Brian

What Needs To Be Done

It's not even for the powers. As Forge mentioned, it's for the servers and xG as a whole. I enjoy playing on the servers and hence why I even applied with xG in the first place. If I pay a small fee to assist them to stay up? I'm down.

I merely asked if people donated the entire 20 keys.

I think people are taking what I said about donation the wrong way. I'm not saying that donations in general are bad, I'm saying that there are better systems than the one we have currently. The bundle system is, I feel flawed, because if you only want a certain privilege, you may have to go up all the way on the highest tier. Obviously, stuff such as /tsay and /hsay are understandable, but lesser privileges such as !makemegift aren't really worth donating nearly 38$ worth of keys for. I am instead suggesting that they be implemented individually into hub, and that people maybe either grind for a few days in order to get what they want, or pay upfront and have access to multiple options. This makes it more of a pick and choose what you would like, rather than a set of options contained only in this bundle. It would allow the donator more freedom in options. plus, with lower costs, more people would be willing to donate.

So that makes the money we spent to not only supply xG with server money but it also means the powers we were given because of it are suddenly worth shit all? That's stupid as hell, I like the donation powers as they are, they're fun to mess around with and have a good time, taking that away and giving everyone the ability to use the perks practically is just scamming the Uber Donators out of the perks they spent so much for. What's the point in donating if all the perks are suddenly available on hub for just a few days grinding of credits?

So that makes the money we spent to not only supply xG with server money but it also means the powers we were given because of it are suddenly worth steaming pantload all? That's stupid as hell, I like the donation powers as they are, they're fun to mess around with and have a good time, taking that away and giving everyone the ability to use the perks practically is just scamming the Uber Donators out of the perks they spent so much for. What's the point in donating if all the perks are suddenly available on hub for just a few days grinding of credits?

It's to give more incentive for either playing on the server, or donating for the server. Either they help populate the server, or they give money to the server. It's a win-win situation. The Uber Donators would still be able to keep since they donated previously, people would either play on the servers for multiple hours to earn perks, or they would donate in order to get perks faster. I honestly don't see why you're so upset.

Also, you donate in order to ensure the server stays up, the perks are just an added bonus. If you donate merely because you wanted the perks, you don't care at all about the server, but rather the perks that benefit you.

I don't get why you're "upset" about the system, It's fine and it has been working fine since it came out, There's nothing wrong with the Donation System and it does not need changing.

I don't get why you're "upset" about the system, It's fine and it has been working fine since it came out, There's nothing wrong with the Donation System and it does not need changing.

It's fine, but it could be improved upon. It's called forming an opinion.

You guys are taking the donation suggestion the wrong way, and I agree with Brian on it. Having bundles costing so much makes it seem unattainable for most players, and it makes people think it's not worth staying on the server for. However, if the hub system was choice over bundle (*cough*csgo hub system *cough*) I feel more people would want to stay and grind for those credits, instead of seeing a goal as high as uber donator status, even though they may only like one or two of the benefits that come with it. Also, once you get that uber bundle, what reason is there for a regular to stay on the server other than using those perks for a day or two? With the individual perk system, theres more reason for those regulars to want to play on the server, it gives a sort of goal for players to strive towards.

There really is no reason to be upset over a suggesion :(

Let's settle this like men, and I can implement a few donator perks to be hub + donator (you can donate to cheat waiting and grinding credits), though some will stay donator exclusive. Happy? Happy. Yaay, now let's form opinions about the other suggestions other than a 10 page long argument of "x is better than y because z said so, but -1 dislikes it, so +1 is correct and let's murder each other in our sleeps".

First of all, the guy who started this thread sounds professional, so I can trust him. Secondly, I want to as active as possible to help with the completion of FF2. I believe it has potential as an improved and more varied version of VSH. Of course, I'll have to be a member, first!

I agree with Brian on the donations thing. I will not spend 20 keys/ $38 on some powers. I for one can barely get my bp up to like 3 keys. Also I dont have the money to be putting $38 into this game, let alone on just 4 servers. Now I could grind and trade forever up to around the max 20 keys. But I would rather put my 20 keys into an unusual and move on up to better unusuals. For me I would rather spend my time playing on the server and playing for those credits instead bumping my trades every 30 min on tf2outpost and sitting in some trade server waiting for the trades to come through. I would like to spend 2k credits for a custom title or the colorme command instead of having to spend the crazy amount of keys i would have to spend to get these things. And if someone wants the command/commands bad enough they can donate for the amount of credits needed to get said things. Or they can play the servers forever and work for those credits. Also with these perks I have seen many people abuse their powers. Why is there a warning system. I feel like a one and done kind of thing would work a lot better. People would feel scared to abuse their powers because if they are caught once their powers are stripped. It may seem a little nazi but it makes sense and it would cut down on the abusing a lot. But like what Brian said take everything with a grain of salt. It makes no sense that a flame war is started because someone posted a suggestion. Let the man/woman post what they have to say and if you disagree you dont have to get so defensive about it. And this isnt just for this one thread, it has happened on a lot of other threads. pls calm down. Its a thread on a website with people you have never meet irl. Its not worth someones time to get so defensive of something about a game.