Sign in to follow this  
Zapper5555

Mods Not Doing Job

Not...really? It's fairly well known that there's a percentage of mods that don't pull their weight in regards to slaying freekillers. I think it isn't mentioned very often due to people in the past trying to bring it to the attention of the community, only to get a summed up response of "We don't pay attention, deal with it"

There's about like 100 probably more mods and yet we only have like 3-4 on during the day when there is like 50 people on, and late at night about 1-2. It gets stupid when someone has to go on the forums or go out of their own way and waste their OWN time to get a mod to help stuff out. Shit needs to be fixed or enforced.

I've been a lot of threads lately about mods and such. Frick I need to get my laptop to play CSS back ASAP, its in repair now, but there are a few mods who get mod and then just don't do anything after they get it and only slay people if they only get killed.

There's about like 100 probably more mods and yet we only have like 3-4 on during the day when there is like 50 people on, and late at night about 1-2. It gets stupid when someone has to go on the forums or go out of their own way and waste their OWN time to get a mod to help stuff out. Shit needs to be fixed or enforced.

Large portion of the mods are in school. Some also don't play CS:S, either at all or they don't anymore. That's the one thing about being a moderator that some people forget; you have to be active and actually moderate. And by active you have to play on our own servers

Large portion of the mods are in school. Some also don't play CS:S, either at all or they don't anymore. That's the one thing about being a moderator that some people forget; you have to be active and actually moderate. And by active you have to play on our own servers

Exactly. I doubt EVERY mod is in school at those times. Some just stop playing CS:S after they get mod and I don't see why..

You could just move this to Admin protest since it's more directed towards smokey rather than the entire Mod/Admin body of Xeno Gamers.

He's not really just targeting Smoker, he's just shedding light to all of the admins/mods that aren't doing anything and he's just using him as a prime example. Not saying he doesn't do anything, but just saying that he's using him as an example.

Wow, I just read this, I hope I am not one of those considered "not doing their job"

My only problem with this idea is like how stated previously, I get called to the server, it is said that "no mods are on, people are freekilling and massing" and w.e is said, it changes, so i change my name. join server. pop a quick sm_who. see 6-8 mod. roll my eyes and sit there for a bit. nothing happens. message back saying "what is the problem exactly?" no response. leave. messaged "WHY THE FUCK DID YOU LEAVE?!?! PEOPLE ARE FREEKILLING!" roll eyes.

Wow, I just read this, I hope I am not one of those considered "not doing their job"

My only problem with this idea is like how stated previously, I get called to the server, it is said that "no mods are on, people are freekilling and massing" and w.e is said, it changes, so i change my name. join server. pop a quick sm_who. see 6-8 mod. roll my eyes and sit there for a bit. nothing happens. message back saying "what is the problem exactly?" no response. leave. messaged "WHY THE FUCK DID YOU LEAVE?!?! PEOPLE ARE FREEKILLING!" roll eyes.

Jeez, just reading your post ticks me off. 8 mods in jailbreak and yet they call you to fix things (even though there is no fixing actually needed)...wow. :P

obviously exagerating here, but the point is, i get called in, sit there under dif name for about 5-10 minutes while there are other mods/admins on, and NOTHING HAPPENS.

Imagine how the people who play on the server in the late night/early morning feel like.

That's grade A prime time for mass free killings. Rules get broken like windows after being smashed by bricks.

Any mods around? No. Nobody that is usually on around that time is one. Let's get that fixed too.

Imagine how the people who play on the server in the late night/early morning feel like.

That's grade A prime time for mass free killings. Rules get broken like windows after being smashed by bricks.

Any mods around? No. Nobody that is usually on around that time is one. Let's get that fixed too.

Are you suggesting we make people stay up extremely late in the night and early in the morning to fix problems that people are too tired to even care about at these hours?

Are you suggesting we make people stay up extremely late in the night and early in the morning to fix problems that people are too tired to even care about at these hours?

That's a very small world you live in. There are other people in different time zones, you know. Just saying.

Besides, like I said before, nobody that is USUALLY on around that time is one. Like Orangejuice.

So if you didn't get my first suggestion, then I'll make it simple. Make somebody who is on around that time a mod.

By the way, people do care. That's why this thread was made. Of course, if you can't do your jobs during the day time...

What makes late night any different?

well tbh we cant just stay up all day

some ppl have their lives

but i do agree to have more mods...

some ppl even during the day cant play cause of school, family... etc...

there is more to life than css...

You could just move this to Admin protest since it's more directed towards smokey rather than the entire Mod/Admin body of Xeno Gamers.
How am I involved.. :( , I know im not as active as other because im in my Junior year of High school, but when summer and spring break comes around I'l be more active.. I try my best to see what happens but when its about 3-4 mods/admins in Jb with about 45+ people, it gets to your head trying to help and watch everything going on.