Team Fortress 2

In-Game Name:

Unregistered Hypercam 2

Identity:

STEAM_0:1:62107427

Ban Type:

Server Ban

Information:

the game server saying i was banned for having a duplicate account even though i was on the server AFK for about 30 minutes because i was trading and i left the server and around a hour to 2 hours later i wasnt even on the server and for some reason i get banned even though i diddnt even do anything.

The reason this ban happened now is because @virr and I fixed the SourceSleuth plugin that's been on the TF2 servers for quite a while so that it wouldn't spam errors anymore (its a plugin that auto-bans people connecting from an IP that has already been banned by sourcebans). IDK if the TF2 higher ups want this plugin to actually auto-ban or just give a warning to staff, but it was already configured for that so that's what happened when it was fixed. let me or viktor know if you want it changed to warnings only, its real easy

So the plugin auto-bans people based on ip, and i'm assuming it's perm bans specifically? That's pretty neat to say the least, great way to deal with alt accounts.

Oh yeah, and all things considered -1. Unless @MemeMachine wants to protest the other ban or has something to say there really isn't anything else here.