YeEternalTuna

Hello Why Not Do This?

Make it so you can delete your own comments or edit them and make it so forum mods/administrators can check the history of that comment or where it went. So if you delete a comment staff members can see where the comment was originally placed and what it said. Another thing is to make it where you could undo the deletion of a comment just in case someone tries hiding any confessions to a wrong doing or something like that.

all of this is possible lol

this ^

While I am not sure whether members can already edit their posts (I believe Silence said you were able to edit your own posts for an hour or so), the second part (i.e edit history and staff seeing deleted things) is already possible.

Edited by Bello (see edit history)

You cant edit posts in applications
Yeah and it's something I would want (and would love to have) every member to have: the ability to edit or delete their own comments instead of quoting it and saying nvm or something like that.

Yeah and it's something I would want (and would love to have) every member to have: the ability to edit or delete their own comments instead of quoting it and saying nvm or something like that.

Oh shit im stupid, i didn't read the thread properly. I'm assuming its not possible to discourage shitposts and make things as clear as possible. I do agree that there should be a grace period of some sort where you can edit your post. Something like an hour sounds good.

Oh fudge im stupid, i didn't read the thread properly. I'm assuming its not possible to discourage fudgeposts and make things as clear as possible. I do agree that there should be a grace period of some sort where you can edit your post. Something like an hour sounds good.

I thought that did exist with a 5 minute timer? Did it already disappear?

It most likely won’t happen, its to prevent bias I guess. Your vouch should be decided 100% before posting. If you must change it, you reply with a new vouch saying that this is an updated vouch.

Its not just for apps. Members should have the ability to edit/delete comments anywhere on the forums because sometimes people make mistakes and it just makes it feel weird not being able to fix a comment or delete it because you probably regret commenting on a certain post, or you want to see what other people think of a certain subject in a thread,etc.

Its not just for apps. Members should have the ability to edit/delete comments anywhere on the forums because sometimes people make mistakes and it just makes it feel weird not being able to fix a comment or delete it because you probably regret commenting on a certain post, or you want to see what other people think of a certain subject in a thread,etc.

There is an “Edit” feature.

agyazo.com_81b0903b9d0050afee964915b2ee6786.thumb.png.9fdf05d3bba6b9f46ced59f077a0e327.png

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

This a comment on a thread that isn't mine apuu.sh_rSpLk_a477c511d5.thumb.png.e56e2cfb9b5c202105946eaddbc79260.png

as you can see I am not able to edit OR delete the comment. What I'm asking for is the ability to delete/edit comments anywhere on the forums other than your own post/thread.

This a comment on a thread that isn't mine [ATTACH=full]25819[/ATTACH]

as you can see I am not able to edit OR delete the comment. What I'm asking for is the ability to delete/edit comments anywhere on the forums other than your own post/thread.

agyazo.com_39fa81305da6561df41884c47b35bb1b.thumb.png.1befe92f7de10b283a06227f49dd4dce.png

@Rhododendron possible problem? idk

As Mega said, it's a timed event to prevent abuse. Members are unable to edit their posts after a certain period of time, however I don't know how long this is or whether it differs from the OP of a new thread or just a new post in general. Staff already have access to 'histories' of posts/threads as well, we just don't see it because we don't have those permissions :coffee: