Rejects

[poll] Remove Or Keep Trade_nimbusland On Trade Gaming History

Keep Trade_Nimbusland  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Keep Trade_Nimbusland

• Yes
    • No

I'm not gonna vote, but I will put my thoughts on the map:

The Spawn Camping: Yeah, it's a bit of an issue. Once you get camped it's VERY hard to break it.

"Oh, just one Uber will do the job". Maybe... if like 4 people were camping, but usually it's the entire RED team.

"Oh, then just camp your own spawn and they can't camp you". This can usually work, heck I've done it before, but all it takes is a Godmode or Toxic rtd and the whole thing goes down.

"Why don't you just spawn camp them then?". They have a teleport spawn, so BLU isn't allowed to camp RED's spawn. You can camp in other areas, but they have multiple ways to leave, unlike BLU spawn.

"Then just have everyone go friendly, you dingus!". This works... for about 5 minutes. See, RED wants to kill people, without people to kill they leave, when they leave, server gets empty quick. You see where I'm going with this.

"Well Bone, I disagree with you!". That's fine, but this is what happens every time Nimbus is chosen. Refusing to believe it happens doesn't stop it from happening.

"But Bone, you're a Mod. Why don't you just do something about it whenever it happens?". Mods can't always be on. Besides, for a Mod to step in it has to be deemed unbreakable, which as you can tell by a lot of these responses "isn't possible"

"But Bone, other maps RED can camp. Why is this one worse?". Because BLU can't camp them back. In the other maps they can. If they can't for the same Tele-spawn reason, then there you go.

"Well then maybe BLU should just git gud". This isn't a solution, nor is it a good enough excuse for a map that's designed in the RED's favor.

The point of the retro looking maps is to go around and go "Hey, I remember this from the old game!", but instead you get "Oh.... I don't remember the part in Mario RPG where you violently explode trying to leave these doors... huh...". It ruins the design of the map, honestly.

There are other maps with this flaw, but Nimbus is probably the most well-known. Clock Town also suffers from this issue, and due to the shape of the hallway in BLU spawn it makes it rough to fight back. I had even once built a teleporter that went outside on the sides of the BLU spawn, and RED made it a mission to find and destroy it so we couldn't leave. There are also regulars on TGH who vote for these maps so they can spawn camp. I won't list names, but if you play on TGH you know who they are...

Welp, that's just my personal observation on the map and others may see it differently and that's fine. But just think about this, if you enjoyed the map last time you played on it, try to remember if you were on RED.

I'm not gonna vote, but I will put my thoughts on the map:

The Spawn Camping: Yeah, it's a bit of an issue. Once you get camped it's VERY hard to break it.

"Oh, just one Uber will do the job". Maybe... if like 4 people were camping, but usually it's the entire RED team.

"Oh, then just camp your own spawn and they can't camp you". This can usually work, heck I've done it before, but all it takes is a Godmode or Toxic rtd and the whole thing goes down.

"Why don't you just spawn camp them then?". They have a teleport spawn, so BLU isn't allowed to camp RED's spawn. You can camp in other areas, but they have multiple ways to leave, unlike BLU spawn.

"Then just have everyone go friendly, you dingus!". This works... for about 5 minutes. See, RED wants to kill people, without people to kill they leave, when they leave, server gets empty quick. You see where I'm going with this.

"Well Bone, I disagree with you!". That's fine, but this is what happens every time Nimbus is chosen. Refusing to believe it happens doesn't stop it from happening.

"But Bone, you're a Mod. Why don't you just do something about it whenever it happens?". Mods can't always be on. Besides, for a Mod to step in it has to be deemed unbreakable, which as you can tell by a lot of these responses "isn't possible"

"But Bone, other maps RED can camp. Why is this one worse?". Because BLU can't camp them back. In the other maps they can. If they can't for the same Tele-spawn reason, then there you go.

"Well then maybe BLU should just git gud". This isn't a solution, nor is it a good enough excuse for a map that's designed in the RED's favor.

The point of the retro looking maps is to go around and go "Hey, I remember this from the old game!", but instead you get "Oh.... I don't remember the part in Mario RPG where you violently explode trying to leave these doors... huh...". It ruins the design of the map, honestly.

There are other maps with this flaw, but Nimbus is probably the most well-known. Clock Town also suffers from this issue, and due to the shape of the hallway in BLU spawn it makes it rough to fight back. I had even once built a teleporter that went outside on the sides of the BLU spawn, and RED made it a mission to find and destroy it so we couldn't leave. There are also regulars on TGH who vote for these maps so they can spawn camp. I won't list names, but if you play on TGH you know who they are...

Welp, that's just my personal observation on the map and others may see it differently and that's fine. But just think about this, if you enjoyed the map last time you played on it, try to remember if you were on RED.

Why not vote if you have such clear negative view on the map?

Why not vote if you have such clear negative view on the map?

'cause I play on it whether or not there's spawn camping going on, and I usually play on BLU. It doesn't bug me as much since it's not against the rules and as long as they aren't trying camp in the area inside the doors.

The issues can still affect server population though. A lot of people who play don't have a forum account, so they don't quite have a way to express their perspective on it... Which is what I have to listen to while I'm playing... So in a way I guess I'm speaking for them, though nothing's stopping them from doing it themselves.

'cause I play on it whether or not there's spawn camping going on, and I usually play on BLU. It doesn't bug me as much since it's not against the rules and as long as they aren't trying camp in the area inside the doors.

The issues can still affect server population though. A lot of people who play don't have a forum account, so they don't quite have a way to express their perspective on it... Which is what I have to listen to while I'm playing... So in a way I guess I'm speaking for them, though nothing's stopping them from doing it themselves.

If you wish to be neutral then you have to present the other side of the case of why people might want the map to stay. You aren't giving the voice to the other group of people who might want it to stay. it just seems silly that if you're just presenting the negatives why not just vote?

Listen I just got off work so if I'm misreading this I sincerely apologize. It seems to me from shoutbox that @Kitsune is either asking those in shoutbox to vote to keep, or asking people from the server to come vote, seeing as Ceyah made an account tonight. (This shouldn't be a coincidence I've tried to get him to make an account for so damn long). I'm just a bit concerned by this, and it seems shady, especially since the vote has flipped since I went to work. It's not against the rules, but considering the population is very much divided and it leaned hard in one direction since I've been working, and mixed with ceyah joining (actually a miracle), I'm getting the vibe kit is cherrypicking people they (I legit don't know you're gender, vix and yourself convinced us you were a lesbian couple. Nice meme but no es true) know will vote their way. I just hope that isn't the case.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

It sounds like you're calling it shady that Kitsune is basically just asking people who want the map to stay to come on and vote for it to stay. I don't really see anything wrong with it, Kitsune is just spreading the word about the issue as are others so that everyone has a chance to speak up or vote.

It sounds like you're calling it shady that Kitsune is basically just asking people who want the map to stay to come on and vote for it to stay. I don't really see anything wrong with it, Kitsune is just spreading the word about the issue as are others so that everyone has a chance to speak up or vote.

It's the "asking people that want it to stay to vote for it to stay" that I'm a bit concerned about. Is kit asking the entire server their opinion and posting a link for people to come here and vote(completely valid reason to post a link, xG links as a general rule are fine)

Or only giving the link to certain people? Ask everyone at once if you're going to be asking at all. Otherwise, it's a bit shady.

It's the "asking people that want it to stay to vote for it to stay" that I'm a bit concerned about. Is kit asking the entire server their opinion and posting a link for people to come here and vote(completely valid reason to post a link, xG links as a general rule are fine)

Or only giving the link to certain people? Ask everyone at once if you're going to be asking at all. Otherwise, it's a bit shady.

He was on the server earlier talking to Goblin and pretty much everyone in the server at once about it for a good while, I know that much.

@Vixen @Goblins

A. Yes, I was bringing it up. I showed my support for keeping nimbus, while also agreeing with the finer points of people's opinions while on the game. (On that note, a lot of the stuff Bone says, barring the positives, can be applied to Rusty Bucket Bay - RED has a door, BLU has a teleport spawn.)

B.

bot.png Notice: @Ceyahdev is our newest member. Welcome!

avatar_female_s.png Kyla: oh hey ceyah

Kitsune: Welcome to the forums.

Kitsune: Ceyahdev is the Rank 1 player of TF2, having usurped my title as Rank 1 in my absense.

Kitsune: That being said, it's great to have him here.

Vixen: What, Kitsune, you weren't Rank 1, I was. I stopped playing for months and let Ceyah go for it.

Kitsune: Ha, I knew you'd respond to it. Yes, Vixen here was Rank 1.

I was rank 2. =P

Ceyahdev: i just made this account 1 minute ago

Kitsune: Welcome. Use that 1 minute to go vote yes to keeping nimbus

Ceyahdev: kk

Kitsune: The vote is neck and neck.

Ceyahdev: how do i vote btw

Owl: i remember when i was rank 1 on something

Owl: : /////

Kitsune: those were dark days.

And @Owl chose to reflect on his complicated, romanticized history. He thought he could run away from the man in the mysterious toque, and so he did. Yet he could not outrun the loss of his beloved. Who was his beloved? I don't know.

Alright, silliness aside..Seriously? Are you really nitpicking me for asking an old friend to vote on keeping Nimbus Land? I even told people on the server that while I felt strongly towards keeping it, they had brought up good points about it. Especially @Goblins.

Listen I just got off work so if I'm misreading this I sincerely apologize. It seems to me from shoutbox that @Kitsune is either asking those in shoutbox to vote to keep, or asking people from the server to come vote, seeing as Ceyah made an account tonight.

Kitsune had nothing to do with this Moosty, I let a few of my friends know about the map vote, people who play on TGH a lot. I wasn't able to get on the server to really tell everyone when I asked them to, but now I'm going to start asking people from the server to vote. You don't have to throw a fit just because 2 people made an account to vote.

I can't vote on the poll for some reason, but I believe that nimbusland should stay and not be removed. Sure its mostly a hallway but red doesn't technically "spawn camp" Blu, it's really just both teams camping the door and not letting either team to leave their side. There is this thing called RTD, so you can always so that to potentially break the Door Camp if you roll noclip or godmode. For those on blu who say "red team never lets blu in" it's the same for red team because blu never lets red out. Also the map has to be voted for for the server to change to it so if you don't want to play on the map you can literally vote for a different map. I personally think that no maps should be removed even speed high way or edventures because you as a player have the choice to vote and play on these maps. For me, when the server changes to a map I don't like you want to know what I do, I leave, I don't sit and complain about it, I just leave or when it comes time to vote for maps if a map I don't like is on the list of nominations, I vote to go to a map that isn't that map and I try to get people to vote for something else.

To sum this up, nimbusland should not be removed.

Sorry if this makes no sense in the order I wrote all of this, I was really just writing what I was thinking about.

Also, I didn't go and read every single reply to this poll so don't yell at me if I just basically wrote what someone else did.