shwash

Let's Remove Cyberpunk 2_2

Get rid of the older Cyberpunk Map?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Get rid of the older Cyberpunk Map?

• TO THE TRASH WITH THEE
    • TO THE NOT TRASH FOR SOME REASON

-1 I really like the map. The doors aren't really that glitchy or a problem. The only issue is the arcade machines being able to block doors but staff can stop that.

+1 Low key raises my blood pressure yelling at the same kiddos who think it's funny to lock up the disco room with the arcade machines. It's buggy af, small, linear, the music is bad, it's spammy, always someone turns the lights off over and over, and There is always someone sitting in friendly locking the control room. Cyberpunk 2_a is an upgrade in every way. I hope we can bury this "classic" map to never be remembered.

+1 map has always given me a headache when playing it, the bright colours and the songs (some of them terrible songs with TF2 voice lines spliced in, in a vain attempt at a remix) getting spammed constantly along with the map just being small and overall boring. I won't miss it.

+1 it's not necessarily a bad map, outside of being able to block doors with arcade machines there aren't really any glitches or exploits, the issue with this map is just the trolling with music/light spam etc. For you to reasonably play this map enjoyably you need to disable music and avoid the disco area. Sure it's not that hard to do, but that's still a rather high barrier to entry just to be on a map without going insane. The thing is though, you can't even do that, because what's a cool, well executed and reasonably fair idea on 2_a is a pretty big flaw in 2_2. I'm talking of course about random spawns. It not only makes avoiding the flashing lights of the disco impossible, but also turns what would be a cool and decently balanced idea, the sniper towers, into just a cheese fest to race for a spawn in the other teams tower, to camp.

Tl;dr we have a better cyberpunk in every way, and this one causes nothing but toxicity whenever we join. It's the biggest example of what I call the "Michael Bay effect": A map that people who understand the system nominate first because that's what usually gets picked, knowing it's bad/controversial and going to cause toxicity. Except in this case it's easier, you just play the ear rape beeping song and have your friend remove the floor. Boom, everyone on the server is pissed, but can't stop it for 30ish seconds. Then it just repeats.

Honestly I usually leave on Hallway hell, and I know I'm not alone.

Please god, I could write an essay on all the reasons cyberpuke is an awful map. Besides, we have a better version now, one that's not just a singular hallway cluttered with clipping being looked upon by two sniper-towers. Also the spawns in that one aren't infuriating. +1 it needs to go. Trash that garbage.

-1 Though I'm personally not fond of the map myself, there are three things that come to mind when I consider if it should be removed. Firstly, despite the clusterfuck it becomes when the server is full, it's actually a fairly nice and enjoyable map to play on when player population is lower. It keeps contact consistent due to it's small size, but the map layout still allows for a variety of play-style. Secondly, there is a notable number of people who play on the server who really due enjoy the map for what it is, some who would likely go as far as to call it their favorite map. Sure, maybe the majority of these individuals are younger children, but they are still players on the server none the less. Simply put, if there's enough people voting for the map that we still go there fairly often, then there are enough people who actually enjoy the map.

Lastly, I feel as it's not the most deserving map to be removed, that would be Dark Tower in my opinion. Not to say I want Dark Tower removed, I just don't feel like CyperPuke is the bottom of the barrel.

+1 Now, I've never once actually played this map.

How is this possible? Seeing as we are constantly RTVing to go there?

I can't download/join it. Map has always been glitched for me and I've never once played it.

Now, I wouldn't put in my vote just because of my personal problem alone (unless anyone else has this bug?).

A couple xG friends who I've asked what the map is like basically say it can be abusing to the eyes and ears and trollers often take advantage of this.

Oh, and all the people in this thread who are saying it's buggy combined with the fact I can't even join the darn map doesn't improve my impression of it either.

Okay, I know some people have a pseudo-religious cult-like obsession with this map, but really, we have a better version that maintains the same aesthetic.

Seriously, I cannot think of any actual reasons we should still have old cyberpunk in rotation. What does the old one have that the new one doesn't? The new cyberpunk has a sniper-tower, a disco room, and it also benefits from the fact that it's not a tiny fricken hallway with horrible clipping everywhere.

Old cyberpunk should go, it's basically outdated and objectively a worse experience.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

+1 Now, I've never once actually played this map.

How is this possible? Seeing as we are constantly RTVing to go there?

I can't download/join it. Map has always been glitched for me and I've never once played it.

Now, I wouldn't put in my vote just because of my personal problem alone (unless anyone else has this bug?).

A couple xG friends who I've asked what the map is like basically say it can be abusing to the eyes and ears and trollers often take advantage of this.

Oh, and all the people in this thread who are saying it's buggy combined with the fact I can't even join the darn map doesn't improve my impression of it either.

Delete the map from your tf/download/maps folder. It should work then.

Delete the map from your tf/download/maps folder. It should work then.

previous reasons stated, and also I hate the really bad [random] spawn points and the random [invisible] resupply lockers everywhere

+1

That's the point...it works once you reinstall it.

Yeah, I actually tried this and it worked.

Which would be why I rated Ky's post "useful" almost two weeks ago.