Tomahawk

Make Smash Fortress Melee Only?

So I was playing on smash fortress just a while ago and I've noticed that primary and secondary weapons make the server total shit. Way too many times have I seen a heavy's with his minigun keeping people in the air with little to no chance of them being able to fight back or any class that can use shotguns do the same. There are probably other ways weapons have pissed people of but I haven't seen them.

Also, isn't Smash Bros melee only Anyways?

Alright maybe removing them might be a bit drastic but maybe you could make them like in smash where you pick up items. (I don't know if that would be possible but it might be with the gun mettle update that let us pickup weapons?) Also on TGH there are power ups that give advantages to players but limit it to maybe 15 seconds at a time?

And one more thing would be to add more smash fortress maps to the mix. because everytime I play the map is Smashbres. I would even go look for maps and add them to the map request section for that purpose.

So yes or no to this idea?

@kbraszzz @Rejects @metalslug53 @Moosty @Ohstopyou @Other DL's/DM's I might have missed.

When I have played in the past, people haven't really gone heavy. It's not that big of a deal because you can just go spy and cloak or something.

There were only like 2 maps available for Smash when I last looked.