Sign in to follow this  
McNeo

CS:S Tools Program

I've been strongly considering making a Windows Program to automate a number of back-end Counter-Strike: Source stuff. I'm curious if this is something you guys would find useful enough for me to devote some time to.

Currently I'm envisioning the following elements:

• Generate an autoexec.cfg to manage custom binds and settings
  • Edit autoexec.cfg and config.cfg
  • Options to set different rates to increase performance based on your machine and internet connection

It would aslo have xG-specific tools, including:

• Auto-update and replace of missing texture files
  • Pre-caching new maps to minimize download wait time

Would you guys be interested? Comments? Suggestions?

System-requirements for this program would be dirt, but it would require .NET Framework 4.0 since it would be a .NET program. A lot of programs require .NET, so it's likely you already have it anyway. .NET is already on all Windows 7 machines, and is included in optional Windows Updates in Windows XP and Vista systems.

The program is branded as xG and I've made great strides in the progress. I plan on doing some final debugging and tweaking tonight and hopefully preparing for a public BETA release soon.

I will do a live stream again tonight starting around 7:00 PM Central and I will be in teamspeak so you guys can take a look and offer suggestions.

IF ANYONE HAS ANY SUGGESTIONS please speak now or forever hold your peace.

This went from a CS:S Tools app to being an xG CS:S Tools app and I'm more than willing to make it an xG Tools app - meaning if there's any additional xG-specific functions or tools for other games I can definitely add them!

Look for a public BETA release sometime this weekend!

STREAMING LIVE: join.me – Free Screen Sharing and Online Meetings Screen sharing only, no audio/teamspeak.

Adding a few final things and doing final debugging. I should have a BETA out to my testers tonight followed by a public BETA release this weekend!

Feel free to drop in any time. PM me in Steam with comments or suggestions. It's gonna be a busy night so give me a minute to answer.