Kypari

Clarification Regarding Racial/offensive Slurs Being On Weapons

Of course not haha. It's specifically for racial slurs but I put offensive so that multiple categories of offensive topics can be included, racism being the most common. I mean like really bad homophobia too, for example :coffee:

Gotchya, I think it would still need to be a case by case basis, but there's no harm in having something in place for the extreme cases.

The process would be similar to that of moderating sprays; Staff wouldn't have to actively search for it as they would only take action when it is seen or if a Player has reported it as previously mentioned. That being said, I can definitely see how this could lead to disgruntled Players leaving due to the inconvenience of having to swap it out like Aegean said. It gets to a point where the Server becomes unplayable due to the mountain of rules to keep it a "safe place"; which is unrealistic due to the nature of the game itself as well as being one that is online and free to play.

To be perfectly honest, I think the whole "PG13" aspect of the General rules should be completely re-hauled or otherwise tossed. I know for a fact that the chat on the Servers (in General, not exclusively TF2) can vary heavily in terms of derogatory or otherwise offensive content. Hell, I know for a fact that even Staff/Members indulge in swearing every now and again. Point being that it's easy to maintain a PG13 environment on a Forum or any other social gathering that is relatively static, but when it comes to a more dynamic environment with a lot more going on (IE. Servers) it just isn't very realistic to maintain a PG13 environment. But I digress, this is something that warrants its own thread.

All in all, in my opinion, if the renamed weapon has derogatory/offensive content (namely ethnicity, politics, religion, sexuality) then it should not be permitted on the Servers. Anything that involves "Butt Blaster" or whatever should be fine, but again, this is only assuming we're actually taking the whole 'PG13' thing seriously; something that I'm inclined to believe that we really aren't :coffee:

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

i do understand that xG should do this only it has to VERY offensive because you cant just change it on the spot you have to BUY or TRADE for a description tag to change it but other than that i support this +1

I haven't read every post yet, but I think it should be like the "Don't CPTele away from fights"-rule on surf. I think it would have to be enforced more passively.

You don't have to constantly watch everyone, but if you're just playing the game and get killed or someone reports it, meaning you get to actively see someone with a weapon that has really bad slurs on it, then you should be able to take action (just like you are not watching everyone the whole time on surf, but if you happen to see someone cpteleing away from a fight on, you can take action).

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

I mean offensive item names is a struggle but we should atleast get rid of the really bad objectors, we don't need swastikas and hentai on a signpost