Team Fortress 2

In-Game Name:

james8470

Identity:

STEAM_0:0:69107625

Ban Type:

Server Ban

Information:

I was banned by Thunder today but a few minutes ago for "Asked him to remove tags,didn't, then left the server".

First, what Thunder is referring to is that he observed me joining the TF2 trade server with an '[xG]' tag I had added this day. Then, he asked for my forum name. I explained that I was going to apply on the forums this day. Then, he said you need to be a member in order to have xG by your name. I replied 'Ok, on it'. Then, I changed my name to remove the '[xG]' in respect of the tag rule (I was unaware of), then I visited the forums to apply. After I applied, I found that I was banned from the servers after I attempted to rejoin.

The reasons why I feel I should be unbanned is because I did, in fact, remove the tags Thunder was speaking of, except I did this just after I left the server. The reason I left the server in the first place is because I didn't want to explain this complex situation in the chat (I can't use my mic ATM due to TF2 glitches, I can explain this in more detail if you wish) although I did actually say 'Ok, on it' after Thunder reminded me of the tag rules. I truly enjoy xG TF2 servers and would be saddened to have been banned for such a misunderstanding.

That being said, I did not actually read the website beforehand as I should've for all the time I've spent of the server. Therefore I did not know about the tag rules, my fault.

In addition, I understand that if Thunder didn't understand what I meant when I wasn't quite clear in my responses, then he would just see me leave right after he told me not to have 'xG' by my name. I see how it must've looked to him and I send my apologies for my lack of clarity.

One last thing, the whole reason I added [xG] to my name is because of how much I like their servers, mainly because I appreciate you responsive and helpful staff and lively community. I have never been banned or kicked before. While I respect the decisions of staff and will no longer pester xG's community if this appeal is denied, I feel this ban is unfair when I had no intent of impersonation or hurting xG's good name when in fact, my intent was to do the exact opposite.

I'm sorry for this mess, and respectfully ask to be unbanned on xG's TF2 servers.