PyroBunny

Pyro And Campers [ff2]

So, I've found a little bug with barrel Pyro (but that is beside the point for this thread). It's the glitch where once killed as a Pyro your cosmetics can "haunt" anyone you are spectating. Now I've also found that anyone can see these cosmetics and its very useful for pointing out C&D camping spies. Now, I've wondered, would that be considered ghosting?

[Dearly sorry if I've placed this thread in the wrong place]

if they are camping spies just slay them in the butt

Not everyone can slay...

I would not think so since it is a glitch.

Right right, but it is still technically showing where the player is. Plus to non-spies it can block vision. Either way, if you're telling me it isn't i'll go till someone else tells me it is.

Not everyone can slay...

Right right, but it is still technically showing where the player is. Plus to non-spies it can block vision. Either way, if you're telling me it isn't i'll go till someone else tells me it is.

Ill slay their butts then >:3

So, I've found a little bug with barrel Pyro (but that is beside the point for this thread). It's the glitch where once killed as a Pyro your cosmetics can "haunt" anyone you are spectating. Now I've also found that anyone can see these cosmetics and its very useful for pointing out C&D camping spies. Now, I've wondered, would that be considered ghosting?

[Dearly sorry if I've placed this thread in the wrong place]

In answer to your question, I would consider this as ghosting. Whether it's a glitch or not is not the issue (@ChickenPanda). The point is that it reveals an active player's location without their consent. It's one thing if that player is Spy trolling, in which case this glitch is akin to using the 'slay' command and could be considered "helpful" for the time being. It's another if the player is strategically camping and ghosts are giving away their position.

Hope all that makes sense to everyone, I totally agree with @PyroBunny.

This bug is VERY annoying. It also blocks your view at sometimes, making it not easy to aim. I definitely think this could be ghosting, but it's just a bug that could be easily fixed (I'm assuming.) For now, we should put a rule in place that if this bug happens to you, you're not allowed to spectate spies. It's kind of a hitler rule, but it'd work until it's fixed.

This bug is VERY annoying. It also blocks your view at sometimes, making it not easy to aim. I definitely think this could be ghosting, but it's just a bug that could be easily fixed (I'm buttuming.) For now, we should put a rule in place that if this bug happens to you, you're not allowed to spectate spies. It's kind of a hitler rule, but it'd work until it's fixed.

But the point im trying to get across is that Im using it to combat campers.... More specifically C&D spies...

In answer to your question, I would consider this as ghosting. Whether it's a glitch or not is not the issue (@ChickenPanda). The point is that it reveals an active player's location without their consent. It's one thing if that player is Spy trolling, in which case this glitch is akin to using the 'slay' command and could be considered "helpful" for the time being. It's another if the player is strategically camping and ghosts are giving away their position.[/uSER].

May I repeat, not everyone on the server has access to slay.. And not always are there people on there who can..

Nonetheless, I posted this here to get an official call on whether or not it is breaking the rules set.

May I repeat, not everyone on the server has access to slay.. And not always are there people on there who can..

I didn't say that everyone has access to slay. I just meant that the glitch allows the boss to see C&D troll campers and thus serves the same purpose as the slay command.