Sign in to follow this  
KingofOcelots

Making A Map for XenoGamers! - Jailbreak Map

Hey! Great map! I love it!

I always give this suggestion to every person getting into Valve Hammer Editor.

As a student majoring in architecture and as a map maker. I couldn't but help to suggest learning every little bit about lighting. Lighting is a main fundamental in architecture and map making, and should be one of the first few information learned in map making.

Try adding a few of these in the map. They are just entities, so it is very simple.

1) light_environment

2) light

3) lightmap scale

4) skybox texture

5) env_sun object

6) env_fog_controller

This video basically sums it up for you. This guy helped me ALOT when I started map making. You should check his other video's on Valve Hammer Editor, as well as the one I am linking for lighting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hqKr-HEwBc

I absolutely love the map and can't wait for the final version!

I wouldn't worry about any light/env/fog until you get better, until then its just a headache. a lot of good maps dont have light entities anyways. Focus on making cool contraptions/moving things like a simple deathrun. Put in some spike traps, moving walls, teleports. Theres alot of good tutorials out there if u google them.

Level Design Video Tutorials - Valve Developer Community

I made a roulette pit for jailbreak awhile ago, lemme know if u like it

:Jailbreak Roulette (Counter-Strike: Source > Prefabs > Minigames) - GAMEBANANA

Looks good so far, although it looks a llittle cramped. Also needs more cowbell.

It's not even close to being done my good sir.

I'm still adding, Deathrun, Soccer, basketball, obstacles, roulette

It's not even close to being done my good sir.

I'm still adding, Deathrun, Soccer, basketball, obstacles, roulette

I know, by cramped I meant there doesn't seem to be a lot of space to walk; the walls are kind of close together and there a lot of corners (Not a lot of room in general, but it is may just be the way the screenshots are taken). Anyway, keep up the good work, and I would love to beta it for you.

I know, by cramped I meant there doesn't seem to be a lot of space to walk; the walls are kind of close together and there a lot of corners (Not a lot of room in general, but it is may just be the way the screenshots are taken). Anyway, keep up the good work, and I would love to beta it for you.

Yeah I've already chosen some people for the beta testers:

Gkoo

Snakeboyjake

Snakeboyeric

You(hidingmaster)

Darkwolf

Sign in to follow this