Edit History

Tanman_Tanner

Tanman_Tanner

42 minutes ago, Megamaw said:

frankly seeing a lot of cool maps taken down for that reasoning over the years while we still have shit like airstrip in active rotation, and we've not added any new maps in several years?

maybe not the right thread, but, please for the love of Christ loosen the theming a little

Thank you for your input. Yes, I think for the longest time we've followed too hard on that theming, but at the same time I've also noticed we just haven't added maps that don't follow that theme, we really haven't tried to get rid of any maps that didn't follow the old strictly enforced theming (however I may very well be wrong). Additionally, I think a few of the maps that were 'removed' from TGH were simply just taken out of map rotation and nomination, and I think if the push for some of those maps to be added back in were present (like here), I think we'd look at it at a case-by-case basis, as I can't say all of them didn't deserve it, but some like masscc didn't need it. Anyhow, take a look at Cyberpunk and it's 2nd version, which of course predates a game of the same name, and has been a part of the server long before it was even announced (despite removal during that time period and re-adding). I think we should allow the 'gaming history' thing to be applied to maps of old that had been influential in xG's history, not just old games, like Cyberpunk or masscc.

Tanman_Tanner

Tanman_Tanner

22 minutes ago, Megamaw said:

frankly seeing a lot of cool maps taken down for that reasoning over the years while we still have shit like airstrip in active rotation, and we've not added any new maps in several years?

maybe not the right thread, but, please for the love of Christ loosen the theming a little

Thank you for your input. Yes, I think for the longest time we've followed too hard on that theming, but at the same time I've also noticed we just haven't added maps that don't follow that theme, we really haven't tried to get rid of any maps that didn't follow the old strictly enforced theming. Additionally, I think a few of the maps that were 'removed' from TGH were simply just taken out of map rotation and nomination, and I think if the push for some of those maps to be added back in were present (like here), I think we'd look at it at a case-by-case basis, as I can't say all of them didn't deserve it, but some like masscc didn't need it. Anyhow, take a look at Cyberpunk and it's 2nd version, which of course predates a game of the same name, and has been a part of the server long before it was even announced (despite removal during that time period and re-adding). I think we should allow the 'gaming history' thing to be applied to maps of old that had been influential in xG's history, not just old games, like Cyberpunk or masscc.

Tanman_Tanner

Tanman_Tanner

21 minutes ago, Megamaw said:

Thank you for your input. Yes, I think for the longest time we've followed too hard on that theming, but at the same time I've also noticed we just haven't added maps that don't follow that theme, we really haven't tried to get rid of any maps that didn't follow the old strictly enforced theming. Additionally, I think a few of the maps that were 'removed' from TGH were simply just taken out of map rotation and nomination, and I think if the push for some of those maps to be added back in were present (like here), I think we'd look at it at a case-by-case basis, as I can't say all of them didn't deserve it, but some like masscc didn't need it. Anyhow, take a look at Cyberpunk and it's 2nd version, which of course predates a game of the same name, and has been a part of the server long before it was even announced. I think we should allow the 'gaming history' thing to be applied to maps of old that had been influential in xG's history, not just old games, like Cyberpunk for instance, or masscc.

Tanman_Tanner

Tanman_Tanner

18 minutes ago, Megamaw said:

Thank you for your input. Yes, I think for the longest time we've followed too hard on that theming, but at the same time I've also noticed we just haven't added maps that don't follow that theme, we really haven't tried to get rid of any maps that didn't follow the old strictly enforced theming. Additionally, I think a few of the maps that were 'removed' from TGH were simply just taken out of map rotation and nomination, and I think if the push for some of those maps were present, I think we'd look at it at a case-by-case basis. Anyhow, take a look at Cyberpunk and it's 2nd version, which of course predates a game of the same name, and has been a part of the server long before it was even announced. I think we should allow the 'gaming history' thing to be applied to maps of old that had been influential in xG's history, not just old games, like Cyberpunk for instance, or masscc.

Tanman_Tanner

Tanman_Tanner

16 minutes ago, Megamaw said:

Thank you for your input. Yes, I think for the longest time we've followed too hard on that theming, but at the same time I've also noticed we just haven't added maps that don't follow that theme, we really haven't tried to get rid of any maps that didn't follow the old strictly enforced theming. Take a look at Cyberpunk and it's 2nd version, which of course predates a game of the same name, and has been a part of the server long before it was even announced. I think we should allow the 'gaming history' thing to be applied to maps of old that had been influential in xG's history, not just old games.

Tanman_Tanner

Tanman_Tanner

13 minutes ago, Megamaw said:

Thank you for your input. Yes, I think for the longest time we've followed too hard on that theming, but at the same time I've also noticed we just haven't added maps that don't follow that theme, we really haven't tried to get rid of any maps that didn't follow the old strictly enforced theming. Take a look at Cyberpunk and it's 2nd version, which of course predates a game of the same name, and has been a part of the server long before it was even announced.