Squid

Remove Cyberpunk_2_2 Poll Leave Or Stay Edition Only For Gameboy Color

Should Cyberpunk_2_2 leave or stay?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Should Cyberpunk_2_2 leave or stay?

• Remove
    • Keep

"so this is a small map with tiny spawns what can be easily spawn camped but thats not why im making this thread the reason is people camp in the disco area and Spam buttons this soon becomes extremly annoying and people start leaving (i dont blame them) but the reason people vote for this map is to camp the disco and go around killing people but other then that this map serves no purpose and if the buttons were disabled i bet people will just leave and not play till map change."

Remove Cyberpunk_2_2

Since ive got alot of feedback just from one day i decided to make voting thread.

-1 I'm afraid. It was removed once before and then re-added because it was wanted, and while it isn't fully video games it still contains bits and pieces or references unlike Edventures. Also unlike Edventures it does have a pretty large amount of people who still like the map, while Edventures only had a handful of people who liked it or wanted it back (like 3 or 4 people vocal about it anyways and it's hardly brought up anymore.) Personally I'm not bothered by it either, I usually keep the music slider down anyways and try to advocate others to do the same if the music spam bugs them, but I'm usually met with resistance on that front for one reason or another just like when I tell people to mute someone else if they don't like them or such. I think the only map I might be bugged by at all is Delfino but that's just my own dislike of maps that are way too flat and open and even then I'm fine with that map being around. Sorry.

Just copy pasting myself from the other thread really since this is the more official one.

-1 CYBERPUNK WILL LIVE ON

BEST MAP IN THE GAME

Nah but seriously it would be so much better of a map if there was less music and it was arranged like the pokemon music areas with the names of music next to them and it being impossible to change the song mid-way through another one.

i know this is completely unrelated but should i make a poll for Trade_echidna? since people only go there for the spongebob part of the map

The map still contains a large portion of video game, even if the Spongebob area is the centerpiece. Plus, that map is well liked by a fair amount of people too.

I personally have no problems with the map. Your complaints are that people spawn camp, which is allowed on the TGH server, and music spam. The music spam can be easily solved by simply going into your options menu, going to the audio options and turning the "music" slider all the way down. There is literally nothing wrong with the map. Many people still love Cyberpunk, it's not that bad of a map if you simply just turn off your music. The map was removed a while ago and put back due to popular demand, removing it again would only waste everyones time.

Just gonna quote myself from the other thread.

Gonna +1 to remove, gonna preface my essay with I'm drunk, lowkey high, and high key biased, gotta keep it 100.

Fuck Cyberpunk. It leads to nothing but bitching about the map. The music is spammable and half the songs are cancer. For anybody who has issues with sensory input, including myself on a lesser scale, it's a living hell. The spammable lights in the disco can be a bane to epileptics everywhere. "But can't you just avoid the disco?"

"OF COURSE NOT YOU PUNK BITCH!" These spawns are random, and don't care if it's enemy only areas you're spawning in, there's literally no escape besides leaving tbe server.

The bitterness I feel in my heart when I play this map convinces me I could kill another person. It would need to be a damn good reason but it couldn't be any harder on me than cyberpunk.

Also when I said half the music was cancer, I meant dead tf2 memes from 2011, not even (insert your god here) could save us.

Even the people that want the map to stay know in their heart that it sucks.

Sponsored by Evan Williams it's cheap and shitty and will get you drunk.

Inb4 unmonetized for alcohol reference

Not gonna lie, but I'm not liking the "Let's remove all of the TGH maps I dislike" tirade ever since edventures got the axe.

There's nothing wrong with cyberpunk. There's nothing wrong with echidna. They're both staples of our server. If you dislike either map, nominate something else when rotation happens or try playing on a different server while the map is active.

My two cents. Thread will stay open until tomorrow, but I doubt there's going to be an avalanche of support to remove cyberpunk. The early results already show something like 75% of people want to keep it.

Not gonna lie, but I'm not liking the "Let's remove all of the TGH maps I dislike" tirade ever since edventures got the axe.

Thread will stay open until tomorrow, but I doubt there's going to be an avalanche of support to remove cyberpunk. The early results already show something like 75% of people want to keep it.

The thread will stay open until the poll closes, or will stay open a little longer. And I actually dislike that you popped in long enough to slam your foot down over someone wanting to remove the map. While the map is generally loved by all, there are still good reasons for it to be potentially removed. (See Moosty's post along with Squid's post on the thread he made before hand, which he linked in this thread).

I'd want our players to be able to confidently post a request to remove a map. Not because they don't like the map, but because the map actually has issues with it. Edventures for example: was not game history related, had annoying music that people often spammed, and was only in rotation for so long because it literally was a meme that people "enjoyed". The map was removed because a player spoke up. We discussed it thoroughly and came to a decision. Squid bringing up the Echinda Shrine removal suggestion is silly. But he still voiced his opinion over something.

Don't scare people away from posting their thoughts over something. If we don't know, we won't grow.

I mean not to cause any beef with this post, @Scootaloo.

Edited by Goblins (see edit history)

The thread will stay open until the poll closes, or will stay open a little longer.

Well, I mean....not for two weeks it won't. I'm fine with keeping it open for the duration of the poll, but not if the duration is THAT long. I'll allow it to stay open if it's shortened to no longer than a week. It's honestly not necessary, and honestly isn't any of the players' concern how we manage the server. (Don't freak at this comment, just read on below for more.)

And I actually dislike that you popped in long enough to slam your foot down over someone wanting to remove the map. While the map is generally loved by all, there are still good reasons for it to be potentially removed.

1. I don't exactly know why you'd dislike me giving my input, considering CM opinions go a LONG way on server decisions. It isn't something to get bent out of shape about. C'mon.

2. While I will agree with you about people having good reasons for disliking the map, I will disagree with you about those reasons being good reasons to be removed. There have been many people already who have commented on ways to avoid the issues they have with CyberPunk. Music slider and avoiding the disco room, etc etc. I know Moosty has the point about people with extrasensory issues, but then again, and I mean no disrespect to Moosty or his gripes, but maybe people with extrasensory issues shouldn't be playing fast-paced video games if they are being set off by flashing lights.

3. This issue has been danced around already in the past. People bitched about Cyberpunk, it was removed, and even MORE people bitched that it was gone. This is history literally repeating itself.

I'd want our players to be able to confidently post a request to remove a map. Not because they don't like the map, but because the map actually has issues with it. Edventures for example: was not game history related, had annoying music that people often spammed, and was only in rotation for so long because it literally was a meme that people "enjoyed". The map was removed because a player spoke up. We discussed it thoroughly and came to a decision. Squid bringing up the Echinda Shrine removal suggestion is silly. But he still voiced his opinion over something.

Don't scare people away from posting their thoughts over something. If we don't know, we won't grow.

This is honestly my biggest issue with your post. It is worded to make it sound like I don't have the community's opinion in mind and that I'm just trying to strong-arm my way. That's not what's happening. The first, major thing I want to address is that for whatever reason, the TF2 division has taken to the community's OPINIONS when it comes to map removals. That has NEVER been how it worked in the past. I'm not going to sit here and tell you that you are not allowed to seek out the community's input, but I will tell you that I feel it is inappropriate to set the precedent that if people start polls and express dislike in a map in this forum, that the map could potentially be removed, especially when it isn't due to inherent flaws with the map, such as crashes or glitches, but instead due to preference. That's not a sound reason to remove a map.

That is a STAFF responsibility, not a community one. It never has been and never should be a community issue. If we start asking for our community to make the decisions about maps on our servers, eventually people will find reasons to nit-pick everything we host into oblivion until there's nothing left. When I was DL over the TF2 division, these actions would have NEVER been allowed. I have no idea how it's being allowed now, but it isn't sitting right with me.

If our members have issues with maps, it's okay to make threads to discuss reasons why they don't like a map, but they need to be addressing the division heads to express their concern, and these issues need to be discussed in the staff forums, not here in the public. I mean, this isn't even a forum for expressing dislike for a map just because you don't like it. It's a map request forum. How did it turn into this? I mean, most of the removal requests have logistical reasons to remove maps. This one...it has annoying music and flashing lights? There's nothing wrong with Cyberpunk. >.>

I know you mean no beef with me over this, and I hope you understand I mean no beef with you with my reply. I simply want to give you a bit of perspective on what I am seeing, as the Community Manager. It's my job to take community issues and sort them out, for the entirety of the clan. TGH, whether you know it or not, is probably one of our most populated servers, and I can't simply sit idle as people begin voicing their concerns on this forum with the expectation that a map gets nixed. Sorry, but that isn't how it works.

So, to meet you halfway, I won't shut down the thread, but I do request that the duration of the poll is lowered. The Edventures vote amassed something like 23 total votes. We're almost there. After the week is up, thread is to be closed and the results need to be taken into consideration, but the ultimate decision needs to be discussed in the staff forums.

And from here on out, I would also request that users refrain from posting these kind of threads in the Map Request forum in the future. If necessary, we can make a separate forum for addressing issues with existing maps, but ever since this was added, it seems to be filled with requests to remove maps. That's kind of the opposite of what we were going for. We can't satisfy everyone. XD

This is a forum for posting potential new maps, not for rioting to have maps removed. Let's follow the same protocol that has always been in place and start directing these ill feelings from our regulars to the division leaders, who can then discuss those issues in the staff forum.

Is that a fair enough request of me? (I wrote up a pretty heated reply, took 30 minutes, reread, and decided to write this one instead. Hopefully it didn't come off too dickish. =/)

Edited by Scootaloo (see edit history)