Goblins

Pokemon Go Megathread

here's a rant a found on reddit that states my opinions on the game pretty well recently

Yeah, frankly, after about a week of playing and being level 22... I'm starting to lose interest already. The game is very shallow and there really isn't much to it. The biggest problem is the combat system. Anything would have been better than what we have now, I don't understand why they didn't just keep a turn based combat, it couldn't have been any worse than the "spam tap" combat we have right now.

The balancing of city vs. nature is horrendous, there is no reason to ever go out into nature because there's practically no pokemon and stops there. The game should reward you for getting out there, it's Pokemon GO, right? But it feels more like Pokemon SIT at many times because of how efficient it is to go downtown and sit on top of 3 permalured pokestops which handily also give you all the balls you need to keep going.

The servers are awful and they haven't fixed the 3 footprint problem in like four days now. Balance is also completely wack, water as a type is broken OP as shown by most of the top tier pokemon being water type, especially the ones carrying water gun. Meanwhile some types such as fighting are almost unusably bad.

All in all I'm just wondering "Why am I still doing this?" and the only answer I can come up with is to get stronger pokemon so I can better fight gyms.... but the combat system is just that bad and I find it hard to even care about the gyms considering how easy it is to take them back, attackers are favored very, very heavily, there isn't even a cooldown on attacking a gym.

I don't know, I appreciate what this game did in terms of bringing people together, getting them out there (even if it's just into town and not into nature) and having everyone socialize a bit while getting fresh air.

But in the end it's a very shallow experience with bad gameplay at its core and I don't see the addition of 1v1 duels with friends or trading helping this really. I'm now looking forward to Sun and Moon again, if nothing else the game sure made me lust for another full Pokemon game again after skipping ORAS.

the worst thing happened at summer school yesterday

a fucking snorlax popped up in our room and everyone wanted to get it, most people got a level 1000+ (including my brother who's level 12) but i got a level 223 snorlax and i was almost level 19 for fucks sake

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

8EDB74E3-1F67-48AC-9FD8-F86B9E39C0D6.thumb.PNG.77774640df416611a97efa756389a36b.PNG

Slowly getting there. Have enough to compete with some of the people near me. #TeamMysticTakeover . Still cant get past this Snorlax nearby but im just going to the other gym instead.

So mad though, ive only used two lures so far and the first one i got nothing but Magikarps and a Slowpoke. Second one I used all i got was one Eevee, a shi.t ton of Pidgeys and Ratatas, Pikachu, and a Charmander. Finally got all the starters. I had a lucky egg going so i didnt mind getting all the pidgeys and stuff, just farmed xp from evolving them, went up two levels. This is all i have to do other than work and watch anime since my PC broke.

I dont know if this is intentional or just really bad luck, but i swear every pidgey, ratata and other useless garb runs away now since i got to level 13, even low cp ones.

EDIT: Ive also got my first 10km egg going so something good(hopefully) soon^tm

10DFFFB6-0EFD-4438-99BE-8870FAC25FFF.thumb.PNG.88563718f66a57d4f4c00a70896c49fb.PNG

C8B57D2C-4857-4967-9E0E-709E657D596E.thumb.PNG.688112a89ce0cd6d3b4a0dccac97d07c.PNG

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

rip pokemon go, ingress players were right about niantic

they had a bunch of glitches that they never fixed on launch, then in the 1st week all the steps were broken.... so they decided to remove steps entirely.

they also removed xp coming from pokeball throws and egg distances are fucked up.

they shut poke vision down which was made just to help players, so hunting for pokemon is now just walking around blind, hoping you find something.

tweet from a poke vision dev:

ai.imgur.com_mCIm66E.thumb.jpg.83e39759b378f00c07c5331f84b295fc.jpg

but with the new update, my battery life has been amazing!

it turns out the game uses much less battery when you aren't playing

Edited by ArminArmout (see edit history)