Bone

Calling All Deathrunners!

I agree with the steampunk-ish theme.

Traps:

1. The third trap in dr_blockv9 except of the picture being megaupload it should be links and the fbi thingy should be a giant sign of XG rules.

2. A JB meme.

3. A JB2 meme.

4. Please have a color (crush) game for the final.

5. Humiliation

And maybe a music room...please..

Also...will there be easter eggs 0w0

Easter Eggs will definitely be a thing. I plan on making a lot.

Dunno how to make a crush game, but I'll attempt to learn how to do so.

The only JB meme I know is the song from Sand (@Egossi)

Steampunk does seem like a nice theme idea, but the map I'm currently working on has a kind of inside of a dam/steamy watery machine with lots of pipes and steam vibe to it.

Maybe I'll have different areas with different themes, I dunno yet. It'll be possibly a month before my current map is done, so I might have an idea by then.

Easter Eggs will definitely be a thing. I plan on making a lot.

Dunno how to make a crush game, but I'll attempt to learn how to do so.

The only JB meme I know is the song from Sand (@Egossi)

Steampunk does seem like a nice theme idea, but the map I'm currently working on has a kind of inside of a dam/steamy watery machine with lots of pipes and steam vibe to it.

Maybe I'll have different areas with different themes, I dunno yet. It'll be possibly a month before my current map is done, so I might have an idea by then.

make one trap where when you get trapped in it, it plays the good ol' sand tune

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id=R_B9znfZ7Ws

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

The only JB meme I know is the song from Sand

Magic School Bus from Wakka

Elevator from blackops

Terrorist car from downview

ON DE BEACH from legojail

Statue of large japanese man furiously screaming dishonor

As for the sand song, might as well just add a huge jumprope and have the song play. Would pay true homage to it.

I got the jb2 memes, just ask for em. :cool:

Also, for anyone interested... I've been toying with an idea for a map that would essentially be a big minigame. I'm just not sure how well received it would be, since it would be a bit unconventional.

I don't want to reveal too much info, but imagine an obstacle course whilst moving at 100 Mph. This is also playing in the background: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-J0H5ah1G7A

Since a Death wouldn't really be necessary, I figure maybe they can activate alternate courses so it's not the same map over and over again.

I'm still working out the details, but I wanted to see if interest in such a map exists, or if it belongs in a garbage can.

Bumping this thread since it's still very much a thing. When I finish my minigame map, I'll begin work on this again.

The theme is Steampunk/Machine

I got ideas for traps

Now for the most important element: Music

Besides the Sweeper minigame, the thing most requested to me about maps is a music room, which will exist. However, my taste in music may be completely different from everyone else's.

Simply put, post music you'd want to be added to the map in an easter egg/music room.

Idea, u could have a secret area you could get to like the psyco map, it would have the credits and everything.

Planned on it. It'll be mostly and xG map, so I'll have a list of sounds/music and people in xG who helped out.

Oh, and have a :emoji_b:eter meme somewhere in there, doesn't have to be a trap.

Oh boy. I'll just have a trap that drops boxes with the :emoji_b: on it.

All these memes though and just playing on the map will give you Terminal Steven

i recommend taking some inspiration from this map dr_runoff (Team Fortress 2 > Maps > Deathrun) - GAMEBANANA

as it is the most well made DR map out there, it was added to our server very recently and everybody who played it is in love with it

PS: nobody would expect you to make a map that is as high quality as that would take a very long time and it requires way too much effort and experience although the general theme of the traps there are also really cool

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

i recommend taking some inspiration from this map dr_runoff (Team Fortress 2 > Maps > Deathrun) - GAMEBANANA

as it is the most well made DR map out there, it was added to our server very recently and everybody who played it is in love with it

PS: nobody would expect you to make a map that is as high quality as that would take a very long time and it requires way too much effort and experience although the general theme of the traps there are also really cool

I had actually planned to make a huge Dam themed Deathrun map as my first, but felt I wasn't good enough yet.

Runoff looks cool, but I don't want anyone to feel like I ripped off a map (my minigames map already has inspiration from a ton of maps).

Plus this map seems like it'll be more memey since it'll kinda be xG themed. Even though it's gonna trigger my OCD since the traps won't fit the theme.

I do plan on making a themed map who's traps fit perfectly with it's theme, but that might be like 8 maps in the future...

Ok, I looked into the map. It's pretty neat, but believe it or not, it's not that hard to do the stuff he did in the map other than the cool little animation he made the props do. Even then, it's totally do-able.

-Get people from the clan to add voices to some of the traps (preferably more memorable people, such as higher ups)

-Skeletons

-B O N E L E S S Pizza

-More skeletons

-Make the map baby blue, gray, blue gray, and black (the xG colors)

-Make the motivator some staff member threatening to ban

That's all I got right now.