Forest

Prey For The Gods

Has anyone else been following this game? It's practically a spiritual successor to the game "

" (you know, the game where you scale massive colossi to get at their weak point) and is currently up on KickStarter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xh0ogDchKPg

Looks super pretty and promising and I really want it to succeed, though I am pretty skeptical since the studio only has three people working on it. What are your guys' opinions?

Be very cautious because a lot of the time Kickstart games don't live up to the hype, fail miserably, or are just scams. This isn't to say all or this particular kickstarter is any of that but there have been promises made and where it wasn't fulfiled. So just be cautiously optimistic and feel free to donate but like I said, be very very catious. This is for anyone

Also I was never a big shadow of the colossus fan however was very impressed with what they did, but isn't that studio that made SOC making a spiritual successor or something similar for the ps4?

Be very cautious because a lot of the time Kickstart games don't live up to the hype, fail miserably, or are just scams. This isn't to say all or this particular kickstarter is any of that but there have been promises made and where it wasn't fulfiled. So just be cautiously optimistic and feel free to donate but like I said, be very very catious. This is for anyone

Also I was never a big shadow of the colossus fan however was very impressed with what they did, but isn't that studio that made SOC making a spiritual successor or something similar for the ps4?

Yeah, Team Ico is making "The Last Guardian" but it's more of a spiritual successor to "Ico", their other game. Fun fact: Team Ico only has 3 games under their belt: Shadow of the Colossus, Ico and their upcoming game The Last Guardian. I'm pretty astounded that these three guys were able to produce a game like this, but that's what makes it so worrisome. It's that they may have bit off more than they can chew, especially for only $300,000.

I don't think it looks bad, but it isn't something I would donate to since it's not like it's going to be the best game ever

I mean, to each their own, though I don't necessarily think it'll be the "best game ever" just like with any KickStarter project. That being said, I don't think a game has to be the best that ever was in order to fund it :coffee:

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

I would very much want for this to succeed since I absolutely loved SotC, though of course I'm going to be cautious too.

Just hoping that they manage to pull through with this in the future and what they aim for seeing as The Last Guardian is as said going to be more like Ico (which mind you I also loved very much.)