Rejects

[poll] Remove Or Keep Trade_nimbusland On Trade Gaming History

Keep Trade_Nimbusland  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Keep Trade_Nimbusland

• Yes
    • No

For me, when the server changes to a map I don't like you want to know what I do, I leave, I don't sit and complain about it, I just leave

THIS

ABSOLUTELY THIS

you disagree with me about nimbus, but most players on the server have the same attitude right here. And what happens when a large amount of players feel this way? We get maps that literally drop the population exponentially. I don't know why you don't think that's a problem

People don't just quit on Nimbus, Moosty. I've seen a full server plenty of times on that map. While people -do- complain, it isn't nearly as bad as some other maps at culling the population.

What I'm saying is to do genuine observation. Take your time, soak in how the population changes, and etc. Say that a different map did this; Wouldn't it be the same scenario? There is no need to nitpick through a well-written paragraph and ignore every other point to use it for an argument with me; It's a really rude thing to do, especially when I've already acknowledged the map's flaws, and Lethalgamer has addressed some good points. People have even agreed that both sides have good points. Can't you?

So, I'll ask you again; Why are you pushing this civil discussion into an argument?

People don't just quit on Nimbus, Moosty. I've seen a full server plenty of times on that map. While people -do- complain, it isn't nearly as bad as some other maps at culling the population.

What I'm saying is to do genuine observation. Take your time, soak in how the population changes, and etc. Say that a different map did this; Wouldn't it be the same scenario? There is no need to nitpick through a well-written paragraph and ignore every other point to use it for an argument with me; It's a really rude thing to do, especially when I've already acknowledged the map's flaws, and Lethalgamer has addressed some good points. People have even agreed that both sides have good points. Can't you?

So, I'll ask you again; Why are you pushing this civil discussion into an argument?

Eh I think you might be misjudging how much animosity if any is going into these posts. Im just makimg arguments and the way I write it seems sassy. It's up to the poll, the poll is leaning remove and has been from the jump. I've already voted, you've already voted. I was only nitpicking lethal, not you, and I only quote sections because as you see here, not all of the original post is usually relevant, and it's just a bit cluttered posting two peoples full Ideas. Never meant anything by it and it's how I've always used the forums since I joined. Besides I'm moving these last two days keeping an eye on this thread is just a take a break while Im in the bathroom or have a minute thing. I honestly might be overdoing it I realize I've been quoting everyone lol.

Ok, so a few things I noticed in some of these replies....

I can't vote on the poll for some reason, but I believe that nimbusland should stay and not be removed. Sure its mostly a hallway but red doesn't technically "spawn camp" Blu, it's really just both teams camping the door and not letting either team to leave their side

You just defined Spawn camping....

For those on blu who say "red team never lets blu in" it's the same for red team because blu never lets red out

Lets RED out... into BLU spawn?

Also the map has to be voted for for the server to change to it so if you don't want to play on the map you can literally vote for a different map

Except that when it comes to map voting, players have tunnel vision. Allow me to explain: A guy who's a known trouble maker gets on the map, nominates Nimbus since he just wants to spawn camp, then when RTV pops up "Hey guys, vote for Nimbus".

The problem lies in the fact that most players hit 1. If Nimbus was the first nominated, then it wins. Same with any map. Majority of the time the first one nominated wins. "Just vote for another map" doesn't work when you're the only player who didn't hit 1 by default

And usually spawn camping is the cause of this. Also, please list the other maps where people complain. You've said it like 3 times but haven't listed 'em yet. If they're complained more about than Nimbus then they need to be brought up.

I know Clock Town is one, also due to spawn camping. As well as Rusty Bucket. I've also noticed you seem to play quite a bit on Clock Town and Nimbus...

The only reason I bring this up is that most of the time on these maps, RED has the advantage. The Spawn camping advantage

and to quote you: "... doing what I do best. Spawncamping"

Moosty just thinks it's strange that people are making accounts just to vote yes on this. One even said "I'll never even use this account". He's only concerned that you're telling people if they want it to stay to vote, but you're not telling the people who want it gone to vote too.

For the next few days when I join TGH, I'll be posting the link to this vote so everyone has a chance to vote on it. Plus, it might get a few regulars to join and express their opinion on the rest of our map roster

Im not quoting and editing all that but what bone said about trolls purposely choosing bad or campy maps as the first nomination option, when most players just hit 1. 10/10 good point I've noticed that shit forever

Ok, so a few things I noticed in some of these replies....

You just defined Spawn camping....

Lets RED out... into BLU spawn?

Except that when it comes to map voting, players have tunnel vision. Allow me to explain: A guy who's a known trouble maker gets on the map, nominates Nimbus since he just wants to spawn camp, then when RTV pops up "Hey guys, vote for Nimbus".

The problem lies in the fact that most players hit 1. If Nimbus was the first nominated, then it wins. Same with any map. Majority of the time the first one nominated wins. "Just vote for another map" doesn't work when you're the only player who didn't hit 1 by default

And usually spawn camping is the cause of this. Also, please list the other maps where people complain. You've said it like 3 times but haven't listed 'em yet. If they're complained more about than Nimbus then they need to be brought up.

I know Clock Town is one, also due to spawn camping. As well as Rusty Bucket. I've also noticed you seem to play quite a bit on Clock Town and Nimbus...

The only reason I bring this up is that most of the time on these maps, RED has the advantage. The Spawn camping advantage

and to quote you: "... doing what I do best. Spawncamping"

Moosty just thinks it's strange that people are making accounts just to vote yes on this. One even said "I'll never even use this account". He's only concerned that you're telling people if they want it to stay to vote, but you're not telling the people who want it gone to vote too.

For the next few days when I join TGH, I'll be posting the link to this vote so everyone has a chance to vote on it. Plus, it might get a few regulars to join and express their opinion on the rest of our map roster

So are you going to stop pretending you aren't for one side?

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

All the arguments about "they're only camping the castle not blu spawn"

Or my favorite new meme the "blu doesn't let red out of the castle either so it's even"

The map is mostly the castle. Explorable area wise, I'd say 85%+ of the map is on the RED side of the doors. Sure, Blu team can explore the Courtyard, but nothing is in the courtyard except the credits room and that one house that has basement/skybox thing. Keeping a team to exploring about 10% of the map may not be spawncamping, but is in absolutely no way even or fair.

And if people really think getting through that hallway when there's a solid sentry camp and people spamming down the hallway is a matter of skill or getting an uber. And that they could do it (it's funny most of the people making these claims love that red side). Here's the thing, you can't. And RTD isn't a solution either. If the absolutely only way to break a spawncamp involves waiting around for someone to get a specific rtd, which could take 5 mins to 3 hours, then I would consider that camp unbreakable. Expecting the other team to wait to build multiple ubers, or get a specific RTD, is a time consuming process for a 50/50 at best shot.

If there's one thing I learned from this thread it's that we need an arbitrary guideline for what is/isn't breakable. a certain number of sentries/people or something, maybe my map. Because all of the staff have very different definition of unbreakable, and some would just never break, even if it was unbreakable.

Also I realized that if we just class restricted engie out of the trade servers, which we would never do, we would have absolutely no need for any spawn camping or building blocking rules, just a concise little "no bodyblocking"

Engie was the problem

So do we just ignore the fact that there needs to be 2 weeks before you can remove the map? or are you guys just doing what you want? Because even if it does win, it's still should be around for those 2 weeks and removing it prematurely is incredibly dumb.

The map is already gone before the 14 days are even up it seems, RIP Nimbus.

that's the sad reality of it. i'll miss nimbus

Saddening, but I guess that's that.

ai.imgur.com_BBufIX2.png.6b7302fec9e5a35af88a85e71e336ad3.png

@Rejects @Scootaloo @kbraszzz did you guys remove nimbusland?

The poll was going to decide whether we keep it or not. (n)

Edited by Bello (see edit history)