Sign in to follow this  
Brian

Need Help with Gaming Computer

mayb a cpu cooler

Not "maybe" a cpu cooler, you definitely want a CPU cooler, it's not a maybe. Unless you plan on overclocking the flower-style cooler that comes with it will be fine.

Not "maybe" a cpu cooler, you definitely want a CPU cooler, it's not a maybe. Unless you plan on overclocking the flower-style cooler that comes with it will be fine.

he doesn't need one, for my friend he used the stock, saved up money, then bought i nicer one, its just he had the lower end amd cpu and didn't really need one but Brian i believe said no over clocking, btw McNeo what are your specs to your pc

Regards,

-ERNIE

doesn't[/color] need one, for my friend he used the stock, saved up money, then bought i nicer one, its just he had the lower end amd cpu and didn't really need one but Brian i believe said no over clocking, btw McNeo what are your specs to your pc

Regards,

-ERNIE

lol what? Are you fucking kidding me? I haven't seen a computer powered on for longer than 10 seconds with no CPU cooler. Show me one, and you win 5 internets, otherwise, no.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSdcMqWM1DE

I don't know you so I assume you probably don't know me - but anyone on this forum will vouch for my computer know how. I've been around computers my whole life - it's all I do.

lol what? Are you fucking kidding me? I haven't seen a computer powered on for longer than 10 seconds with no CPU cooler. Show me one, and you win 5 internets, otherwise, no.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSdcMqWM1DE

I don't know you so I assume you probably don't know me - but anyone on this forum will vouch for my computer know how. I've been around computers my whole life - it's all I do.

I was talking about an aftermarket cooler, he didn't need to buy one casue the cpu he selected had a stock cpu cooler. I thought you'd pick up on that. I'm fully aware that a cpu will not last without a cooler thanks for taking me for an idiot though

McNeo I was just trying to help

on the other hand do you know anything about watercooling? I've kinda wanted to do a watersystem myself, but I have no idea where to start and @Brian I hope you find what you're looking for

Regards,

-ERNIE

@Brian

Everything is pretty decent, but I would like to persuade you to go with an Intel processor. AMD is fine, and they make great things, but Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge have great benchmarks and are a great way to go. That being said, they are more pricey so it is up to you, but if you want these parts to not have problems running games and programs in a few years, get a Sandy.

Looks good man! What about a CD/DVD drive and a wireless card?

Mainly gonna use Steam, and Microsoft Office, which I'm buying online. I'm gonna use the router as my internet, as I hear wired are generally better than wireless.

Yessir. I only mention the wireless card because you were interested in it before.

You'll still need a DVD drive to install Windows ;)

Yessir. I only mention the wireless card because you were interested in it before.

You'll still need a DVD drive to install Windows ;)

Hackintosh. Thumbdrive.

Hackintosh. Thumbdrive.

You're dead to me.

Also, Hackintosh's work best with Intel, since your setup is AMD, good luck. Leedle.

You're dead to me.

Also, Hackintosh's work best with Intel, since your setup is AMD, good luck. Leedle.

>implying I was serious.

Did you forget about Ubuntu?