TutorIndia

What about Window 8?

I'm on Windows 8 right now. It doesn't seem that bad, actually. If you have it in the normal windows mode, it looks just like Windows 7, without the blue start button, and a few extra features. Move your mouse to the bottom left corner, a little popup opens. Click it, it goes to the tile-window, acting just as your start menu, only with a different layout. Mouse in the top left, it lets to quickly get to any other programs running (Skype, for example) and swap between the two. Mouse over the right and it gives you a sidebar that lets you share, search, open start, look at devices, or open settings.

Meh, I like it. It's fast, just different. Steam is harder to run since its not able to be pinned to the taskbar.

Not much program is yet compatible with window8 so i heard... so it's not very useful right now imo

^ this and win7 is already solid, it just seems that win8 isn't really worth the upgrade similar to why vista wasnt really popular.

A lot of people are talking out of their asses on this thread. >_>

Windows 8 is completely fine and much faster than 7. I don't see any compatibility issues yet. I've been using for we'll over 4 months, everything windows 7 was but a bit more advance and faster.

If you want some old windows features get Start8 cracked or buy it (I'm on the trial, though I will buy it).

Though, out of curiosity where are you guys hearing about program comparability issues? I've seen none and I use a vast array of programs.

Tl;dr Upgrade! You won't see any compatibility issues as far as I know, and experienced. It's much faster, tabbing out of your games is much smoother, and it uses less ram. If you don't like it switch back, simple.

Excuse grammar on an iPad..

Windows 8 is good. I've been using for a little over 2 months now, and its ok. Unfortunately, some programs i had on Windows 7 aren't compatible with Windows 8; like MSE.

Honestly i prefer Windows 7 over Windows 8, but that's just my opinion; partly because of the countless issues i have with my version of Windows 8, but whatever.

Windows 8 is good. I've been using for a little over 2 months now, and its ok. Unfortunately, some programs i had on Windows 7 aren't compatible with Windows 8; like MSE.

Honestly i prefer Windows 7 over Windows 8, but that's just my opinion; partly because of the countless issues i have with my version of Windows 8, but whatever.

What exactly are your issues? o_O

What exactly are your issues? o_O

Well, MSE isn't compatible, like i mentioned.

When i try to create a picture password, it requires me to confirm my word password. Thats no the problem, the problem is how it loads for 10 mins saying "Just A Moment" while I'm waiting so i can confirm my word password.

Another thing is how if i leave the computer to hibernate, then come back, the log-in screen doesn't show up. Instead i get a "Please Wait..." and I have to wait for about 5-7 mins for the log-in screen to come up. Then when i enter my password it says "Welcome" forever....

Also, when i try to download any games from the store. (I cant think of its current name, and I'm too lazy to check). To download a game you must "Add a microsoft account" ok. I made one, it was confirmed, but then when i click on the "Install" button to get a game....it loads, and says something about signing in with your microsoft account. (Again more loading) for a long time. Once it was more than 30 mins, and didn't finish.

Steam slowed down alot since i got Win-8. Whenever i downloaded a game it was normally ~800B/s Current Rate....now, its under 600B/s (B/s means Bytes per second). No, its not my internet connection, because when i had Win-7 Steam ran smoothly, and without bad connection problems. Plus, I've always had 4/5 bars connection...or 5/5

Lets see whatelse? OH! Whenever something requires and Admin code, everything freezes...literally. I cant do anything. The window pops up asking for the admin code, and BOOM! Can't do anything. Have to turn the computer off with the button.

Thats about it....If i can remember anything else I'll try to edit and add.