Bot

oof...

I know CSGO servers are practically a lost cause and have been for quite some time, yesterday/ the other day there were multiple times that 4+ people were on, we played for a bit but it got boring with 3-5 T's and people left. I know it's kind of an extremely late request to make but if anyone would want to force populate on certain days or at least just gain some population sporadically I really think this would be a good time, and I know many people have been left with a deep sadness with the loss of population xD 

Please respond to this thread if interested to make plans

xG Bot signing off...

It's literally what I've been trying to do for like a solid half a year. Usually me and @CJCasper are on, @Lithium and @Jaydow also come on very often. Getting population in the server wouldn't actually take too long if people stopped being dinguses.
How could we get the servers more populated?

-CJ is on like all the time

-Events

-The TF2 peeps with CSGO who say they might come on could actually come on

-@virr could come back ?

-When people scroll through the server list, they're more likely to join the server if it is populated. More people will start to come on faster as the numbers increase, and those who enjoy the server might become members of xG. Those who don't fall in love fast might add the server to favs or come on every once in a while until they become devoted members, but if they open their favs and see it has no members all the time, they will most likely lose interest.

The simple solution is to just have more people on a lot and as the numbers start to grow and as the CSGO div regains its life, forcing population isn't needed anymore as it will gain its own population.
Of course, this would be in a perfect world where one of my many attempts to revive the CSGO div would last more than 2 months.

1 minute ago, Dannypicacho said:

-Events

Pretty sure someone could set up these events and post them in the discord

2 minutes ago, Dannypicacho said:

-The TF2 peeps with CSGO who say they might come on could actually come on

I have CS, and I am willing to come on next month, but you need to be more open.

Just now, Tatost said:

I have CS, and I am willing to come on next month, but you need to be more open.

We can easily get like 4 people to start as I can invite CJ plus 2 slaves devoted members that will always join me when I invite them to xG. After that, Lithium will usually come on, and we kinda just hope more people come on because getting the population to grow from there is just either luck or a burden.

3 minutes ago, Dannypicacho said:

We can easily get like 4 people to start as I can invite CJ plus 2 slaves devoted members that will always join me when I invite them to xG. After that, Lithium will usually come on, and we kinda just hope more people come on because getting the population to grow from there is just either luck or a burden.

Give people an incentive to play. Ex: Giveaways (credits, skins, etc.) and extra credits (once forum hub is back up and you can convert). These are just ideas off of the top of my head.

1 minute ago, Tatost said:

Giveaways (credits, skins, etc.) and extra credits 

First time joining now gives you 250 credits
we used to have giveaways they were lit but they just dissapeared
also @Lithium what actually did happen to the giveaways?

21 minutes ago, Dannypicacho said:

First time joining now gives you 250 credits
we used to have giveaways they were lit but they just dissapeared
also @Lithium what actually did happen to the giveaways?

probably too many giveaways and too little donations

Giveaways plugin crashed the servers, and since I don't think the skin donation bot is up anymore there aren't any skins to give away.

I try to do giveaways on JB in the form of bounties pretty often whenever there are a decent amount of players on, but we could probably do manual giveaways as well on minigames (or trivia for credits, like we used to do occasionally).

Anyways, the best way to populate is just to join the servers and to invite your friends. Check the #csgo channel on discord, @Dannypicacho or I post in there sometimes if there's people on and we're trying to get more. I can probably do an operation populate or two on the steam group too sometime this week (but people usually ignore those)

half the time the giveaway broke anyways

7 minutes ago, Lithium said:

I try to do giveaways on JB in the form of bounties pretty often whenever there are a decent amount of players on, but we could probably do manual giveaways as well on minigames (or trivia for credits, like we used to do occasionally).

lithium is rich so he often places large credit bounties on people but most of the time someone like jaydow will get it but if we just made a secret pact to place bounties after getting them people would strive to get them and have fun while doing so

I would also like to see more activity before continuing on my mapping project

27 minutes ago, Aegean said:

What day and time do you usually do it on @Dannypicacho, I'll help out on days that you're usually active

Since it's summer pretty much every day from about ~2pm - 8pm MDT (2 hours behind EDT, 1 hour i think behind CDT), my friends started a Terraria playthrough so some days I play with them, usually at about 5. I can add you and pretty much anytime you see like me, CJ, and lithium playing cs there's like a 75% chance we're on JB or MG.

Well it sounds like there A TON of people that would love to kick life back into the csgo servers and I believe if we have at least a few people on at most times of the day we can get some population back. Also, I believe that there are many people not viewing threads like this that would like to do the same, so is there any way to spread the message to a wider audience, possibly making some announcement on the front page of xenogamers.com/sending a community wide message?? I feel like if we made a spreadsheet on the discord and allowed for people to go in and add times that they could be present on the servers than we could find a way to have semi-constant population thus beckoning more foreigners to the xG servers. I know a revive has been sought for quite some time now, and it is a difficult, hit or miss path to go down, but I believe with enough people on we could really pull this back together.

Unfortunately I will not be able to play during prime times(the middle of the day) since i work most days, but I will definitely be able to be part of an early morning/late night crew and sometimes daytime if I am off work.

Lastly I actually am not in the discord and was not aware that we had one, if I could get an invite code or if someone could point me in the right direction towards joining that would be much appreciated.

Once again xG Bot signing off...