bless

bless - Team Fortress 2

Rofl your name is hitscan dan and you're rolling with someone called headshot scott. Boy boy boy if this gets accepted LOL

I don't see how the people I play with would matter in this case at all, considering we've both been playing this game for years and neither of us cheat, alsothe whole point of the names is that they rhyme with the videogames mechanics.

I don't see how the people I play with would matter in this case at all, considering we've both been playing this game for years and neither of us cheat, alsothe whole point of the names is that they rhyme with the videogames mechanics.

Playing with suspicious players that may or may not be cheating, is suspicious in itself. Usually when hackers have friends that are playing with them both tend to be cheating. And given that both you and headshot scott were making some pretty suspicious shots, it just adds more to the idea of you two cheating.

Also naming yourself as game mechanics like "hitscan dan", and "headshot scott" does make it a bit more suspicious. From games that I've seen, both on xG servers, and in Valve Casual matches. Hackers name themselves something clever along the lines of what you and your friend did.

Playing with suspicious players that may or may not be cheating, is suspicious in itself. Usually when hackers have friends that are playing with them both tend to be cheating.

Calling players who kill you "suspicious" is flawed thinking.

Also naming yourself as game mechanics like "hitscan dan", and "headshot scott" does make it a bit more suspicious. From games that I've seen, both on xG servers, and in Valve Casual matches. Hackers name themselves something clever along the lines of what you and your friend did.

This logic is also incredibly flawed considering anyone can name themselves anything, regardless of whether they cheat or not. I personally have seen far more "experienced" players duo in servers with matching names, usually in the form of an injoke, in this case "hitscan dan" and "headshot scott" were both names a friend came up with.

Calling players who kill you "suspicious" is flawed thinking./QUOTE]

I feel as if i should elaborate on this, I feel as if the definition of "suspicious" gets altered constantly for convenience, and I'm curious as to how me playing the game as anyone who enjoys sniper would is suspicious.

Calling players who kill you "suspicious" is flawed thinking.

How can it be flawed of me being killed if I was in spectator during the event?

This logic is also incredibly flawed considering anyone can name themselves anything, regardless of whether they cheat or not. I personally have seen far more "experienced" players duo in servers with matching names, usually in the form of an injoke, in this case "hitscan dan" and "headshot scott" were both names a friend came up with.

It doesn't matter. With the given context of you being suspected of cheating, things like names, hours played, ect. can add suspicion to the case.

Edited by Vexx (see edit history)

Playing the game is totally fine except this isn't the first time you've been accused of hacking so that's how I'm using the term suspicious because it's happened before but in a even more suspicious way than before. Look all I'm saying is that history matters and the fact that you've been banned for something like this before is just showing the truth that you are indeed a hacker. No hard feelings my dude its just that I'm a bit upset that you've come back to our servers to try and lie to us again when you could've changed face and become a member and followed the community but you threw it out the window when you decided to hack again on our servers.

Rofl your name is hitscan Dan and you're rolling with someone called headshot scott. Boy boy boy if this gets accepted LOL

A suspicious name is not a reason to keep a user permanent banned. I'm not sure how you guys handled cases like this in the past, but by the way it sounds, it wasn't handled very professionally.

@Bello and @Sesh can we get your words on the demo? I want to get this finished.

It doesn't matter. With the given context of you being suspected of cheating, things like names, hours played, ect. can add suspicion to the case.

names would never matter in the case of a cheater, unless the name was in someway derogatory, and noone said anything more on my hours played after they saw them. "etc" can mean a lot of things, and I'd like for you to elaborate on the things that made me must suspicious.

Playing the game is totally fine except this isn't the first time you've been accused of hacking so that's how I'm using the term suspicious because it's happened before but in a even more suspicious way than before. Look all I'm saying is that history matters and the fact that you've been banned for something like this before is just showing the truth that you are indeed a hacker. No hard feelings my dude its just that I'm a bit upset that you've come back to our servers to try and lie to us again when you could've changed face and become a member and followed the community but you threw it out the window when you decided to hack again on our servers.

This logic is essentially "others have thought you did something so you must be doing them" aside from being extremely close-minded its also backed by people who already think I cheat, so of course it would show "truth" to me being a hacker. Its the same thing as googling a very specific phrase during an argument to skew the "facts" in your favor. I posted my past bans as a way to show that others that have been dead sure that I was a cheater have in the end rewatched evidence and then revised their opinions in favor of me. I also don't understand why you seem to be taking me making an appeal for what I feel is a false ban personally.

names would never matter in the case of a cheater, unless the name was in someway derogatory, and noone said anything more on my hours played after they saw them. "etc" can mean a lot of things, and I'd like for you to elaborate on the things that made me must suspicious.

Names matter in the case of hackers. You literally just said it yourself, "names would never matter in the case of a cheater, unless the name was in someway derogatory" It may not be the strongest point, but it's defiantly a contributing factor. With the theme that you and your friend went with (the mechanics of the game, hitscan dan, headshot scott) are things that could easily be exploited through programs, which adding to the suspicion that you were using the programs. When I said etc., which by definition means,

et cet·er·a

et ˈsedərə/

adverb

adverb: etcetera

1. used at the end of a list to indicate that further, similar items are included

So there wouldn't be a whole lot of other things, but since you asked, other examples could be friends, vac bans, having a private profile, bans on other servers/communities which you literally posted for us to see. There's really no reason to continue this part of the argument, because I never said that this was the main reason you were banned. All I said it was a contributed. The reason you got banned was because 4 staff came to a consensus that you were using hacks.

Names matter in the case of hackers. You literally just said it yourself, "names would never matter in the case of a cheater, unless the name was in someway derogatory" It may not be the strongest point, but it's defiantly a contributing factor. With the theme that you and your friend went with (the mechanics of the game, hitscan dan, headshot scott) are things that could easily be exploited through programs, which adding to the suspicion that you were using the programs. When I said etc., which by definition means,

et cet·er·a

et ˈsedərə/

adverb

adverb: etcetera

1. used at the end of a list to indicate that further, similar items are included

So there wouldn't be a whole lot of other things, but since you asked, other examples could be friends, vac bans, having a private profile, bans on other servers/communities which you literally posted for us to see. There's really no reason to continue this part of the argument, because I never said that this was the main reason you were banned. All I said it was a contributed. The reason you got banned was because 4 staff came to a consensus that you were using hacks.

thank you for that completely patronizing definition of etc, now allow me to post one of my own.

derogatory

adjective

1. showing a critical or disrespectful attitude.

Now I'm not sure about you but I can't think of a single way the names "hitscan dan" or "headshot scott" are in anyway critical or disrespectful. MAYBE if we had both been berating others in chat for not being able to get headshots or aim in general, than this would make a convincing argument. Yet both of us stayed virtually silent, save for my bind spamming for which i apologize it was another joke gone rampant. In the case of friends, is it guilt by association?should you be thought of as a cheater because of a friend who you have no control over cheats? as for the vac bans I have no because I've never cheated. A private profile would make a convincing argument had I not posted my profile as a screenshot and then also publicized it for brief period of time, in which multiple members of this staff looked at it. As I have posted earlier those links go to previous bans, meaning that they were lifted and are no longer in effect, one as recent as this week meaning that someone looked over "evidence" of me cheating and concluded that I was not cheating.

This logic is essentially "others have thought you did something so you must be doing them" aside from being extremely close-minded its also backed by people who already think I cheat, so of course it would show "truth" to me being a hacker. Its the same thing as googling a very specific phrase during an argument to skew the "facts" in your favor. I posted my past bans as a way to show that others that have been dead sure that I was a cheater have in the end rewatched evidence and then revised their opinions in favor of me. I also don't understand why you seem to be taking me making an appeal for what I feel is a false ban personally.
So what you're saying is that im bandwagonning because I'm using past reports of people that have said you were hacking? In this case since its happened before and its happening again, its always important to take history into consideration when making decisions (stuff you've learned) and using that in this. Also I don't see how its googling specific phrases. It's more like going through a criminals records and using the evidence in there if he's up to no good again. Again like I said I don't have any hard feelings but when a crap ton of people are in suspicion of you hacking then thats when you know something is wrong. I actually don't know why I said that other communities matter because every community has a different way of judging and handling things so Imo I don't see how that matters; what matters is that you were judged by 4 different staff members and all of them thought you were hacking. Now thats something to think about.

thank you for that completely patronizing definition of etc, now allow me to post one of my own.

derogatory

adjective

1. showing a critical or disrespectful attitude.

Now I'm not sure about you but I can't think of a single way the names "hitscan dan" or "headshot scott" are in anyway critical or disrespectful. MAYBE if we had both been berating others in chat for not being able to get headshots or aim in general, than this would make a convincing argument. Yet both of us stayed virtually silent, save for my bind spamming for which i apologize it was another joke gone rampant. In the case of friends, is it guilt by association?should you be thought of as a cheater because of a friend who you have no control over cheats? as for the vac bans I have no because I've never cheated. A private profile would make a convincing argument had I not posted my profile as a screenshot and then also publicized it for brief period of time, in which multiple members of this staff looked at it. As I have posted earlier those links go to previous bans, meaning that they were lifted and are no longer in effect, one as recent as this week meaning that someone looked over "evidence" of me cheating and concluded that I was not cheating.

I'm not sure where you got the idea that I said your name was critical or disrespectful, because I never said that once. The reason I brought up you saying names wouldn't matter, was because you were literally contradicting yourself. You do have control over a friend that cheats. It's called unfriending. The original report was on you and not your friend. You were the main suspect the entire time. So I don't know why you're trying to push the blame onto him. How was I able to tell if you had VAC bans? You're profile is set to private and the last time that you had it open to the public was about a month ago in your other ban appeal. You could have gotten VAC ban in that period of time. If you could provide an up to date profile screenshot, with the correct date, that would be very helpful in your argument, and get rid of the idea that you could have any VAC bans. Bans don't have the same process on community, it's the fact that you've been accused of cheating so many times makes it much more suspicious.

This thread has become nothing more than people throwing random accusations at this point, and will therefore be closed until the higher-ups have come to a decision.

@bless, we apologize for the hostile treatment you have recieved thus far. If you have any questions feel free to PM us here on forums.

~closed

Edited by Guest (see edit history)