Unit12p

Wardening 101

Searched through 0 pages and didn't see one, so I wanted to start a Jailbreak Warden Advice thread.

Sometimes I am warden, everything kinda goes to shit.

What kind of tips / rules can you give to a newbie to be a better warden?

Things I think are helpful:

• Know the rules. Easy enough.
  • Don't try to do complex orders without experience. I have a problem of trying to give complex orders, such as "when I say go, face cell and 180.", without stumbling over words. When I do this, everyone needs a repeat and it just makes me look (feel) dumb.
  • Don't call Round-Start warden without trying it. Just start out trying to salvage some dead wardens day (see 8). It might not work, but still.
  • Try not to be shy/afraid/ashamed. It's a game, meant to have fun with! Don't feel like your on the spot because everyone is relying on you. No pressure.
  • Don't be in the center. You want to see what's going on with the T's, but you also don't want to be an easy target for someone with a cell-pistol. I know how this feels.
  • Start out having plans. Don't just call warden without knowing what you want to do first. Eventually, you may be able to wing it, but the first few times it will be a lot of pressure to make up things off the top of your head.
  • Get a census and do easy things. Don't make them do complicated games at first. Also, ask them what they would like to do that day. Usually they will cooperate and express their opinions.
  • When the current warden dies, call warden. No one likes a warden-dead freeday. Call the warden if you are comfortable with it. If it seems no one is going to, do it, regardless of how you feel. It will be good experience depending on what conditions the T's are in at the time.
  • Know the map. Know what games there are to play, and also try to have an idea of where vents are to discourage rebeling.
  • Stay calm when there are rebelers Don't freak out over one guy out there. Unless it's Segway, or any of the [DC] members.
  • Do not search for rebels yourself. Send out your fellow CT's instead. It seems mean, but it's better than dying and causing hell to break loose.
  • Priorities. If you call warden, I swear the first words out of your mouth better be "Outside of your cells, you're a rebel."
  • Consolidate. No matter how much shit you get for doing it, always attempt to thin out the Ts before doing some sort of game. Do things like FR/LR or Trivia.
  • Know the baddies. A few of the regulars on JB are uber-rebelers. Keep a close eye on them, but don't give up if they escape. A few of these include Segway, Mohammad, and Jihad.
  • Be wary of bombs. When you hear the tell-tale beeping, stay a reasonable distance from the T's. Bombs are killers, and day ruiners.
  • YOU HAVE GUNS. There is no reason for you, or any of your CTs, to be DICK-ASS tight with a T. Try to avoid baiting by staying back and telling your Guards to move.

Bi-Laws (do these if you're cool):

Whenever Pyro is on, every freeday should be known as Furry Freeday

Whenever Trif is on, all games of Trivia should be known as Trif-ia.

What else do you think would help a Warden-to-be?

I like this. Make it a little tidier(Did I spell that right? Lol.) and longer (atleast 10 - 12) and I'll sticky it.

Thanks! That would be cool. What do you mean tidier? (I think it's right too.) I just edited it and took out some of the annotations, if that's what you meant.

9. Know the map. Know what games there are to play, and also have an idea if where there are vents.

(If you can see this, I'm on my phone.)

Do not freak out over rebelers. Keep your cool, and more importantly, keep control of the other T's.

Also, don't search for rebels yourself. Send other CT's to do your bidding.

No orders that involve mathematics. You need to compensate the intelligence of your terrorists, and understand some of them may not know math or even understand it. Seriously.

Okay. I swear to god, I need to put this on the list.

IF YOU CALL WARDEN, THE FIRST WORDS OUT OF YOUR MOUTH BETTER BE "OUTSIDE OF CELL REBEL."