Matsi

Nova teamswitching me for "freeshooting"

...merely because he looked and saw that I had attacked someone in console...

His actions towards me were completely biased.

Biased... or "unjustified"?

There is actually a difference.

Also perhaps you think it was unjustified, but maybe it was justified. I will review demo in a bit. But just putting it out there if it was justified, then the mindset behind teamswaps is to prevent rulebreaking before it happens. Who is to guarantee freeshooting doesn't escalate later that map, or the next map? If left unattended.

Biased... or "unjustified"?

There is actually a difference.

Also perhaps you think it was unjustified, but maybe it was justified. I will review demo in a bit. But just putting it out there if it was justified, then the mindset behind teamswaps is to prevent rulebreaking before it happens. Who is to guarantee freeshooting doesn't escalate later that map, or the next map? If left unattended.

Both unjustified and biased

It was unjustified because I didn't freeshoot anyone also, he didnt even ask my side or ANYTHING just teamswitched me because it said I attacked a person in his console and that person said that I freeshot them.

It was biased because ever since I took my tags off and shit quite a few admins look for the stupidiest shit to slay/kick/ban me for. And a lot of them take action against me without seeing what happened nor asking me stuff like "why are you there/why did you kill that guy/why did you throw that grenade?"

So we should shoot first, ask questions later?

where did I say that? I said if it was a justified teamswap then it is better to prevent future large issues by taking minor action on minor issues.

Firstly, I would like to say, I'm not biased, if I were, I would have banned you, Second, when the issue did occur, Team speak was blowing up on me about you free shooting as well as in game, just because I'm dead doesn't mean [b[i'm not paying attention[/b], if you also saw console, it says you shot that certain player. It was only a team swap since you were dead, stop complaining and I'd like it if you didn't complain over every little issue and then chastise admins for doing whatever they want because they're admins or mods.

Only reason I team swapped you was to prevent further issues like this from happening from you for the time being, what if you did it again the next round? or the round after?

I don't care if you take off your tags, I don't really have a reason to ban/slay/kick you, were it the case, players like Line, zippo or others would have been banned by me a long time ago and trust me, you would know if I were biased

edit - Paying attention not pay attention .

Firstly, I would like to say, I'm not biased, if I were, I would have banned you, Second, when the issue did occur, Team speak was blowing up on me about you free shooting as well as in game, just because I'm dead doesn't mean I pay attention, if you also saw console, it says you shot that certain player. It was only a team swap since you were dead, stop complaining and I'd like it if you didn't complain over every little issue and then chastise admins for doing whatever they want because they're admins or mods.

Only reason I team swapped you was to prevent further issues like this from happening from you for the time being, what if you did it again the next round? or the round after?

I don't care if you take off your tags, I don't really have a reason to ban/slay/kick you, were it the case, players like Line, zippo or others would have been banned by me a long time ago and trust me, you would know if I were biased.

Did you even read his post? He said he shot the guy so obviously that's going to be in console as it was his "warning" shot. How is the severity of the punishment determine if you were biased or not? Saying you aren't biased doesn't make it true, champ.

The severity of the punishment isn't based on how I feel, I'm only following the MOTD. I believe he's under the assumption that I hate him (hence the threads pertaining against admins on numerous occasions) and I need any reason for me to use admin powers on him for whatever reasons. I even tell players, I don't care what they do, if they're not following the rules they will be punished, it doesn't matter if I like them or not. Regardless if it's a "warning" shot, free shooting is against the rules and if he isn't the warden(if the warden says hes gonna give warning shots) then I don't think he should be "Free shooting" or giving "Warning shots" even though there was nothing of that sort. Regardless of that fact, He was dead, and I swapped him, I really see no purpose on dragging this abuse thread forward. Just my two cents.

Allow me to elaberate: the warden says to get in the isolation and to get against the back wall. After they are all inside i open the window on the door to see who isnt against the wall. When i look in i see a bunch of people at the door and obviously not against the back wall... rather than be a dumbass and shoot them, hitting the players behind them i moved to the side and shot at the guys foot, as to shoot him in a way to be sure not to hit anyone else. Shortly after i started shooting at him someone started awping at us from armory so i stopped to see where the shots were coming from.

Its annoying that people like line and many others strictly enforce orders word for word and then i get teamswaped because i shot someone who wasnt against the back wall...

If an admin were to have asked me why i shot the guy i could have told them, but noone did.... they acted without knowing all the facts.

The arguement that you only switched me so that i didnt continue freeshooting is pointless because i was not freeshooting at all.

+1

I'm legit gonna have to side with Matsi here.

On a similar situation warden told all T's to stack on his spray for no balls. They slowly started moving off the spray and once I realized it I blew away over half the time. A million people started crying freekill but once I explained "Noooo they were off the spray" everyone was like "Ooooooh"

So same here, if Matsi had been asked why he shot the guy, there would be now problem.

As far as not giving warning shots - why not? It could have been a mistake on the T's part and Matsi wanted to give him a chance. However, after seeing how everything went down, I beleive you would have swapped him for a "freekill" instead of a "freeshot" if he would have killed him for not following orders, instead of just a warning shot.

ALSO for a freeshot we give warnings. We're not even supposed to SLAY for a single freeshot, so how you get off with a teamswap is beyond me.

Yeah Nova, you seem to be slightly avoiding his argument that he didn't freeshot. According to him, he shot the T because he wasn't against the back of the wall like he was supposed to be. So, if this is correct, it was a legitimate shot and he should not have been teamswitched. While I'm sure you didn't intentionally free-spectate him, he is right in this situation IF it is true that he shot the T because he wasn't against the back wall. Maybe try to actually confirm what he did before switching next time.

Nova might have made a mistake by acting slightly quickly in teamswapping and not asking why the T was shot but sometimes it is hard to hear and read chat when people are screaming down the Mic in game and in ts as well as spamming chat telling you to slay someone. Everyone makes mistakes now and then and when Nova does he gives himself a punishment worse than what he deserves.

There is no reason to free shoot, accidents happened, you were dead, team swapped, I can come up with many other reason to swap you eg. ratios, I swapped you for free shooting, stop complaining, you could have queued up next round next round anyways. Get over it, I have been monitoring your actions on the server and in game and you are acting very disrespectful and complaining towards the community you already left because you hate it. I would like for that to stop happening as well and just have fun and not let things get to the best of you.

- Closed

Nova, you cannot close abuse threads on yourself...only higher ups may. This is being reopened, as well as the other 2 threads to allow more feedback. All 3 threads have valid proof.

~Re-opened