♥ aღy ♥

Identity:

STEAM_0:1:29168923

Position:

Time Active:

hundreds of hours since my first time in this clan

16 in 2 weeks

Experience:

previous xG mod, previous raffle mod and middleman, previous server owner.

Donated:

No

Information:

hi guys I decided to apply for a staff position seeing as my activity is way beyond what is expected and I believe my experience in handling issues can only benefit the clan.

I was going to wait 2 weeks before making this application due to the age requirement but seeing as Thunderlimes didn't need to as he was a previous moderator I figured it should be fine to post mine too.

What experience do I have?

• I was previously a moderator in this clan 2 years ago.

• I have been trusted with raffling and holding unusuals for gambles and contests.

• I have organised and held tournaments with over 20 people on a server.

• After leaving xG the first time I ran my own TF2 server for a year so I have experience with being more than just a moderator.

What can I bring to the clan?

I am a very friendly and mature person that tries her hardest to maintain a friendly and enjoyable atmosphere on the server I am playing, but this proves difficult without the powers moderation provides. I keep a strict but fair protocol when dealing with rule breakers and keeping to hand a list of previous trouble makers which I can easily use for follow up punishment if they have failed to comply the first time.

I have vast experience with moderation and administrating servers being a previous moderator in various communities including xG as well as running my own contests and giveaways server in which I hosted boxing tournaments and other events for prizes.

I know what it takes to be staff and am very suitable for the position and up for the task especially seeing as a lot of the time I am the only xG member on deathrun and with deathrun being like it is, it does tend to get rowdy children and people breaking rules and it is such a pain to have to calladmin all the time when it would be so much easier for myself and the staff for me to be able to deal with these issues myself.

Thanks. :)

Okay so I want to first off start this by saying:

@Vexx you made the biggest mistake by allowing Thunderlimes to make his staff application EVEN THOUGH he was under age aka not meeting the current requirements to make a staff app.

Im not doing this to start drama but I myself think amy is super fit to become staff but if she doesnt meet the age requirement then she should be able to make this app.

This is extremely unfair as I see it as favortism because there are people in the past , that I have seen, attempt to get moderator or thought about getting it but couldn't do so due to the age requirement needed. If anyone reading this is wondering wants to read the rules for creating staff submissions click here.

Like if we're going to have this rule we might as well remove it because if we're going to allow stuff like this to happen then theres no point in that rule being there.

Now you might be ready to say ''That rule is only to ensure that the person applying are mature so if we know they're mature then its fine.''

No, it isnt because it makes it look like you're telling every other person that was under age that they are immature and unfit for the position and that since they weren't staff before then they don't have the right to make an app.

Again if this is going to become a thing where its like ''Oh since I saw someone else do it I can do it as well'' then you might as well remove the rule OR lower the age requirement because I just think this makes it look like we're biased.

Again I'm not here to start some sort of war I just think its stupid to favor certain apps because they were staff members before.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

@Vexx you made the biggest mistake by allowing Thunderlimes to make his staff application EVEN THOUGH he was under age aka not meeting the current requirements to make a staff app.

Im not doing this to start drama but I myself think amy is super fit to become staff but if she doesnt meet the age requirement then she should be able to make this app.

This is extremely unfair as I see it as favortism because there are people in the past , that I have seen, attempt to get moderator or thought about getting it but couldn't do so due to the age requirement needed. If anyone reading this is wondering wants to read the rules for creating staff submissions click here.

Like if we're going to have this rule we might as well remove it because if we're going to allow stuff like this to happen then theres no point in that rule being there.

Now you might be ready to say ''That rule is only to ensure that the person applying are mature so if we know they're mature then its fine.''

No, it isnt because it makes it look like you're telling every other person that was under age that they are immature and unfit for the position and that since they weren't staff before then they don't have the right to make an app.

Again if this is going to become a thing where its like ''Oh since I saw someone else do it I can do it as well'' then you might as well remove the rule OR lower the age requirement because I just think this makes it look like we're biased.

Again I'm not here to start some sort of war I just think its stupid to favor certain apps because they were staff members before.

If a person was a staff member in the past, that lets us know how mature of a person they are. We already know how they handle powers and we know how they will do their job as a staff member. Throwing a fit screaming "favoritism" isn't exactly going to get you anywhere, as long as the we higher-ups are fine with it, then the application can be made. The age thing is there because most younger people ARE immature, age does mean a lot when it comes to maturity. I personally would be fine with anyone under the age requirement being staff, so long as they show that they are mature and can handle it correctly. Someone's moderator application is not the place to bring this, just message a higher-up if you have a problem with how things are handled, please do not just post things like this where they don't belong.

If a person was a staff member in the past, that lets us know how mature of a person they are. We already know how they handle powers and we know how they will do their job as a staff member. Throwing a fit screaming "favoritism" isn't exactly going to get you anywhere, as long as the we higher-ups are fine with it, then the application can be made. The age thing is there because most younger people ARE immature, age does mean a lot when it comes to maturity. I personally would be fine with anyone under the age requirement being staff, so long as they show that they are mature and can handle it correctly. Someone's moderator application is not the place to bring this, just message a higher-up if you have a problem with how things are handled, please do not just post things like this where they don't belong.

I have seen people being turned down for their age even though they were mature enough. Does this apply only to former moderators?

Yo creo que si debería ser mod ewe, sabiendo que ya vienen pocos staff al deathrun y otros servers, asi que me excita la idea!! :shrekd:

+1

I don't think he's screaming favoritism and throwing a fit. He has a point and it's related to this application. I think we should remove the age requirement for TF2.

ThunderLimes's and Kitty's apps prove that it's not helping and a lot of "underage" people should be able to post a mod applications, since they do not have to meet any age requirements when we manually pick them either.

But yes, anyways, I'll take this up to the admin forums to discuss it any further.

Good luck on your application, Kitty. I personally haven't seen you enough to judge , since I play a lot on surf.

EDIT: fixed the tons of typos lmao

I don't think he's screaming favoritism and throwing a fit. He has a point and it's related to this application. I think we should remove the age requirement for TF2.

ThunderLimes's and Kitty's apps prove that it's not helping and a lot of "underage" people should be able to post a mod applications, since they do not have to meet any age requirements when we manually pick them either.

But yes, anyways, I'll take this up to the admin forums to discuss it any further.

Good luck on your application, Kitty. I personally haven't seen you enough to judge , since I play a lot on surf.

EDIT: fixed the tons of typos lmao

Making it so it doesnt have an age limit is a good idea. I didnt think there was that blockade for staff because young=mature. If they werent mature they would get -1'd, not +1'd.

Making it so it doesnt have an age limit is a good idea. I didnt think there was that blockade for staff because young=mature. If they werent mature they would get -1'd, not +1'd.

HELLO

I'VE BEEN SAYING THIS SINCE '14 >:c

Yo creo que si debería ser mod ewe, sabiendo que ya vienen pocos staff al deathrun y otros servers, asi que me excita la idea!! :shrekd:

+1

translation:

I think she should be a mod because there are few staff especially in Deathrun and other servers SO it´s a EXTREMLY good idea

I've been wanting to apply for mod for about a week now but I cant because I'm only 15. I turn 16 May 26. This is just me talking but I almost at the level of maturity where I could apply. I don't think we should do it on age restriction anymore. Doing it by maturity would be a good idea. I have also met members who want to get staff, and they are pretty mature, but don't meet the age requirement.

But back to Amy's app, +1 Would make good addition to staff team.

A:9

M:8