BenJammin

Mic Problems And Sound Quality For Some People

It seems to only occur in css. my mic works fine in all other programs like teamspeak, skype, etc. I think what may be the problem is the server has sv_user_steam_voice set to 1 when it should be set to 0. this is just my guess as to how to fix the problem. it seems like half the time i use my mic it kills everyone else's audio and the quality is really poor. if anyone has another fix idea please respond to this post.

thanks!

It only happens with certain people. @xSuicidalCowsx was on and @WhyJewMad pointed it out, which is when I unmuted to check. Cows used his mic, and that caused at least mine and JewMads sound to turn static [His mic was used, and every sound turned low quality static sounding in game]

I'm not sure what causes it.

This happens to me too. It started a while ago then it seemed to go away and now recently it started again. It used to be only jb it would do it but then like 2 nights ago it happened on minigames. @DMTwired was the one to tell me on minigames. @DarkWolf6052 pls fix.

It might be caused by a bad connection or something, I don't know, it's random, the sound from file thing would unlikely be the cause.

Did you try "sv_user_steam_voice 0"? I've read that it's fixed some problems on steam forums and that the problem is server side. Apparently there was a patch a while back that did something to the audio, and setting it to 0 reverts it back to when it worked better.

Microsoft Corsair Vengeance 1500

Headphones

• Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz
  • Impedance: 32 Ohms @ 1kHz
  • Dynamic Range: 95dB (A-weighted)
  • Drivers: 50mm
  • Cable Length: 3m
  • USB power consumption: 250mW
  • Connector: USB Type A

Microphone

• Type: Unidirectional noise-cancelling condenser with adjustable, rotating boom
  • Impedance: 2.2k Ohms
  • Frequency Response: 100Hz to 10kHz
  • Sensitivity: -44dB (+/-3dB)