Killaconor

New Guard system

What do you think of the current !guard  

26 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the current !guard

• I like it the way it is
    • I DONT like it the way it is
    • I dont care either way.

If a CT hits a certain KD like 0-4 perhaps they can be auto switched to T.

At the start roughly two CT's get on without having to type !guard, what if the rest that type !guard after this point don't get put into a queue but instead a randomiser. Then after you get the first batch of CT's it goes back to a queue as normal. That way CT does not depend on how fast your computer is.

Other than that buy a solid state drive! I'm usually always first in with this

Another thing, is that randomizer might ruin the Mic/No mic ratio, causing a rise in the mic check day. And, by some ungodly bad luck, what if not a single CT had a mic. Not one. What then?

Damn, i hadnt thought of that, other than only queing up for !guard if you have a mic --like making it a requirement for CT in the MOTD or something-- i dont see a way around that. :/

I say don't change it. It's been around for a while and works fine. People shouldn't queue up for guard if they don't want it, if the new people want to be guard show them how to. I suggest you don't considering new people shouldn't be on CT for a while until they learn the rules. The guard system now is fine though, a little old but who cares.. Works the best in my opinion.

300 posts woot

If a CT hits a certain KD like 0-4 perhaps they can be auto switched to T.

At the start roughly two CT's get on without having to type !guard, what if the rest that type !guard after this point don't get put into a queue but instead a randomiser. Then after you get the first batch of CT's it goes back to a queue as normal. That way CT does not depend on how fast your computer is.

Other than that buy a solid state drive! I'm usually always first in with this

Only problem with the kd ratio is a ton of t's just killwhore at cell check :/ Not really a prove of skill.

I think its fine. Considering that it forces newer people to take a chill pill and learn from the bottom up. Meaning that they start in a minor role and as they play and learn they begin to work out how the server works, and if they're smart enough to read MOTD they learn the rules and how they're applicable in situations.

That's how I learned. I'm not saying its perfect, but its pretty good.

Well keep it the same cuz this is really stuipd kids who are new yeah don't know the rules but that's why we tell them to mods / admins slay / ban who don't followe rules as ct but kids who are new need and I qoute "NEED" to play as ct to get the full experince if they don't they don't like the sever and neva come back that's how it was for me untill I came back and tried ct for once then fell inlove with jb and I'm now addicted to it and that's good so we need new players to become ct get full experince then after that if they break rules and slay / ban them tell them to read motd simple as that and that is the reason for haveing a good amount of mods an admins ok (I think I follwed the conversation wrong but idk ;D)

Well keep it the same cuz this is really stuipd kids who are new yeah don't know the rules but that's why we tell them to mods / admins slay / ban who don't followe rules as ct but kids who are new need and I qoute "NEED" to play as ct to get the full experince if they don't they don't like the sever and neva come back that's how it was for me untill I came back and tried ct for once then fell inlove with jb and I'm now addicted to it and that's good so we need new players to become ct get full experince then after that if they break rules and slay / ban them tell them to read motd simple as that and that is the reason for haveing a good amount of mods an admins ok (I think I follwed the conversation wrong but idk ;D)

[ATTACH]1570.vB[/ATTACH]

I think I followed it, but it gave me a headache.

1000x500px-LL-da25e412_that-post-gave-me-cancer.jpg.ee2e5e826f43c67fbe8d639175a754aa.jpg

How about there be like a 24 hour play limit before they can join ct, that would give some experience to the newfags and it would stop random people from joining CT and mass freekilling.

I wasn't too clear on that, this applies to people that just started playing on the server, dunno if people would get confused

How about there be like a 24 hour play limit before they can join ct, that would give some experience to the newfags and it would stop random people from joining CT and mass freekilling.

I wasn't too clear on that, this applies to people that just started playing on the server, dunno if people would get confused

Agreed with this. I think it'd help against randoms coming into the server and fucking things up with their assumption that our rules are the same as other server's rules.

Also, i think that those who type !guard basically have their names thrown in a pot and each time the CTs need a new meat shield, a random name is drawn. I'm sick of cybertwinkie going CT EVERY FUCKING ROUND when hes too young to even be warden, and by that right a CT.

I also think that the !guard command shouldnt be allowed usage for the first 20 seconds of every round. THIS will prevent 1 CT versus 40 Ts on the first day due to people going t and just typing !guard, preventing any other CTs.

I think Segway had the best ideas. If your kd ratio gets like 6 or over then you get switched to T (ex. 0-7, 5- 17). Also the first ct pick be random but after that queue. Also being able to get off the queue would be great because I know sometimes I accidently hit my !guard bind when I didn't want to so that would be sweet.