Edit History

Caleb956

Caleb956

On 2/3/2019 at 2:03 PM, james8470 said:

The servers have gotten stale and 14 hours a week (2 hours a day) is too much

Here's what should be done IMO: halve the requirement (7 hours a week). It's a matter of keeping good staff members for the long-term. I don't think the current model of cycling though staff members every few months is a good one. Also, with a 7 hour a week requirement, wouldn't the servers be understaffed? No, I don't think so. With the lower requirement, we can simply have more TF2 staff members for one thing, and !calladmin and discord and the forums exist for a reason (that reason being the servers can't be staffed 24/7 anyways.

I would like to say a few things here, a couple of which may have already been said.

1.  There is no such thing as a 7 hour a week requirement, it is 14 hours in two weeks(In response to @mrnutty12).  This means if someone can't be on for a week or so, they have the opportunity to do all 14 hours in one week, or it could be 10 hours in one week and 4 in the others (which I don't encourage anyways..) and even at that, if they are unable to play I'm sure @Tekk @Kypari and @SegFault wouldn't have an issue giving them a pass if they explained their situation to them.

2. We have the hour requirement because even though being a staff member is a volunteer job, it is still a JOB.  Like all jobs, it requires commitment, if you aren't committed to what you do as a staff member then chances are you won't be performing like one, quality over quantity.

At the end of the day, like @TBOHB said, people step down for their own reasons.  I don't recall seeing someone step down because the hour requirement was too harsh, and there is only a handful of people that have been demoted for inactivity.  If they don't find the game fun anymore, or they just don't want to commit to being a staff anymore, then that is their choice.  The same could be said about everyone that decides to stick around as staff, every two weeks they decide whether they want to stick around and commit their time to the servers or not.  They probably enjoy the game, or maybe they just stick around because of how much they care about the future of the clan and want to see it succeed, but regardless of what the reasoning may be,  they still have to follow the requirements laid out for all staff members.  Not only would having a basically non existent hour requirement hurt the image of the staff team, it would also more than likely be seen as unfair.

Caleb956

Caleb956

On 2/3/2019 at 2:03 PM, james8470 said:

The servers have gotten stale and 14 hours a week (2 hours a day) is too much

Here's what should be done IMO: halve the requirement (7 hours a week). It's a matter of keeping good staff members for the long-term. I don't think the current model of cycling though staff members every few months is a good one. Also, with a 7 hour a week requirement, wouldn't the servers be understaffed? No, I don't think so. With the lower requirement, we can simply have more TF2 staff members for one thing, and !calladmin and discord and the forums exist for a reason (that reason being the servers can't be staffed 24/7 anyways.

I would like to say a few things here, a couple of which may have already been said.

1.  There is no such thing as a 7 hour a week requirement, it is 14 hours in two weeks.  This means if someone can't be on for a week or so, they have the opportunity to do all 14 hours in one week, or it could be 10 hours in one week and 4 in the others (which I don't encourage anyways..) and even at that, if they are unable to play I'm sure @Tekk @Kypari and @SegFault wouldn't have an issue giving them a pass if they explained their situation to them.

2. We have the hour requirement because even though being a staff member is a volunteer job, it is still a JOB.  Like all jobs, it requires commitment, if you aren't committed to what you do as a staff member then chances are you won't be performing like one, quality over quantity.

At the end of the day, like @TBOHB said, people step down for their own reasons.  I don't recall seeing someone step down because the hour requirement was too harsh, and there is only a handful of people that have been demoted for inactivity.  If they don't find the game fun anymore, or they just don't want to commit to being a staff anymore, then that is their choice.  The same could be said about everyone that decides to stick around as staff, every two weeks they decide whether they want to stick around and commit their time to the servers or not.  They probably enjoy the game, or maybe they just stick around because of how much they care about the future of the clan and want to see it succeed, but regardless of what the reasoning may be,  they still have to follow the requirements laid out for all staff members.  Not only would having a basically non existent hour requirement hurt the image of the staff team, it would also more than likely be seen as unfair.