Xemnas

Charrax

The above scenario would then be handled as racism. Why should disrespect be different?

It all depends on the context and scenario. I'm only pointing out that something may seem disrespectful to someone, but it may not be disrespectful to another person in any way. Same thing with racism. Let's say a guy with an african-american background calls his friend (same background) a n*gger. Neither take offense because they know it's a joke and treat it as such, but anyone else would find it offensive.

I'm not going on about whether or not it's disrespect. I'm going on whether or not the players/people MENTIONED treat it as disrespect. Which is why i'm saying you shouldn't just provide proof on "disrespect" if it's directed at someone else. How do you know if the person is taking it seriously and is offended, or if they are just laughing and understand it's a joke. Even here with the "proof provided" in this protest, he may be saying it in a chat while the others aren't there, but again, you cannot just Assume they will take it that way.

I could even drag ShadowSpy in here because an incident happened like what i'm explaining. A player saw another player "harass" and call ShadowSpy names, but BOTH Shadow and the other player were joking around in the background. Therefore, it wasn't disrespect because ShadowSpy wasn't offended nor did he feel harassed.

Show some proof if he's disrespecting you. Not proof that he's disrespecting others. Don't really care if I'm not a gmod player, but this right here is muckin' things up.

I'm not going on about whether or not it's disrespect. I'm going on whether or not the players/people MENTIONED treat it as disrespect. Which is why i'm saying you shouldn't just provide proof on "disrespect" if it's directed at someone else. How do you know if the person is taking it seriously and is offended, or if they are just laughing and understand it's a joke. Even here with the "proof provided" in this protest, he may be saying it in a chat while the others aren't there, but again, you cannot just Assume they will take it that way.

If they aren't taking it as disrespect, in this context, then how come they +1'd this thread, and left xG as well because of how they feel they were being wrongly treated? (Note: Xenmas was upset with Charrax's way of treating him [in general] as well, and has posted a leaving thread.)

i really didnt read anything here too much

i saw that charrax is going to reset the servers to unban every1, fuck yes

do that in csgo, : 3

maybe get the servers full rolo

:cigar:

If they aren't taking it as disrespect, in this context, then how come they 'd this thread, and left xG as well because of how they feel they were being wrongly treated? (Note: Xenmas was upset with Charrax's way of treating him [in general] as well, and has posted a leaving thread.)

Chrono has the exact idea why Xenmas left.

I didn't want to come back to the forums, but regardless the reason you guys aren't looking at the bigger picture. Yes, Charrax disrespected several members of the div. But its the general ATTITUDE and PERSONALITY of him that plagues his overall character as div leader. NO ONE disagrees with that fact too. That's why his first member protest was up anyways, and yet again the same problem lingers around him.

To be honest, it seems that most of the active members of gmod are scared to speak against Charrax but does that mean hes right? absolutely not. I mean, I would be scared of changes too but don't look at your foot; look at whats up ahead of you and what will happen in the long run. If Charrax, doesn't get demoted atleast he gets the message. It's been the second time theres a member protest on him and that to be is an accomplishment of this entire thread. We did you a favour, and I hope Charrax gets the message and change his overall attitude and personality towards everyone. I'm not part of the xg anymore so regardless of what happens, I hope for the best.

To be honest, it seems that most of the active members of gmod are scared to speak against Charrax but does that mean hes right?

nah, we make fun of him in ts all the time

Well at this point I feel like I'm just pouring water on the already extinguished fire, I'd like to get my two cents in.

Xemnas: First off. I'm disappointed. I liked you. I always did. I can honestly say I would have never expected this. While others seem to enjoy putting out their metaphorical cigarettes in your metaphorical wounds I would like you to know I am sad to see you leave, especially on a note like this. However, there are criticisms due here that I feel you deserve to hear. Seeing as though the idea of punishment being applied where it is due is a fresh topic among everyone, I'd like to make this a good example.

You blatantly lied about all of our opinions. You say people like Derp, DrPepper, Vegalyp, are all looking at leaving. People who, in relation to the xG community, are all incredibly interested in remaining in it. You state there is a consensus among the Garrys Mod Division about Charrax being impeached of his position of Div Leader but instead of that you go for xG regicide against him. Attempting to get him thrown out of the community altogether. What does that aim to accomplish? You cripple the community you're trying to protect by removing the one person who knows what he's doing and is working hard to make everything run as smoothly as possible. Xemnas had you even asked Charrax to reserve his comments, to act kindly towards you? Or have you just decided this is it and that Charrax deserves this punishment for your own inaction to deal with it? Hell, had you have come to me at any point with concerns over Charrax's actions and his behaviors I would probably have been the most sympathetic and helpful to you. You can ask Charrax, me and him have had issues in the past, and they were resolved by communication, not abrupt and ignorant calls of punishment.

You mention people such as Bane, Sousei, and Gavin. These people are the people I related to as "xG trash" (well not actually mentioned, but those were the people I was talking about + more) back in Tariks unban request. You go to these people as your evidence? As your source of support? Did you think that through? I can honestly laugh at this one. You picked the people who are destructive to the server, if they left it would be constructive. I've said this what? Three times now, that certain people aren't conducive to the server. Congratulations on picking the least likely people to support you with actual reasons on why Charrax should be removed.

In conclusion, you have just shown that you overreacted and couldn't deal with whatever Charrax was saying to you or how he has been treating you. You call for some ludicrous actions and attribute your feelings on to all of us and expected it would go in your favor. Now you've been told you're wrong and your done with game you've been playing? Now you've successfully created more drama in the community where everyone thinks we're being too serious for a game anymore when really we're just doing what we should of been doing all along. You said it yourself.

I am fairly new to xG though but I'v heard and seen that xG is a very nice community. I had no intention on making this today until Charrax said this...

It should have been left at that, you should have never made this. I feel like you knew that then, and you definitely know that now. You created something volatile and it blew up in your face.

Sousei: You and I have never been on the best of terms. Mostly because I never liked you. You never seemed like somebody I could enjoy playing TTT with. This was probably shaped by the fact I didn't enjoy playing TTT with you. Funny how experience shapes attitudes towards people isn't it? I don't think you, or anyone complaining about Charrax, get why he is hostile to certain people or dickish to others. He isn't someone irrational, he isn't inherently obnoxious to everyone. Just to people he sees as deserving of his treatment.

You think we all "cockride" Charrax? Good joke. I've told Charrax off more than once, all of us have our own quarrels. The difference is we all understand the concept of dealing with our issues with other people. (Wow this must sound redundant, seeing as though this was the same issue said above). You say Charrax picks who he likes to be his staff. Not based on who is more capable. Has the thought ever occured to you (and I severly doubt it) that the people who Charrax has as his staff, are the ones who are best fit for the job and are the ones he likes. You assume we all agree with Charrax, you assume what goes on in the channels of Teamspeak where the staff of Gmod resides is all peaceful and "dickride"-ing. You assume this and you are wrong. Simply wrong.

Charrax's attitude: Everyone seems to think he is this irate asshole who simply hates on everything. That his attitude is driving this division into oblivion. I can safely say that I have the most experience with Charrax here, as I have known him for many years, and everyone is missing why Charrax is why he is. Its necessary. Charrax's attitude allows him to pick out who he finds to be helpful and who he finds to be the most beneficial to the server and then he can disregard everyone else. Of course he has biases and of course he has "favorites" but his behavior isn't entirely based on those things. A lot of people who frequent anything only like to associate with people within their own groups. Charrax doesn't automatically disregard new people. We have new staff coming in, new people Charrax likes and finds they can work well with the server. He just prefers to show his displeasure of others to them. Charrax is not someone to just talk about someone behind their back. He will talk about them wherever and whenever, including in their presence. This automatically offends people more. Charrax will call you a faggot, if you are a faggot. Chances are. You're probably a faggot. Charrax's attitude, as some of you have said, is actually beneficial. Its what stops the Gmod division from being a huge clique. It allows for change, but only the right change.

Banning: In reality, its a gray area. I personally believe its apparent when people are idiots/hunting for a perma ban and then there are bans that are overkill/misunderstanding. However, in the time it takes to understand what someones actions were and being able to react to their action there is not enough time to fully go through and deal with the true process of banning someone. Most of the time, people who are banned, are people who are just the kids who come onto the server and start breaking rules just to break rules. Now, we're starting to see cases where people who are part of the community are facing bans that should be in place but because they are part of the community there is a hesitance to just perma ban them like we've done the rest. Charrax tends to deal with things like this in the most efficient way possible, just get rid of it. There is no connection between an empty server and players being permabanned. The problem there is all about nobody wants to play an empty server. So yes that is why we the staff need to be there to get the server rolling. It usually only takes one or two people to enter a server and even if they are idle people join and start playing. I've done and continue to allow Gmod to run while I am busy doing other things and I've come back 9 to 15 people all playing in a server. Phobic mentioned a member retention issue, that doesn't come from banning either. Members get interested in joining because of a working server. When people such as Sousei or Tarik or any other people bring it upon themselves to do whatever they want with the server while an admin isn't present you're not going to retain those players because you've created an environment that isn't TTT and it isn't what we advertise. The leniency that we've had to everyone is the problem. If we want to get more players going in our server we need to cut the slack and start running it like a true server, not a playground for our own members.

Oh and because I forgot. -1.

I'm just posting so I can praise Scooter's pro response.

Because, I probably can't come up with a long response to have a good reason for -1 ing other than I ride Charrax's dick.

I've known him for about as long or longer than Scooter so I know how he does things. Not sure how I've dealt with him all these years but I guess cause he's such a CUTIE. But, it's just how he does things. The server's are great, we just don't get a good flow of people. I can't even join anymore cause for some reason either my ISP fucks gmod servers or I am some how Gmod wide banned. >:C

SO. -1 Cause I love to ride cocks. Sousei. <3

My final word:

To be honest, it seems that most of the active members of gmod are scared to speak against Charrax but does that mean hes right?

My super admins (Which are my "advisers") are never afraid to speak against me, and influence many changes. My admins and mods usually are admins and mods because they support the opinions of Me, Aeon, and my Super Admins. If you think that me having admins that like my style of admining is bad then you are one of the stupidest people I have ever met. That is like hiring engineers to work finance.

If Charrax, doesn't get demoted atleast he gets the message.

What message? That every problem listed in this thread about my servers was about to be fixed anyway? That I wouldn't mind if people who can't show me and my servers the slightest respect leave? You seriously wonder why I should respect people who can't respect me.

It's been the second time theres a member protest on him and that to be is an accomplishment of this entire thread.

The first one was proved on my side for one argument, and the reason it happened was because I said what everyone was thinking. I took a hit for xG and it worked in the long run. Everybody (except the higher ups) loved me for speaking out and saying what was on everyone's mind. Look at all the -1s! Why do you think I got Div back? This member protest is not changing me the slightest bit and I am actually quite entertained.

I would like to mention some things about the ads. Keep in mind I have told all of my staff and most players this at least once:

1) I never said I [alone] was getting the money. A bunch (About half (About meaning more on his side, probably 60% his way)) of it would go to Aeon.

2) I got Silence's permission.

3) Aeon and I discussed this before beginning the ads.

TL;DR - This thread is useless and all your posts are blind ignorance.

Well at this point I feel like I'm just pouring water on the already extinguished fire, I'd like to get my two cents in.

"Xemnas: First off. I'm disappointed. I liked you. I always did." I was told you didn't like me.

Xemnas this post is about charrax please keep it about him

This member protest has 0% change of passing. It is useless. So yeah.

charrax told me scooter didn't like me, same with you.

We had a long discussion that day. I said people were beginning to not like you and I even specified after that, that everyone currently still does. Did you miss that part? You were too busy over exaggerating the tiniest thing of "People are beginning to not like you and you can fix it." to "Everyone hates me."

Also it was collective. Meaning some did some didnt but as a group "Average" some were just only beginning to get annoyed by you. You over exaggerate.