Fink

I Have An Idea

Hello. I have an idea to solve the inactivity problems. YOU PROMOTE ME TO DL. jk. But this is a plan I made up. Feel free to share your thoughts. This is an unnamed system I made up. A staff member has to be on each server for a certain amount of time. (Unless they are busy, then they should try to contact a higher up first.) If they do not meet this requirement, they get a strike. If a staff member gets a number of strikes (lets say 5to 10), then they get demoted. A staff member should also get a strike if they minorly abuse, are mean to higher-ups/new players for no reason, etc.

comment

So basically its shifts. For me this wouldnt work because I use the family computer to play and because of this i have to get off for a certain amount of time while someone else has something more important to do. So ima have to say no

Wait, didn't we agree that we, the staff, were all badmins.

#Close #Worstthreadever

@kbraszzz

edit: IDK about anyone else, but this is my two cents. #maybebestthreadever2012

If a staff member gets a number of strikes (lets say 5to 10), then they get demoted.

So every promo/demo we would have new mods/admins/dm/dl since half the staff plays league or sits in Jailbreak.

@whoeverthenextdmis #justsaying :british:

If getting Staff to be active on TeamSpeak by threatening them with demotion isn't effective, I doubt a strike-system would be any more effective. If this is something that really is a problem, then blame Higher-Ups for promoting those who shouldn't be promoted.

If there is a lack of Staff on a particular Server, then the Division Manager(s) should be on that Server looking for probable candidates or should be advertising the position on that Server.

If getting Staff to be active on TeamSpeak by threatening them with demotion isn't effective, I doubt a strike-system would be any more effective. If this is something that really is a problem, then blame Higher-Ups for promoting those who shouldn't be promoted.

If there is a lack of Staff on a particular Server, then the Division Manager(s) (and/or @John_Madden) should be on that Server looking for probable candidates or should be advertising the position on that Server.

We shall take this as law my lord #thewordofthelordforest :hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail:

On a serious note (and to get it off my chest), 90% our staff is active on teamspeak. It's just the TF2 server activity for staff is getting bad to the point where some sit in the Jailbreak servers waiting for bans (@Matsi huehuehue) or 5 staff members at a time being present on JB#1 (won't tag any people) and the other servers not having even one staff member, hell even no xG members present. I've brought the "lack of staff activity" up before, but it seems the more mods we get, the same promoted mods decide to stay on one specific server. I do agree we (yes including myself :( ) lack activity like @Mr.Fink says, but making people do shifts just makes it an unpaid babysitting job and the strike system will just be a flawed as what we got now. Honestly, if you want to complain about staff inactivity, talk to @kbraszzz or any of the staff, don't start the twentieth "Staff inactivity thread/we need more staff" thread of the year. @kbraszzz (or any staff member for that matter) is the one who will go tell people to stop lazing around Jailbreak and/or pick up the slack.

So what i see here is that we need to get out staff out to other servers,

I feel like there should be a rule where only 2 staff members can be on the same server at once,

and ill try to be more active on the other servers.