xGShadowSpy

Remove Simple MOTD

Remove simple MOTD?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Remove simple MOTD?

• Yes
    • No
    • Idk

Well when they first join, the Simple MOTD pops up, but honestly it doesn't help at all, it gives them the basic rules, then they go CT and get slayed for the specified stuff, and say "well WTF thats not in the MOTD"

Granted they can just click on the link provided, but we all know out of those who do read the motd that are new they aren't going to spend their time doing that, since they have a simple one right infront of them.

How to solve?- Don't give them a simple version.

Im requesting the simple one be removed, and the normal more-specified one returned to normal.

I agree, since I left a lot of new rules have come up and I would like to read the motd while im dead instead of wasting my own time. Since we had the simple version a lot of people still don't know the rules because its not provided in it. I agree completely with Shadow

I got an idea.. we have a gold mine on our hands.

Post the long version of the motd when they join the game with a link at the top:

WANT THE ABRIDGED, CONDENSED VERSION OF THIS MOTD?

Click this link to purchase this new and shortened format for those who don't like to read.

One easy payment of $9.99 +tax,stripper fees, license and registration, and a full service buffet for staff members

REMEMBER: BY PURCHASING THIS COPY YOU AGREE THAT YOU UNDERSTAND THE FULL MOTD. ALL PROCEEDS WILL GO TO IMPROVING THE SERVERS FOR YOUR ENJOYMENT. THANKS

-Silence

Just copy and paste that silence right before the full motd. (Taxes, stripper fees, license and registration, buffet fees will equal about $92.019 in additional payment).

I got an idea.. we have a gold mine on our hands.

Post the long version of the motd when they join the game with a link at the top:

WANT THE ABRIDGED, CONDENSED VERSION OF THIS MOTD?

Click this link to purchase this new and shortened format for those who don't like to read.

One easy payment of $9.99 +tax,stripper fees, license and registration, and a full service buffet for staff members

REMEMBER: BY PURCHASING THIS COPY YOU AGREE THAT YOU UNDERSTAND THE FULL MOTD. ALL PROCEEDS WILL GO TO IMPROVING THE SERVERS FOR YOUR ENJOYMENT. THANKS

-Silence

Just copy and paste that silence right before the full motd. (Taxes, stripper fees, license and registration, buffet fees will equal about $92.019 in additional payment).

Why do I have a feeling silence would do this?

Well when they first join, the Simple MOTD pops up, but honestly it doesn't help at all, it gives them the basic rules, then they go CT and get slayed for the specified stuff, and say "well WTF thats not in the MOTD"

Granted they can just click on the link provided, but we all know out of those who do read the motd that are new they aren't going to spend their time doing that, since they have a simple one right infront of them.

Im requesting the simple one be removed, and the normal more-specified one returned to normal.

So, let me get this straight. After having several complaints about how the MoTD was too long from our CS:S Division (both from Staff as well as Members and Players) we decided it would be best to make a shortened version a while back. Now you want us to get rid of the thing because it's too short (that resulted from non-stop complaints from you guys), just because there are a handful of incompetent CTs?

I'd much rather we have players who actually take the time to click on the link then have players who just skim through the basic MoTD. The people who want a shorter MoTD are naturally just people who aren't frequenters, so why should it matter. They'll only be on for that moment of time (and most likely get CT banned) then never return.

If anyone is using "it's not in the MoTD Rules" as an excuse, then that's their own damn fault. Hell, I made the link 3x the size of the other text just so it's blatantly obvious in the MoTD Rules.

Honestly, if this gets pushed through I'll have lost all faith in the decisiveness of the CS:S Division

So, let me get this straight. After having several complaints about how the MoTD was too long from our CS:S Division (both from Staff as well as Members and Players) we decided it would be best to make a shortened version a while back. Now you want us to get rid of the thing because it's too short (that resulted from non-stop complaints from you guys), just because there are a handful of incompetent CTs?

I'd much rather we have players who actually take the time to click on the link then have players who just skim through the basic MoTD. The people who want a shorter MoTD are naturally just people who aren't frequenters, so why should it matter. They'll only be on for that moment of time (and most likely get CT banned) then never return.

If anyone is using "it's not in the MoTD Rules" as an excuse, then that's their own damn fault. Hell, I made the link 3x the size of the other text just so it's blatantly obvious in the MoTD Rules.

Honestly, if this gets pushed through I'll have lost all faith in the decisiveness of the CS:S Division

I disagreed with that thread,and you say theyll likely get ct banned and never come back. My point isif they read the full motd in the first place they have less of a chance of being CT banned, and may come back. The css staff who asked for the change to be made , are lazy and don't want to read the full one. Which isn't a good reason to change it because it's encouraging their laziness.

I disagreed with that thread,and you say theyll likely get ct banned and never come back. My point isif they read the full motd in the first place they have less of a chance of being CT banned, and may come back. The css staff who asked for the change to be made , are lazy and don't want to read the full one. Which isn't a good reason to change it because it's encouraging their laziness.

The reason it was made was so that it would appeal to everyone. The original plan was to delete the full MoTD, but then we thought "Wait, why don't we just link it in the Basic MoTD for those who want all the details?".

Now we have both versions. One to appeal to those who just want the gist of what's happening and how to play, and one for those who want to know every detail about the game. I see no reason to remove either of them since it appeals to both audiences.

I sort of agree and disagree, but I did vote yes. I think the shortened MOTD is a BRILLIANT idea. HOWEVER, there should be something added in like "Please do not warden, or kill T's if you think you do not understand the FULL MOTD." And by killing I mean on specific days, or FRLR or what have you. I think adding that little bit in MIGHT help out. @@Forest

Edit: To further clarify. I think it may have been stated. New players read the basic MOTD and probably just skim, missing the link for the detailed MOTD. Then when they freekill/tarp/mess up somehow, we then get blamed because "ermagherd it wasn't in the MOTD."

I refuse to dumb down the MoTD any further than it already has been (unless CS:S DMs/DL all want it done).

We aren't babysitting bad players who don't know how to CT. If they don't have the time to look into the detailed rules or at least read the entire Basic MoTD, then we don't have the time to deal with their shit. The moment that MoTD pops up on the screen, we are no longer liable for their actions. I'll resize the link to the full MoTD even larger, but honestly, I don't see how anyone could miss the giant text that also happens to be blue.

Matsi it's not really our job to teach them the MOTD. We enforce rules, and warn people. Telling them what they did wrong was all we need to do.

I got a better idea... leave the MOTDs how they are... and do you job as an admin and teach/warn people when they do things wrong instead of being slay/ban happy :)

What john said, its not our job to teach the rules, its our job to slay/ban/gag etc. when they do stuff wrong

This thread was made so that people dont leave our servers and never come back after getting banned/slayed etc. (Most randoms who get banned don't come back.)

Not reading the thread as there is no need to, if I state something already stated too bad.

There is no point of a simple motd if there is rules for absolutely everything in the normal motd. Yes they get the gist but that won't really assist them on CT, and we all know new players run to CT.