LAN_Megalodon

Remove The Jails From The Surf Maps?

It is legitimately the most frustrating thing on earth to me when I'm trying to learn how to surf, and every time I screw up, I have to waste seconds immediately killing myself just to spawn at the beginning of the map again.

I've seen plenty of servers running many of the same maps, that just teleport you back to the beginning of the map upon screwing up, rather than to a jail. What even is the point of the jails? We have trade servers for DM-esque fighting, and it's not like it's even an effective method of leveling stranges...

I guess I'd argue that it just takes away from the surfing experience as a whole. Any particular reason we use jails?

There's a reason why it's a combat surf server. Removing the arena is not easy either.

Just use !cptele and !cpsave to teleport to spawn if you want to complete the map. -1

It is legitimately the most frustrating thing on earth to me when I'm trying to learn how to surf, and every time I screw up, I have to waste seconds immediately killing myself just to spawn at the beginning of the map again.

I've seen plenty of servers running many of the same maps, that just teleport you back to the beginning of the map upon screwing up, rather than to a jail. What even is the point of the jails? We have trade servers for DM-esque fighting, and it's not like it's even an effective method of leveling stranges...

I guess I'd argue that it just takes away from the surfing experience as a whole. Any particular reason we use jails?

it's awesome that you are trying to surf, but there is a reason we aren't skill surf. People enjoy killing and that's why we have arena maps. while I enjoy linear maps, we are combat surf and that's why a lot of people come there. to either farm their stranges in the jail if they can't beat the map or people use cptele to keep going back to spawn to beat the map.

it's awesome that you are trying to surf, but there is a reason we aren't skill surf. People enjoy killing and that's why we have arena maps. while I enjoy linear maps, we are combat surf and that's why a lot of people come there. to either farm their stranges in the jail if they can't beat the map or people use cptele to keep going back to spawn to beat the map.

There's a reason why it's a combat surf server. Removing the arena is not easy either.

Just use !cptele and !cpsave to teleport to spawn if you want to complete the map. -1

Ah, I had no idea we had a teleport command on the server. Guess that's what I get for playing on the trade servers all the time. That solves it then.

What you're suggesting is removing the combat side to Surf, and what about the people who like a bit of both? I don't intend on switching from Surf to Trade Gaming every 5 minutes just to be able to kill someone. The jails are perfectly fine, it gives the people who cannot surf a chance to do something they can do whilst also occassionally surfing to try and get an advantage.

Also what Kypari said, its called Combat Surf for a reason. -1