GibleChan

Are playpoints really necessary?

Is it just me, or does PlayPoints do more harm than good? Sure, it adds some fun/balanced things (Disguise Jutsu, High Explosive Rockets, the charge thing for demo, etc.), but the other things are just ridiculous. Am I the only one that thinks it's stupid that a Sniper can sit there with homing arrows and a huntsman, never endangering himself once and get the most damage? Soldiers can destroy hale with homing rockets as well. When there aren't many people online, it's possible-- easy even, to kill hale before he has a chance to attack you by using homing. Hyper heavy is also an issue as they essentially become scouts that can take a hit. Another issue is that FF2 is not made with the assumption that all servers using it have PlayPoints. It is made to be balanced, and hyper heavy, and homing and everything else throw off that balance. One more thing, there is also the issue of hale being overpowered with 520 scout or hyper heavy. Sanic (despite being a dumb boss anyways as he's a straight upgrade from Vagineer) with 520 is REDICULOUS. And also, Servant Grunt, Pac-Man 2, and Gaben with hyper heavy are unstoppable. If Play Points isn't removed, can homing, 520, and hyper heavy be removed? And if even that can't happen, can there be a rule like "if there are less than x people on the server you cannot use homing". I don't know, it's just that I feel this is becoming more and more of a problem on hale and I thought it should be adressed. What do other people think?

this isn't the first time someone made a thread to remove play points or homing or the hyper classes. The plugin itself is old as hell and the perks do make our server stand out against others I'm sure if nomulous or bleed had some time to fuck about with the plugin they could probably fix it, if not then it'd have to be removed

Well it's something that keeps people coming back. Anyone can run the same bosses as us, but since play points in an OLD plugin, I don't think hardly anyone runs it anymore. If it ver gets updated, that's great. But it hasn't for a long time, and I highly doubt it ever will. Is so old it sometimes crashes the server lol. I say let's just wait it out. It might have to be removed eventually.

So...i do like the idea of removing homing anything but the problem is the 90% of randoms don't. they like to camp and not do anything. most of the server population might leave because of the removal. look at what happend to the older ff2 server we USED to have. they had no homing and no one came on.

Not sure, randoms like it but xG hates it.. What do?

Just wait it out kids, i'm sure @kbraszzz will be able to think of something for this issue.

The only issue with boosting the hp of the boss is that when less people are on, it's pretty much a death sentence. Maybe we could do it like we did the Homing Balls and do a trial removal period to see how people react? We'd need to go perk by perk, though....a mass removal of the "problem" perks would pretty much sign the server's death warrant, if the homing balls were any indication.

I feel as if the Playpoints adds more originality to the server. Most other servers don't have something like this, so it keeps people coming back. Most of the time the Playpoints kinda balance things out, since most people won't get the 1,000 - 2,000 damage each that's needed to kill Hale. The only issues I see are when less than 8 people are on during an open map, at that point Hale doesn't have a chance since people just pelt him with homing arrows or get a couple headshots as 50. cal Spy. Other than that, Playpoints are fine. I'm not sure how much editing can be done with the plugin (since it's old) but if things could be added/tweaked that'd be cool too.

For all it's cons, I think it's kind of a part of our Saxton Hale server. If you removed it, it would leave a gaping hole in regular VSH players, and it wouldn't stand out compared to other servers.