TheAlpha31

Minecraft in Unity

Hey guys,

Dont know if anybody is interested, but here is a small Minecraft-like game I have been working on for a few hours. It is built with Unity3D.

Dropbox

http://db.tt/rQTO6wYU (Play in browser, requires Unity plugin)

http://db.tt/YfRd1LUP (ZIP, execute the .EXE)

I was following a video series, but went off on my own. :tongue:

I would appreciate constructive feedback for what I have so far!

Ja Blow.

It's good for the first version you are having out for us to fuck with, but you cant switch items back and forth, also web player version (which i had used so maybe just for web player) is really buggy. your mouse doesn't lock on application, so you can only turn as far as your mouse can travel on your screen. nor can you right click.

but you cant switch items back and forth, also web player version (which i had used so maybe just for web player) is really buggy. your mouse doesn't lock on application, so you can only turn as far as your mouse can travel on your screen. nor can you right click.

About the items: Q and E keys. Only have 3 items so far. (Shovel, grass, stone). The way it is right now, Q -1s the inventory, while E +1s it. Starts on 2 (grass).

That is how the tutorial did it, but I am trying to make something better using 1-9

The web version is pretty bad right now with the right clicking problem bringing up the options, going fullscreen helps.

Do not yet have a way to lock the mouse, trying to figure it out. :\

Also adding crosshairs, torches, and making player a bit smaller.

mm, but i pressed E and it brought me to the (i'm assuming shovel, it was a white non-textured stick) and then i pressed it again, and it made it disappear and replaced it with nothing, and then i couldn't get back to any of the items.

mm, but i pressed E and it brought me to the (i'm assuming shovel, it was a white non-textured stick) and then i pressed it again, and it made it disappear and replaced it with nothing, and then i couldn't get back to any of the items.

If you have the (white?) shovel out, you should be able to press "E" once to take out the super-duper handheld grass block, allowing you to right click to make more grass blocks... I am able to make it work from my browser, so IDK.

I plan to change the system to use a 1-9 numpad layout. EX: 1 = Shovel, 2 = Grass, 3 = Stone, 4 = Torch.