Sign in to follow this  
serbiansnaga

admins should try to go undercover

i have an idea, it was posted before but it was more towards preventing admin abuse. basically, admins should, if they are being msged about rule breakers, hackers, etc, change their name so that the hacker or cheater wouldnt know that an admin has joined. that way if someone is hacking, an admin can spectate him and get proof for himself instead of relying on others, also admin should not try to announce himself to the players or else the hacker would turn off his hacks. same thing with rule breakers, but they can tell them to stop or they will get admin, and if they dont or they talk back, "i dont care, get admin" etc, than they can kick them or temp ban them from the server. it would be a good idea to look into though, cause admins make themselves known and the ones breaking the rules will have time to stop what they are doing, at least until admin leaves

lol most hackers aren't very smart and hack infront of admins , When i watched that demo ... i've heard an admin telling the player to turn off the hack? If they are hacking they are banned without any warnings so next time ban them instead of warning them because they would probally do something to avoid the ban causing it harder for you to ban him.

Also when i went undercover once in surf it didn't go well >_> someone kept yelling saying that im the admin and should ban him and i kept spamming and spamming that guy to stop but he apparently can't read, So most of the players would probally know whos admin because of profiles or somewhat and would spam telling them to ban the rule breaker.

Yeah... I disagree strongly with the "ban them instead of warning them" part, I was banned for a few weeks because a lot of admins are fking stupid and ban without real proof. <<< happened to me

I think what would solve* the problem is removing permaban from admins or something, only using permabans on the forum requests.

lol well as i think it is that xG:A , xG:B , xG:C , and xG:L are only one that can perma but ban disconnect loops and allow perma lol, Also some admin aren't good at telling what is hacking and whats not so thats is why probally 2 admin must see before aproving of ban.

Here's the problem.

with tags, players stop breaking rules temporarily

until that Admin or Moderator leaves. after that,

it continues to happen.

without tags, you can spot the rule breakers more

easily, but you never really have an idea of who the

admins or moderators are unless you keep track of

everyone who is promoted, and everyone who changes

their name.

so it makes it easier with tags and at the same time

prevents rule breakers at least temporarily.

so this "undercover" thing doesn't really work because after

a while players begin to figure out who the admins and

moderators are. they would have to be promoted "undercover"

and not hint or say anything that would connect them to having any type of power.

and on top of that, the console shows when an admin uses a command.

when i mean undercover, i dont mean removing the admin or mod tag, i mean completely changing their name before they enter the server, and maybe even their avatar if it would help, but before u join, u notify the admins on the server if there are any that u are undercover, and if there arent any, to tell an admin thats online but not on css, that way, he/she wont join in and see some random person threatening to slay or kick others for breaking rules.

never: the "ban without warning" thing is only when the player is hacking, in the demo that i sent to duckii, the person was speedhacking, aimbotting and wallhacking, clearly thats not something that u can warn against, if they are hacking than its immediate ban, perma if high ranking admin, temp ban if mod and a ban request on forums to make it perma.

Sign in to follow this