Wolfgangcrunch - Counter-strike: Source

Division:

Counter-Strike: Source

In-Game Name:

captain crunch

Steam ID:

nickk4567

Information:

While I agree that a ban was warranted for divulging the information of a player on the server I do not think that a permanent ban for a first offense was warranted. Ban me for weeks a month or two maybe, but a permanent ban? Seriously? I googled the name of a person that had knowingly added my friends and I on skype and copy and pasted one of the random sets of information that came up. There was hundreds of hits for that exact name and I had no idea that the information would be correct. I'm not asking to be unbanned, just that the perma ban be removed.

Division:

Counter-Strike: Source

In-Game Name:

captain crunch

Steam ID:

STEAM_0:0:41871244

Information:

While I agree that a ban was warranted for divulging the information of a player on the server I do not think that a permanent ban for a first offense was warranted. Ban me for weeks a month or two maybe, but a permanent ban? Seriously? I googled the name of a person that had knowingly added my friends and I on skype and copy and pasted one of the random sets of information that came up. There was hundreds of hits for that exact name and I had no idea that the information would be correct. I'm not asking to be unbanned, just that the perma ban be removed.

@DrLee @TripAL

I just don't believe I deserved a perma ban. I respect your decision but I do not agree with it. However you and the other admins have the final say. I broke the rules and 100% deserved a ban, a long one even.

You 100% do deserve the ban, what you did was messed up hands down. This is not the first time you did this either, its 90% of the time you get on you (and a few others) spam my personal info. I also did not knowingly add you or any of your friends on skype so do not lie in your defense post, it does not look very good and says a lot about your character. I asked you to stop in the past and you continued to spam my info, so what goes to say that you will not do the same exact thing again?

You should stay permd.

I just don't believe I deserved a perma ban. I respect your decision but I do not agree with it. However you and the other admins have the final say. I broke the rules and 100% deserved a ban, a long one even.

I understand that you might not agree with it, but you must also understand that giving out a players personal information is a serious issue that can warrant a permanent ban if proof is provided (which there was but not showing) or an admin see's it. Let's just see how this all turns out, im sure the higher up's will talk about this issue to figure out whether you should stay permed, or the ban should be shortened.

You 100% do deserve the ban, what you did was messed up hands down. This is not the first time you did this either, its 90% of the time you get on you (and a few others) spam my personal info. I also did not knowingly add you or any of your friends on skype so do not lie in your defense post, it does not look very good and says a lot about your character. I asked you to stop in the past and you continued to spam my info, so what goes to say that you will not do the same exact thing again?

You should stay permd.

While not part of the issue, you did knowingly add us on skype but that is irrelevant. As you can see i clearly do not think before I do things and as a result get into trouble more often than i should. You yourself said that the information was wrong so i deemed it harmless to share. Upon learning that the information was correct all I can really say is that I'm deeply sorry. Whatever I say in the game should never affect/endanger a persons personal life. Other than your name I truly believed that info was wrong and that is completely my fault. I understand how you feel and all I can do is offer my condolences. Upon being warned that i would be banned for spreading such information, regardless of validity, by a respected xg member (le yew) I ceased with the spamming. I did not intend to harm you in real life in any way. Sorry.

I understand that you might not agree with it, but you must also understand that giving out a players personal information is a serious issue that can warrant a permanent ban if proof is provided (which there was but not showing) or an admin see's it. Let's just see how this all turns out, im sure the higher up's will talk about this issue to figure out whether you should stay permed, or the ban should be shortened.

I'm not hopeful that it will get shortened but I really enjoy playing surf and just thought that anything would be worth a try.

Murderers often apologize when they are on death row but that does not change the fact that they killed someone.

while a severe example, sadly yes this is true. I never intended any harm and was joking but I clearly took it too far. There's nothing I can do to fix it now, just know that I am sorry

And if you were really sorry you would have stopped after the first time you spammed my personal info earlier in the week, the only reason you are apologizing is because you were banned.

And if you were really sorry you would have stopped after the first time you spammed my personal info earlier in the week, the only reason you are apologizing is because you were banned.

Partially true yes. I am trying to get unbanned but again I must say that the only part of that information i believed to be true was your name. Never in a million years did I think that the person with your name that I had randomly picked off of google would be the real you. Your lack of reaction to it made me think that you didn't care and/or that the information was incorrect. Most of the time the ones spamming your name were not me and I usually only referred to you by your real name. I will not argue with you though, because in the end you are right and I was wrong and there's nothing else I can say.

The OP gave away home-address and phone number. If any of the higher-ups require the screenshots, I'll private message them it to them. But for anonymity's sake, I'll not post it here. @Hidingmaster

The OP gave away home-address and phone number. If any of the higher-ups require the screenshots, I'll private message them it to them. But for anonymity's sake, I'll not post it here. @Hidingmaster

Another player found a different home address for him confirmed to be correct I believe the original one was false