Sign in to follow this  
Forest

Spiderman vs Amazing Spiderman

Exactly as the topic says. Which "version" did you guys enjoy more? Honestly, I preferred the Amazing Spiderman over the past 3 Spiderman's because it stayed true to the comic series (web shooter and wisecracking jokes) whereas the other spiderman movies were packed with far too much drama (plus Toby Mcguire didn't make an ideal spiderman to me). Tell me what you guys prefer.

I'm hoping they do the same for the upcoming "Deadpool" movie. Deadpool did technically make a cameo in X-Men Origins: Wolverine, but honestly I don't think he was "Deadpool" enough, if you know what I mean. Anyways, off topic, thanks for your input! Comic Book series characters are [almost] always better then their made up 'alter ego' movie version

I saw every Sam Raimi Spider-Man in theatres, however I have not seen the new Spider-Man movie but I'll offer my opinion anyways.

You say you don't like the Raimi movies since there is too much drama and it doesn't stick to the wackyness of the comic. That's a good thing. You think the Batman trilogy would have been as epic if they stuck to the source material? KA-BAM! KER-PLOW! LAME! Your mindset is obviously stuck in the old times of comics.

I'm going all over the place so I'll make a tl;dr version:

The drama of the Raimi trilogy actually made me give a crap about the characters. I was on the edge of my seat every moment to see what would happen next and had a huge amount of material. A kid wouldn't understand that, so maybe grow up and then watch it again, but the amount of substance in Spider-Man 1 and then making an even better movie with Spider-Man 2 really puts those movies in the spotlight. Also people are saying Ultimate Spider-Man ripped off the Raimi movies, and general consensus for Ultimate was much lower than the Raimi Trilogy. It barley scored higher than Spider-Man 3 :p

the new spider man suit is not that cool as the other. And the film is more about Peter Parker than the spider.