Sign in to follow this  
DoctorWaffles

Bring TF2Ware to CS:S, CS:SWare?

Yesterday I talked with Silence about TF2Ware, and told him I was currently working on a project for CS:S based on TF2Ware.

Those who don't know TF2Ware:

The gameplay within the map involves all players participating in randomly chosen "microgames", simple tasks with short instructions and a duration of less than 5 seconds. Players are automatically changed to the class the microgame (or their role within the microgame) requires, were generally forced to wield a specific weapon (or whatever was currently in the required slot), and did not have any ammunition or could not melee unless the microgame required it. Players earn one point per microgame that they "won", and as soon as one player has 18 points, a Boss Stage began – which is longer (about one minute on average) and slightly more complex than the normal microgames, and always has a dedicated environment within the map. The player with the most points following a Boss Stage is given free rein to kill all other players on the stage, after which the flow of gameplay is looped and everybody's score reset to 0.

I already started a few things such as:

(TF2ware uses these minigames)

- Random Weapons/Kill an enemy

[based on a game_player_equip which can be activated by any logic_case input "use"]

- Get to a platform

[One platform will be enabled, the other platforms will be disabled. using func_doors (due the fact func_brushes might stuck players), inputs "Open/Close"]

- Avoid the kamikaze

[A C4 will be spawned in someone's hand (this might need some work) and will be activated within 5-8 seconds. using weapon_c4, env_explosion, trigger_hurt and a logic_timer. Inputs "Enable/Disable" & "Explode". These will be templated so they are triggerable every round]

- Crouch

[All players who wont crouch will be killed. Using a trigger_hurt, inputs "Enable/Disable"]

That is all nice and fancy, but not enough.

So I need your help,

I need to make more and more Minigames within the level.

And I need ideas for the layout & looks.

So please, reply with any (playable and do-able) ideas.