Sign in to follow this  
Duplolas

Console Vs. PC [The BIGGEST ONE]

Now, lets all be mature here and actually account for what each one is good for and bad for. Dont just simply say "OH MAN PC IS SO MUCH BETTER, LOLZ XBOX IS FOR KIDDIES". Come up with a legitimate reason for both. Use this as an example:

PC gaming isnt as popular currently because of how cheap consoles are now currently. Consoles cost less in their later years, between them coming out, and the company coming out with a new console. For instance, there is a deal going on now where you can buy a 4 GB xbox 360 for $99. Now this is an amazing deal, but there is a catch. You must buy a 2 year subscription to xbox live gold with it. This is because the next new microsoft console will be coming out within that time period, trapping users in when, if they wanted to, they could upgrade to the next console. This will expand the life of that specific console for a year or more. There are other advantages to consoles. They require less work. They dont need software updates and cant get viruses that will set their console on fire lol. But this can be seen as a negative as well. With the simpleness that comes along with it, the player gives up major upgrades in speed, texture quality, etc. But then again the PC has game restrictions, if you dont have a good enough video card, you may not be able to play games like skyrim on your PC, unlike the xbox 360 that can play any game on the PC except for those that are only for PC of course.

With these facts I have listed above, I in my personal opinion I think PC is better, but the logical choice seems to be that consoles are slightly better.

pc for obvious reasons, its how the consoles are made in the first place, too lazy and tired to give the reasons why but it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure it out (well maybe)

Well I find pc gaming more fun overall, but a lot of my real life friends play on console: which is basically the only reason i still play console. That and the occasionally halo. Don't hate, i grew up with that game :p

Ye what gawd said irl friends on console. But overall pc i like better first because of all the modding which makes games fun way after they would be boring on console. Also you can just download games instead of going out and buying them.

PC:

Mods

Flexibility

So many more older games

MMOs

Better play styles for shooters

Steam

Not XBox Live

Consoles:

Your retarded friends that like to play games but can't dish out enough for a gaming computer

I believe you know where I stand.

PC:

Mods

Flexibility

So many more older games

MMOs

Better play styles for shooters

Steam

Not XBox Live

Consoles:

Your retarded friends that like to play games but can't dish out enough for a gaming computer

I believe you know where I stand.

This.

I guess my key things are mods and power. You can ResHack anything on the PC to make the game whatever you want it to be (custom models, new levels, new cites, etc). You can tweak all the settings to boost performance and/or make it look better. And if it's not enough you can upgrade and change hardware. With console you're pretty much stuck with what comes out of the box and what comes on the disc.

If you remember correctly I never said that I liked consoles more, I hate my console, its broken on me twice, but it is just logically the best thing. I love PC way more than consoles. Consoles are just for the more casual gamer, PCs are for those who step their gaming up a notch.

Imo, PS3 is better, xbox is bad because u have to pay for it, PC ruins it, u get to use mods and shit that ruin the point of the game, where on ps3 and xbox u get to play the REAL game, and its much better imo, but PC is better for certain games, CS:S etc wouldnt be good on ps3

XBox? Casual?

Please, people who played PC couldn't even enter in the MW3 half a million dollar tourney. Consoles are more biased for "leet MLG pro gaming" by industries because people dish out hundreds to the same people for stuff that a hardcore player would buy instead of dividing up their cash to other places, like if you were buying a video card, CPU, etc. All that money goes other places to support good companies and eventually upgrade to their better products. Microsoft/Sony sell lots of equipment for their systems, and it's made and designed by them, since they both are HUGE electronic/software companies.

Hardcore players exist everywhere. I always hear about the console ones though, which is retarded.