Sign in to follow this  
Duplolas

Thank You XenoGamers :)

I just thought I could share a little slice of my real life that XenoGamers has had an affect on. Thanks to XenoGamers, I have realized basically what career path I want to go. Ive always leaned towards Computer Engineering and still am, but thats for my Major. For my minor I am going go into Cyber Security :P I have this idea in my head of me working for the FBI helping others who are being attacked over the internet. The idea all started when I learned of xG being ddosed (I dont remember which time though as we have been attacked plenty :P). I kinda looked into what ddosing was and realized that being attacked over the internet can really be brutal as fuck! Then came the big one (the one with You Know Who). Aegean got swatted. Our servers were almost always completely down. It was a mess. I just thought how fucked up a person you gotta be to do that kinda stuff to another person. And eventually I got ddosed myself and still currently am (not successfully though ;) ). So that was basically the last push for me to go into the field of Cyber Security.

Virginia Tech aka one of the best tech schools in the US of A, just started teaching a minor in cyber security this year. And with my college years coming up, ill be one of the first classes to actually receive a minor in this field from them. ALSO! Next year im going into a program called Cyber Patriot (AFA CyberPatriot Website). Which I think is just the coolest fucking thing ever. And depending on how far I go into the program, I basically might get a job working at a major business or even the FBI as soon as I get out of college!

I just want to thank all those in xG, especially you @@silence. Without you xG would have never been created. And I think everyone in xG owes you a lot for creating such an amazing community of awesome players.

Also kinda @Link_ because of everything that's happened xD

I would have been thankful too if he stopped chewing bubblegum and inserting it into his vocal cords causing an continuous infection of being a complete imbecile. But, that's okay too. We all have opinions, and apparently, mine is a fact.

You don't just go to college and learn everything there. Most people who pursue those type of careers have experience.

I would recommend looking into Unix flavors (particularly linux centOS) being as most websites use those for hosting. Though there is so much you can start off of, that's just a suggestion.

EDIT: Forgot to mention DDoS mitigation/server hardening (building up a firewall).

Glad you're passionate about what you plan to do :D

And you're welcome, as it was ME all along who did the ddossing.

USER HAS BEEN BANNED

FOR THIS POST