Sign in to follow this  
ShakeNBake

Question about Surprise Trivia

I was told by Trif that when you play surprise trivia you MUST type out the prize in CT chat. Now, some CTs are derps and forget when the warden says "Warden kills only"

One thing I did today was try saying warden kills only, but NOT typing the answer. That way only I know the prize. Now, this could go either way, but at least when the CTs dont know the prize they may be more reluctant to kill a terrorist, as it could easily be a freekill.

I guess the counter argument for this would be that if a CT is going to not pay attention and kill someone it may not matter if I tell them the prize or not, though I find that not saying makes them more hesitant.

Your thoughts?

It is necessary. If your friend answers the question you may change your price from "pick two to die and die yourself" to "pick three to die." I expect that xG members are more honourable than to change their prize, but I do not trust others. We must hold ourself to the same standard - lead by example.

If you don't say warden kills only, then don't cry about it. If you do, report it to a moderator or admin and it will be taken care of.

Pretty much what Tarin said on why you need to type out the answers cause the warden can change their prize in mind and have their friend live as favoritsm which is frown upon. Also the warden kills only is somewhat silly to me, as long they kill the right person I'm fine with it

Makes sense. I wasn't thinking that someone would do that. And generally i'll say warden kills only if I suspect one of the CTs may kill the wrong person and I want to prevent that. Then I have more confidence in my fellow CTs i'll just let them do it if they have a better shot.

The reason why you should tell your fellow cts, is so that they cannot call favoratism on you. Say if the the prize was death and your best friend got it, if you didnt tell the other cts you could change it to whatever you want it to be. It needs to stay with the rule that you must type it into ct chat to avoid favoritism. On top of that if you stated warden kills only, i think they can be slayed if they kill them. Don't know if that rule has changed, i need to read up on the MOTD more....