DoctorGringo

Requests For The Morbus Server

Fix Teslas - Teslas aren't spawning

No Spawn Camping - Would you object if I put a rule stating that players can't camp swarm spawns? Some people were doing it a lot tonight on Spaceship and there were complaints.

You won't be able to fix Teslars yourself, the issue is far too complicated.

As for the spawn camping rule, it would do more harm than good. More punishment would be required to handle that issue. If people are camping, mission times should be tweaked to force more walking around the map. But on large maps such as spaceship, humans do not walk fast enough to get around the map for increased missions. Anther way to solve that issue would be to implement attrition on humans in the swarm spawn; but, Demonkush or Resmcar would have to do that.

Edited by Vertex (see edit history)

it would do more harm than good. More punishment would be required to handle that issue.

A warning then slay if continued/repeated would be sufficient imo. I don't see the harm in that for an issue that doesn't even pop up that often.

If people are camping, mission times should be tweaked to force more walking around the map. But on large maps such as spaceship, humans do not walk fast enough to get around the map for increased missions.

People camp because they think it's the best tactic, not because moving around the map is a hassle (which it isn't). This and players camping swarm spawns are two different topics.

Anther way to solve that issue would be to implement attrition on humans in the swarm spawn; but, Demonkush or Resmcar would have to do that.

That would be a good idea if they were to ever create it.

A warning then slay if continued/repeated would be sufficient imo. I don't see the harm in that for an issue that doesn't even pop up that often.

I'd rather not punish people for using game flaws. It's better to find a solution to fix issues like these. It would be a good idea to send warnings though and not back them up with anything. That would scare people off without actually punishing them.

Edit: I just a found anther implementable solution. Giving swarms spawn protection for three seconds.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

We need 's u i c i d e' abuse prevention as well. People are regularly using the kill command in console, which, has a lot of negative impacts the gamemode isn't designed to the handle, like imbalances in brood selection.

@DoctorGringo

'S u i c i d e' abuse prevention has been completed. And Teslars are fixed and back on the server.

My own light-weight spray tracker is currently being made to work exactly how we want it; without, any unneeded chat messages or extra unused features. I suspect we may have to redistribute the Morbus Gamemode for loading of client-side improvements, such as, this feature. Server changes are limited to server-side and shared files only. And piling up new workshop addons will raise loading times. (horrible idea)

This page is now on the Morbus MOTD, so, players can see what we're up to. And give suggestions for improvements. It will need to be moderated on a frequent basis, should people start posting here. It's critical that everything in this thread starts on-topic!

Fix and add to the Point Shop: The icons have been glitched for a long time and our Point Shop lacks content. If we could fix it so custom player models could be added and not interfere with the Swarm and Brood aliens that would be great too. If we're going to add Donater Perks like we've been talking about this will be a huge plus as we don't have a whole lot to offer atm.