orders over $30. Just want to make sure he doesnt have to pay to pick it up. When i have bought stuff from china and had it shipped here, ive never paid customs tax.

i've never got charged when a package arrives. If there are any custom fees, it would be deducted from the credit card including the price of the item.

I ordered some paintball stuff from California, USA and paid like 10 dollars in custom taxes. If you pay customs for how far it has to travel then your fucked, if not and its like 10 bucks then your in luck :D

~Thanks Eden

Most of the time you have it covered when you pay for it (normally adds up to the subtotal), but on rare occasions your friend may have to pay. It's nothing substantial, most of the time it ranges from 10~20$ (I think?).

This has only happened to me once when I received a package from a friend in the US (Texas) where I had to pay 15$. I believe it was from "UPS". Every other item I have had delivered here via out of Country only required a signature and sometimes they just leave it at the front door (normally happens with "Fed Ex" deliveries).