Sign in to follow this  
Chrono

Putting that prize money to use

Going to buy a humble bundle with some of dat glorious prize money @@Forest gave me.

it will be the full bundle, which means bf3

in order to be entered into this drawing, you must write a full paragraph, about forest fires. (you can be for them, against them, a fictional story about you starting one, etc.) and I will be grading them. the top 3 paragraphs get their name put in the hat a second time. I will be doing the drawing soon™ (prob this weekend) by best paragraph, i want originality, and some decent sentence structure. spelling and grammar is recommended.

i wus only 9 yrs old, i luved forests so much. I had all the leaves i could get. I preyed to forests all day for the lyfe i wus given. forest is luv i sai. forest is lyfe. My dad hears me and calls me a hippie. i new he was just jelus of my devotion to forest. I called him a tree killer. He slaps me and send me to go to bread.

My fayce hurts. I lay in bread and its really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel something touch me. Its forest! im so happy. He whispers into my ear "This is my forest." He graybs me with his powurful tree haynds and puts me on my hands and nees.

I am redy.

I open my lightur for forest. It hurts so much. But i do it for dad. I can feel forest burning as my eyes start to watur. I run away from the burning forest. Forest roars a weak roar as he burns to the ground. My dad pulls up. Forest looks my dad in the eyes and says "its all burned duwn now." Forest falls to the grund. Forest is h8. Forest is deth.

It was a cool British night. I was walking along the local forest when I was hit by a stick that came from the tree above me. It made me drop my crumpet, so I started to swear at the tree. I said "Oi mate, got a fuckin' problem? Wanna fuckin' tussle right now?" I realized swearing at the tree would do nothing, I had to do something bigger. It was the forests fault, I knew that much. That forest has always been mocking me everytime I walked by. It always said "Woosh" to me. The forest thought it could whistle at me like I was some sort of whore. I've had enough of this damn forest, I knew it was time for revenge. I went home and started planning. Planning evil things. "What should I do to this damn forest?" I thought. "Maybe I could chop it all down? Nah, that would take too long..." I knew there must have been a way. "Wait a minute...fire!" I said aloud. At that point, I knew that was the best option. I went to bed...excited for the next day where I could take revenge on that forest for whistling at me all those times. I woke up with the matches on my nightstand. It was time. I skipped to the forest while listening to "Disco inferno" by The Trammps. I got to the forest and started to yell obscenities into the air. The forest did not respond. While I was yelling for a good 5 minutes, it whistled at me again. I was furious. I took the matches out and striked one against the box. It was up in flames instantly. I threw it against the tree that made me drop my crumpet so I could start that forest fire. But out of nowhere, Smokey the Bear hit the match out of the air and slammed it on the ground. He said "Forest fires are bad boy, you best not be starting one." He threw the first punch. I took it because I'm a karate master. I then kicked the shit out of Smokey and took his head off, revealing the face behind Smokey. It was Forest, the co-leader of Xenogamers. It surprised me very much. Forest bled out right there. I couldn't burn that forest now, not when Forest sacrificed himself to save it. We had a funeral for him. He didn't want to have a normal funeral. He wanted to be cremated. We burned Forest. We started a FOREST FIRE. EHEHEHEHEHEHEH. RIP Forest, 19whatever-2013

It was the largest forest fire in American history. Maybe even the largest forest fire ever. No one knows for sure, but even now, it is hard to put into words what I did. For two fiery days and night's - July 20 and 21, 2013 - the fire raged across three acres of virgin pine-tree land in northern Washington and western Canada. Many throughout the world thought it would end, and for some unlucky forest people, it did. Most of what was destroyed fell to ceiling fan force winds that turned the fire into a blowtorch. Re-constructing what happened leads to an almost impossible conclusion: Most of the cremation occurred in a ten minute period.

A forester named Bleed wrote of flames shooting three feet in the air, "fanned by a tornadic wind so violent that the flames flattened out ahead, swooping to earth in great darting curves, truly a veritable red-rocket from hell."

Among the one group who perished were two men, M-Town and Cloud, and one Mexican, whose body was unidentifyable.

Two men too terrified to face death took their own lives. One jumped from a burning helicopter and the other shot himself with an AWP when he feared an approaching fire would make him all toasty. Two fire fighters fled into flames before the very eyes of horrified admins huddled in a nearby puddle.

Hundreds more survived, many by the grace of Silence. Ranger MuffinMonster, who became a hero at an abandoned hockey rink, led men with prayers on their lips through a pitch-black darkness punctuated by exploding zambonis and waves of flames that arced above the ice.

Perhaps, Epix would later say, "the men thought the small fires flickering dimly in the darkness were LED'S burning from the dead computers."

"The fire turned mice and men into weird torches that exploded like fruit gushers," one survivor told a newspaper reporter.

Payday 2 is love, Payday 2 is life. Payday 2 is love, Payday 2 is life. Payday 2 is love, Payday 2 is life. Payday 2 is love, Payday 2 is life. Payday 2 is love, Payday 2 is life. Payday 2 is love, Payday 2 is life. Forest Fire Payday 2 is love, Payday 2 is life. Payday 2 is love, Payday 2 is life. Payday 2 is love, Payday 2 is life. Payday 2 is love, Payday 2 is life. Payday 2 is love, Payday 2 is life. Payday 2 is love, Payday 2 is life. Payday 2 is love, Payday 2 is life. Payday 2 is love, Payday 2 is life. Payday 2 is love, Payday 2 is life.

The cold wind slaps against my frail body as I struggle through the snow. A bitter cold bites at my skin. My long brown hair that was bundled up in my beanie unravels as the strong gusts peel it off my head. The beanie is lost to the wind as it flies away, becoming a speck in the distance, then gone. I tuck my hair into the back of my hoodie and carry on. I have to reach the cabin. That is where the prophecy foretold I would find my salvation, my reckoning. The oracle had told me of the cabin, a small single room in the middle of the forest. It was a beacon of hope for me, the last stop before my day of death. The oracle had found me before I had attempted suicide. She got me at just the right time. I was vulnerable, easy to reach. She pulled me down off of the ledge of the 20 story building and said to me "Samantha. I can help you. I know where you will find your life again." Those words spoke to me as a mission. As a quest to fulfill this old oracles prophecy. Now, it was a becoming a regrettable decision. I want to go on with my mission, but I don't know if I can continue much longer. I am beginning to doubt the oracle, but at the same time I am filled with hope that the oracle's magic words were true. As I trudge through the Alaskan snows, a darkness suddenly appears. Out of nowhere, I feel a shadow creep up from behind. It is a huge, large shadow, and it keeps growing. I muster my courage and turn around. Before me stands a tall and strong forest, which bellows with the wind. My heart races, and I begin to quicken my pace. I think out loud "You were right. Oracle don't fail me now." to no one in particular. I make my way through the forest. The trees are dark and heavy with brush, they create shadow and leave no space for light. I depend on touch to feel my way through the dark forest. I walk for what seems like hours before a light appears. All at once, it illuminates the entire forest. I smile. This is it. The oracle was truthful. I pat my hands down on my ski jacket and walk slowly to the light. As I reach closer to the source, I see a clearing. In the clearing, a circle of ash surrounds a cabin. The cabin is small, and has 2 hotel-like double doors. I walk slowly, as these are my last moments, the moments I would truly find myself. "Samantha Williams has a reason to live." I think, "Her reason is to get to this cabin." I have done it. As I approach the cabin doors, a shadow of a tall, slender human being wearing a suit appears behind the door. This does not discourage me, I have come too far and for too long to be stopped by fear. I walk right up to the doors and open both at once. The man behind the doors seems startled, his face a sort of surprise and anguish. I walk right past his pale, sickly looking body to the fireplace, where a table and two chairs are set up. There is a teapot and cups on the table, and the fire roars in the fireplace. It crackles as I step on the wooden floor, then sitting down on the small wooden chair, which creaks beneath my medium weight. The slender man closes the doors and very slowly walks down and sits right across from me. He refrains from eye contact and stares only at his hands, which are in a wringing motion. He appears cold and lonely. He pours himself some tea, and I see his hands shaking at the weight of the tea pot. He does not offer me any. I pour myself some tea and drink it. My thirst surprises the man, and to this he says to me, "So you have come this far Samantha?" "Yes." I reply. He looks at me quizzically and states "You are not ready. Go home." This angers me extremely. "What do you mean I'm not ready? I have waited so long for this day! You cannot do this!" Saliva spits out of my mouth and lands in his tea cup, still full. In my rage I do not notice this, and the suit man takes a long sip from his cup. When he only has a small dot of tea left in his cup, he looks at me with his cold eyes and says, "Yes I can." He smiles with an inhuman smile and puts the tip of his bony ring finger on the dot of tea. He does not break eye contact and puts the finger into the fire. This causes a spark to fly off of his finger and ignites the cabin. I jump up and scream "What the fuck?!" The man, still smiling, gets up calmly, and walks to the doors, blocking them with his arms. The cabin begins to flame up, smoke everywhere. I look outside a window at a glance and catch that the forest is burning as well. The ash ring around the cabin has been lit on fire as well, the entire outside is burning. The sounds of trees toppling and wood burning almost deafens me. I shout out "Get out of the way you weird fuck!" I charge at him, trying to break my way out of the doors, but his arms stop my momentum. I hear a pop. I bounce back, my shoulder is dislocated. I cry out in pain and charge again. This time he moves, and lets me run into the door. I hit my head, and become dazed. I look around from the floor. The cabin is falling apart, and through the door I see trees falling endlessly around me. The smell of smoke chokes me, making it impossible to breath. I struggle to get up, and come face to face with the man. He smiles a huge, long smile, and then turns to let me leave. As I walk to the door, my clothes catch fire. I try to put it out, but it is too fast and it runs up my hair, into the rest of my body. I scream in agony as I burn alive with the forest. I hobble to the door, but I am far too wounded to walk. I fall to my hands and knees, still burning like a tree, clawing my way to the exit, with the tall man still smiling from above me. He is not hurt in the least. I make it to the bottom of the door, my entire body feeling like an oven. I reach up for the doorknob, only to have my hand swatted away. I scream in pain once more while still hearing the sound of trees burning in the distance. The cabin has half collapsed now, the back of it completely destroyed. My body is giving way to the heat, I don't have long to live. He watches me desperately crawl to the doorknob again, still smiling that insane smile. I am fading in and out of consciousness, the burning ember within me completely decimating me. This time, he puts my hand away slowly and gently. He pushes open the door and I start fading in and out of consciousness as I drag my soon to be lifeless body out into the forest fire. I am almost completely out when I hear him from behind me. "It was my privilege." The fires fade out and all goes black.

Wild Forest Fires (NOW WITH PICTURE)

boise-wildfire_91_600x450.jpg.dcc65446d81c06d55ec1a3fe05df1db1.jpg

Uninhibited blazes fueled by climate,breeze, and dry underbrush, wildfires can set alight acres of land—and consume everything in their paths—in mere minutes.

On mean, more than 100,000 wildfires, furthermore called wildland fires or forest fires, clear 4 million to 5 million acres (1.6 million to 2 million hectares) of land in the U.S. every year. In latestyears, wildfires have burned up to 9 million acres (3.6 million hectares) of land. A wildfire moves at speeds of up to 14 miles an hour (23 kilometers an hour), consuming everything—trees, brush, homes, even humans—in its path.

Although often harmful and destructive to humans, naturally occurring wildfires play an integral role in nature. They return nutrients to the soil by burning dead or decaying matter. They also act as a disinfectant, removing disease-ridden plants and harmful insects from a forest ecosystem. And by burning through thick canopies and brushy undergrowth, wildfires allow sunlight to reach the forest floor, enabling a new generation of seedlings to grow.

boise-wildfire_91_600x450.jpg.928a8f798e2844a633b0708063cb540e.jpg

Once upon a time, there was a forest. This forest was not like any other forest though, this forest played CS:S. With all the combined energy from the trees the forest became a very ineffective co-leader for a clan known as XenoGamers. This forest continued to reign over the clan until one day.

687474703a2f2f7075752e73682f3348486b742e706e67

The end.

Once there was this gigantic forest, its beauty was unmatched, there were so many species yet undiscovered by man, it had ruins of ancient tribes scattered a crossed it, each ruin had been containing magical essences that preserve the forest and heal it when it has been damaged. Then @@Bleed came to this forest, all of a sudden the magical essence died at the sense of him being in the forest, causing the forest to not heal for any more damages, the forest soon burned because I was showing @@Forest the great properties of fire and how it can destroy him and others. I seen the fires and when @@Bleed approached I could here the forest scream "This is all your fault Bleed!" and then the forest died, killing millions of creatures. Somehow @@Forest survived but I don't know how... shit happens.

THE END

-Bleed smells good

This one time, at band camp, for special children, that are overweight, everyone was all like playing with matches because the camp counselors were too distracted smoking that sticky icky to notice. Meanwhile, Jonathon tree was waving his branch at Martha tree, who he thought was totally cute. "Dem branches!" Jonathon tree exclaimed with glee at Martha tree. The squirrels rushed out of Martha trees owl hole to make room for Jonathon trees enormous trunk as he slid it inside, sap pouring out everywhere. "Aw yissssssss!" exclaimed Martha Tree as her leaves began to fall off from sheer pleasure. Also it was Autumn. Just then, the special, overweight, instrumentally gifted children rushed over to Jonathon tree, matches in their stubby, chubby nail bitten fingers. "Huzzuhh! Poower to tha peeple!" Screamed Simon, the leaders of the notorious gang Fats McGee and the Retard Three. Lighting Jonathon tree on fire, his plan seemed to backfire, as a rogue piece of flaming sap hit him in the eye, blinding Simon for a stupendous 3 days time. It was very inconvenient and his parents later sued the Redwood trees of California, gaining a large networth and starting a washing machine company that still does very well today. Martha tree came as soon as Fats Mcgee and the Retard Three were gone. She stood over her lovers ashes and sobbed, she cried for years to come, until finally she stopped talking. On her death bed, surrounded by her family, she finally spoke, her last words were recorded as "You want some water for that burn?"

I wrote this while I was high.