Killaconor

New Guard system

What do you think of the current !guard  

26 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the current !guard

• I like it the way it is
    • I DONT like it the way it is
    • I dont care either way.

Hello, i believe that we should re-do the !guard system because it is elitist and does not allow for education to new players to an XG server.

The way we currently have it is if theres a new map and people are just coming in the players who commonly play on the JB server have almost a zero second load timebetween maps so tey get into the server fastest and type !guard while the music is still playing and get to become CT's.

With that system only regular xG players get to become CT and Warden. Thats not that bad because it allows for people who know the rules to enforce them. But until recently i find myself waiting and watching the loading bar with my fingers on all the hotkeys so that in half a second apon seeing the MOTD screen i am in game and in slot 1 for CT's.

I dont think this allows for people who are new to the server but have read the MOTD and are potential great CT's to get into the server fast enough and slot up for CT's to become a CT.

As i type this i am trying to think of a resolution to this problem ( maby im the only one who thinks this is one) other than a lottery of random CT's or maby every round theres a new bunch of CT's. Maby that would allow for an even chance.

Anyway thanks for reading and if anything this is a chance to reflect on our current system and get a new perspective on it.

I think the new lot of random cts every couple of rounds would be a great idea! Especially in the cases where the ct's of the round are really fucking sucking. With our current system, bad ct's get to stay the whole map :/ We could possibly still have the option of turning the ability of us joining to guard off, so if wanted, ULTRA RABABLERBOOBLERS could still get to do their thing!

We can't have a CT randomizer, some people don't want to be a CT lol (I'm a case in point) I do agree with the fact that we need something new.

I've experienced that even on the most active of nights, the CT queue is constantly moving, whether it be disconnects or switches, by choice or not. I think this is implying that if you're not the first one in queue, that you will never be a CT, and that's just not true.

Not being completely negative, being able to remove yourself from the queue would be neat. Like, !unguard, or something.

Hmmm now that I think about it, what if !guard put you into a DRAW for CT, instead of like a certain order, it just chose randomly from the people who typed in !guard?

thats why i said make it possible to check : NO. To see ct randomizer :p

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

I've experienced that even on the most active of nights, the CT queue is constantly moving, whether it be disconnects or switches, by choice or not. I think this is implying that if you're not the first one in queue, that you will never be a CT, and that's just not true.

Not being completely negative, being able to remove yourself from the queue would be neat. Like, !unguard, or something.

Well, you are right. The !guard isn't in any dire need of change. But there are cases where it doesn't change. I mean i remember first playing jailbreak I loved becoming Ct, because usually I would never be able to do so.

That was because of the long ass wait it took for me to get in. When I first downloaded the maps, I would almost always be like position 22. Then pos 1. *RTV FREEDAY* FFFUUUUUUUU----

The current !guard isn't horrible. But i think by entering into the randomizer by entering !guard would be even better. Especially for the newer players and it would most certainly help circulate the ct flow. So we can have new wardens, and different things to do each round, instead of the normal average warden hogger. (which i may admit sometimes i do so myself :) )

58% of my time is on CT.

D:

Well yeah Unit. Isn't that the purpose of this thread? To say how bad you are at ct? XD

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

I find the way it is now, is perfect, the mods/admins usually do their jobs, and ct's that don't know the rules usually get switched fast.

Not completely sure if I am following..? Ct's that don't know the rules get switched fast. It still doesn't change the fact that it doesn't give newcomers a chance to ct at all. Although I suppose someone could argue that's for the better.. meh, I'm still going with my original statement. I really think the lottery would add so much more diversity and fun to jailbreak. It's boring having the same ct's :/

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

[/color]

Not completely sure if I am following..? Ct's that don't know the rules get switched fast. It still doesn't change the fact that it doesn't give newcomers a chance to ct at all. Although I suppose someone could argue that's for the better.. meh, I'm still going with my original statement. I really think the lottery would add so much more diversity and fun to jailbreak. It's boring having the same ct's :/

I mean if they mess up, they get team switched fast

The current !guard isn't horrible. But i think by entering into the randomizer by entering !guard would be even better. Especially for the newer players and it would most certainly help circulate the ct flow. So we can have new wardens, and different things to do each round, instead of the normal average warden hogger. (which i may admit sometimes i do so myself :) )

That's a valid point, OHMAIGAWD. I think that adding a randomizer would increase the flow of fresh CTs, but think of this.

Not everyone is a CT prodigy.

If this randomizer were added, I think you'd see more CTs, and more Wardens, but I also predict many teribad guards and a wheelbarrel of butthurt from people that either are suffering from the bad, or were passed up for in the pot. Say numbers 1 through 20 are bad, but 21 is awesome. If 21 joined first, he'd get picked first. If it was random, 21 could be picked last, if they had bad luck. I don't know, I'm not a fan of the plan.

Another thing, is that randomizer might ruin the Mic/No mic ratio, causing a rise in the mic check day. And, by some ungodly bad luck, what if not a single CT had a mic. Not one. What then?

What if every, say, 5 rounds, the CT team was either semi-cleared, or even completly wiped, and the next 15 or so in queue became CT. That's more or less what you'd get with CT Lotto.

Oh god my thumbs. Fuck this gay phone keyboard.