Edit History

tree_

tree_

2 hours ago, Tatost said:

Currently using Corsair HS50

The detachable mic isn't my favorite. I should have gone with one that retracts, or maybe even a nice external mic. It's not rare for me to hear a crackling sound in my right ear, it seems like it damages quickly even while being used with caution (not throwing it, dropping it, etc.)

Looking for a new headset if anyone can give me tips other than Razer items, that'd be nice. I dislike RGB headsets because they're over the top, and I'd like the cushions on the ears to be circular and not triangles or squares, that looks disgusting.

Danny says the HyperX Cloud II are a good headset. Looking at it now, it seems to be priced around $100. And reviews are all saying it's superb as well. Along with that is the Audio Technica I mentioned. They're a bit pricy at around $500, but they really are the best in that price range from what I've tested. Also from all my time with the Technica, (two years ish) I've had absolutely zero problems with it and it shows no signs of wearing down. I highly recommend it if you have the extra change.

2 hours ago, Lithium said:

AKG K553 Pro. Extremely comfortable, sound great, especially with even a low-end DAC+Amp (using this right now, it's got a lot more expensive since I got it). Also am using these pads which are also awesome

I'll have to give it a go!

tree_

tree_

2 hours ago, Tatost said:

Currently using Corsair HS50

The detachable mic isn't my favorite. I should have gone with one that retracts, or maybe even a nice external mic. It's not rare for me to hear a crackling sound in my right ear, it seems like it damages quickly even while being used with caution (not throwing it, dropping it, etc.)

Looking for a new headset if anyone can give me tips other than Razer items, that'd be nice. I dislike RGB headsets because they're over the top, and I'd like the cushions on the ears to be circular and not triangles or squares, that looks disgusting.

Danny says the HyperX Cloud II are a good headset. Looking at it now, it seems to be priced around $100. And reviews are all saying it's superb as well. Along with that is the Audio Technica I mentioned. They're a bit pricy at around $500, but they really are the best in that price range from what I've tested. Also from all my time with the Technica, (two years ish) I've had absolutely zero problems with it and it shows no signs of wearing down. I highly recommend it if you have the extra change.

2 hours ago, Lithium said:

AKG K553 Pro. Extremely comfortable, sound great, especially with even a low-end DAC+Amp (using this right now, it's got a lot more expensive since I got it). Also am using these pads which are also awesome

I used to use a pair of K240s, but they let too much sound in for living in a noisy apartment

I'll have to give it a go!