NitNat

Nitnat - Team Fortress 2

The reason why it makes sense for members to vouch for members is because they are giving input on who would be a valuable member for their own community, which a non-member shouldn't really have input on. BUT non-members do spend time on our servers, and they are good witnesses to members who are good representatives and giving staff to them does affect non-members in the servers they play on.

I had a hard time following that...

Couldn't the same be said of non-members vouching for member applicants? I mean, they also see good potential members as well as good potential staff.

What makes a little more sense to me is that non-members shouldn't determine who among them is a worthy member, otherwise it'd be akin to letting strangers welcome themselves xG (although, buy that logic why should "strangers" be allowed to help determine who actually runs and moderates xG?)

Is this kinda what you meant to say?

Couldn't the same be said of non-members vouching for member applicants? I mean, they also see good potential members as well as good potential staff.

What makes a little more sense to me is that non-members shouldn't determine who among them is a worthy member, otherwise it'd be akin to letting strangers welcome themselves xG (although, buy that logic why should "strangers" be allowed to help determine who actually runs and moderates xG?)

I obviously can't speak for Aegean but what you're saying is correct.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

+1 Was a pretty good mod before she stepped down/got demoted. Honestly can't remember what happened.

Get her back on the roster. Was pretty active on VSH before it crumbled down.

@Blizzard It was a $1 subs at Jimmy Johns today. Did you get your sub, you Jimster?

I see what you mean, I guess it made more sense in the past because there was a vouch requirement for memberships which is why we didn't want non-members to vouch for it, but we didn't mind non-members vouching for staff because it was based on other factors and the vouches for mod-apps was strictly for feedback. I still think non-members shouldn't give input on a member app, but it's something we can discuss as a community in the appropriate place.

Regardless, best of luck NitNat on your mod app :)