Egossi

[xg:tf2:a] Egossi - Counter-strike

sorry for going off-topic but that's just a point i've been wanting to make in a long time, i really don't see the necessity for an actual time requirement to play the game, which can be on non-xG servers and we couldn't track that anyway

I want to hear why/if you think the 20 hour rule is logical and should stay @Goblins, @Bello, @Rejects, @mrnutty12

Uuuuuh, i really don't wanna derail this mod submission, if you're really interested in discussing this, start a thread in the tf2 section or a private convo with us.

As for the mod submission, I'll remain neutral.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

It's more less a hassle on your part than it is on the division higher-ups. You'll have to maintain the 20 hour requirement for TF2 on top of being generally active on CS:GO.

Again, it's my opinion on the matter. Don't take it to heart. My opinion isn't the same as others and that is fine.

I don't see why he can't do both? I also don't understand forcing staff to play 20 hours on a server if they want to play other games too, all egossi would be doing is supporting xG as a whole as staff on both divisions, instead of only supporting a part of xG as staff.

In my personal opinion, they should only be allowed staff in one division. If they wanted to become staff in a different area, then they should step down from their current area and apply to the new one.

That's just my thoughts on it though.

Egossi is a good staff member, and I've been glad to have him on the team (even before I joined xG and made my way to where I am now). He does fantastic work with the TF2 division, and I'm sure he'd do great in the CS:GO division.

I'll keep my vouch at neutral, since I don't really know how to feel about it.

Numerous people have had powers in multiple divisions. Hell I had it in three at one point. As long as the activity doesn't dip there shouldn't be an issue

I am gonna say one thing though. You really need to stop going on CS servers with tags on. Me and Virr I know have asked you multiple times not to and you refuse to and argue about it. Its a simple thing dude. xG:TF2:A Egossi isnt a hard thing to do

In my personal opinion, they should only be allowed staff in one division. If they wanted to become staff in a different area, then they should step down from their current area and apply to the new one.

That's just my thoughts on it though.

Egossi is a good staff member, and I've been glad to have him on the team (even before I joined xG and made my way to where I am now). He does fantastic work with the TF2 division, and I'm sure he'd do great in the CS:GO division.

I'll keep my vouch at neutral, since I don't really know how to feel about it.

What? I was staff in both CSS and TF2, i almost became a mod in Gmod back when Skitzo ran it. Like what the others have said, it's fine as long as they're active.

Personally ego is a great staff member and a good guy who chimps out every now and again, which he learns from. I haven't been on the servers so i have no i can't really give an input but if you allowed ego mod i think he will be fine.

Also stop stop being garbage at GTA.

keep the shitstorm to florida please

any more arguing or whatnot will result in this threads closure, please keep the posts just a simple vouch with your opinion on OP's staff abilities

thanks !

I can't believe it got to the point where I had to make this post out of nowhere but,

as a response to the argument that has been going around in this thread and teamspeak, I sincerely apologize for I have not changed my tag from [xG:A] to [xG:TF2:A] on our CS:GO multiple times, as I also ignored staff members such as @virr and @DrPepperPhreak telling me to change my tag, simply because I never thought of it as a major rule break/disrespect, I have simply seen the whole "egossi change your tags!" thing as a partial joke/gag, which I was wrong about and again, apologize for.

On the personal level side of the story I feel disrespected as I've not been talked to as if I was a human being but rather a disabled animal, and for that I will just have to reconsider who I see as a friend and who I don't, please do not peruse this topic or derail this thread much further.

Alright, i'm just going to drop my vouch in here. First off, i'd like to apologize to @Egossi for not discussing this with you personally or bringing this to the attention of a higher up instead of talking behind your back. The screenshot should have been posted by me and not @DrPepperPhreak and i feel really bad for leaking it.

That being said, this should never have been such a shitshow if you actually listened to us and changed your tag. I have been more than nice and patient with you (on second thought, i should have have been harsher with you since the message i was trying to convey wasn't clear enough) about this, but it's really frustrating having to tell you several times to change your tag, with you having the audacity to ignore or question me about it whenever i see you on our servers. This rule is something you should be very familiar with as you are an admin yourself, as it is stated in the General MOTD.

I don't necessarily think having staff in two divisions a bad thing if done correctly. It does require a LOT more effort than having staff in one though. Especially in the csgo div, as our forum presence isn't as strong as tf2's and a lot of vouching is made by our staff. You are already fairly inactive in tf2, and i don't see how having staff in both divisions would help that at all.

This is unfortunately a -1 from me. @Egossi, if you would like to discuss this further, don't hesitate to shoot me a message on steam or talk to me on teamspeak.

At the end of the day I'm glad the only 2 things I've been criticised for so far has only been jokingly not changing my tags and not being active enough, which I'll be working on improving from this point forward seeing how serious people can get about it thanks to the people who pointed those things out, seriously, I had no idea that anyone thought of my staff tags not being changed as something major to freak out about

Egossi knows what mistakes he has made and aims to fix those. He's an amazing staff member on TF2, despite his recent lack of activity.

I would suggest if his activity on TF2 improves soon, he should be given a probationary moderator position on CS. If he can keep his activity up on both TF2 and CS whilst also being mature, I think he should be given the opportunity.

Just my view.